Win or lose...FIGHT!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:21 am    Post subject: Win or lose...FIGHT!

What pissed me off about last night's game the most is the complete lack of fight in our team. You get punched in the mouth in the first quarter, so you turn around and score one point through the first half of the second quarter? If the Lakers are to lose, that's fine, but don't go out like (bleep) getting punked.

What happened to the hearts of our champions? We are the defending champs! Win or lose, just fight! Let's see the Schroder that is constantly diving to the floor for loose balls, the Caruso that gets a steal followed by a fast break dunk, the KCP that hits the timely 3s combined with tough defense, the Drummond that crashes the boards relentlessly and flies in with help defense, etc! Be ready for war tomorrow, and, for the fans at Staples Center, we need all the energy you can give our team!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Yeah, check out Snoop Dogg's most recent tweet about the Lakers. Kinda hard, but it's true.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

https://clutchpoints.com/lakers-news-la-put-on-blast-by-snoop-dogg-after-blowout-loss-to-suns/
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

You do realize Phil Jackson, Shaq, Kobe and all those great mentally tough role players in the 3 peat era got B**** slapped by the Spurs in an elimination must win Game 6 at Staples Center to lose their dynasty right? Where was the fight then? Why did they lose pitifully and lose their 3-peat after all the adversity they went through to earn their 3-peat???? My point is dont blow this one game out of proportion. Even the most mentally tough teams can get blown out and the 3 peat Lakers getting blown out on their home floor in a must win Game 6 was far more inexcusable than this one.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 am    Post subject:

Would hate to see the Lakers go down with bullets still in the clip. Start your best players and play them as much as you possibly can. Start your best lineup. Don't close with it if you aren't going to start with it.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

this is what really bugged me as well.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

Or how about the back to back champion Lakers getting blown the f*** out in Dallas in Game 4 without any "fight" even though that team was led by the one and only Kobe.

Again one blowout loss in the playoffs, especially in a non-elimination game means nothing as we still have a chance.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Or how about the back to back champion Lakers getting blown the f*** out in Dallas in Game 4 without any "fight" even though that team was led by the one and only Kobe.

Again one blowout loss in the playoffs, especially in a non-elimination game means nothing as we still have a chance.

I was probably bummed back then too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've moved on from that game and I'll eventually move on from this one. Right now, it's a bummer.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

I’m really embarrassed at how they were acting during game 3.

They are going to get memed and clowned for it the entire summer if they don’t come back to win the series. It was very Clippers-esque.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject:

THT fought for 11 points and 11 boards in his 15 minutes. If Vogel had put him in his usual spot in the 2nd we may have stopped the bleeding earlier. Kuz has been terrible offensively. He needs to get going game 6 and 7. DS, 0-9?? That’s scrubbage.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

Maybe they lost badly enough that their pride is hurt and they will come out trying to dominate these kids.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Fortunately Magic didn't let something like this happen in 1980, when Captain Goggles went down. He played center, dominated, and led his team to victory.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
You do realize Phil Jackson, Shaq, Kobe and all those great mentally tough role players in the 3 peat era got B**** slapped by the Spurs in an elimination must win Game 6 at Staples Center to lose their dynasty right? Where was the fight then? Why did they lose pitifully and lose their 3-peat after all the adversity they went through to earn their 3-peat???? My point is dont blow this one game out of proportion. Even the most mentally tough teams can get blown out and the 3 peat Lakers getting blown out on their home floor in a must win Game 6 was far more inexcusable than this one.

Yeah, but that was at the end of their 3rd title and against the eventual champ and not in the 1st round in the 2nd year.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

Yeah, but that was at the end of their 2nd title and by the eventual champ and not in Rd 1.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Maybe they lost badly enough that their pride is hurt and they will come out trying to dominate these kids.

are ds, ad2, harrel, wes etc more cedric cancun ceballos or sack up and brawl.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I’m really embarrassed at how they were acting during game 3.

They are going to get memed and clowned for it the entire summer if they don’t come back to win the series. It was very Clippers-esque.

Hurt more cuz it was career losers like Drummond and Harrell partaking in the fun.

With regards to this actual topic, I think "playing hard" is a cliche that people lean on too often when their favorite team gets beat. Sometimes you just run into an opponent you're not equipped to play. Having said that, there's no excuse for not getting back on defense, not going hard after rebounds and loose balls, (bleep) like that, consistently whether you're winning or getting your ass beat. And I do think the team was guilty of that a lot last night, and in Game 4 for that matter. It happens, though. It's not like the Lakers are the first or will be the last team to lose faith in a hostile environment when they're down 20-30 points.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

Yeah, but that was at the end of their 2nd title and by the eventual champ and not in Rd 1.

That was a healthy squad, though, with established chemistry through the regular season (and a full summer of rest). I don't know...people will give a lot of flack to any excuses being made, but this has been a (bleep) up past two 1.5 years of NBA basketball. I do think we'll ultimately look back on this season as being the sacrifice for last year's title.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

how many of them walked out more than 5 minutes left in the game?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Would hate to see the Lakers go down with bullets still in the clip. Start your best players and play them as much as you possibly can. Start your best lineup. Don't close with it if you aren't going to start with it.

Completely agree.

No reason to play for the long run now, might as well play your best guys or hot guys (lol, that is a reach) huge minutes and see where it ends up.

Don't fiddle around anymore, attack and for the love of God find one guy who can consistently make an outside shot.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

If AD is able to return without any setbacks, the Lakers need to see this as an opportunity to fight back, win the series and win back-to-back titles. They need to see that as having dodged an injury bullet, and as a blessing from the basketball gods.

Seems like many defending champs have injuries throughout the season, including some of the Lakers teams from the past we remember.

If we somehow pull this out (which I highly doubt, but I guess it's possible) it would be a study in having fight and never giving up. At the very least, they need to go down kicking and screaming and put the Suns through hell just to knock us out of the playoffs.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:

how many of them walked out more than 5 minutes left in the game?

Game was out of hand. Made much more sense to get treatment. It’s much ado about nothing.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:

That was Game 6 after winning three championships in a row.

The team was in disarray too.

This is a little different.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
this is what really bugged me as well.

They sleepwalked thru that play-in game that they nearly lost, too. They haven't had the health, continuity, ganas, will to do what it takes to put yourself in the ranks as a REAL contender, and luck that they had last year. KCP had one of his death slumps at the worst time of the year and he won't just pull out of it in the nick of time simply because he wants to. His slumps are so heinous they can last for weeks. He wedgied a layup last time he had one early last season. Sucks. Harrell can't even be played. Boy, all the hoopla surrounding his signing was for naught. Schruder has been on and off. Brawn we gotta hope he's not feeling like being passive aggressive in Gm 6.

That's more bugs than a can of Raid could handle.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

I think many of us have resigned that is very likely an L...but of course, as fans, hope otherwise.

Just please come to fight, as the thread title states. They lose, but give it their all? Ok, fine. But if its a repeat of yesterday...oh brother.

Suns are laughing it up, but honestly, despite the various issues the Lakers have...*this* series imo comes (or came) down to AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
I think many of us have resigned that is very likely an L...but of course, as fans, hope otherwise.

Just please come to fight, as the thread title states. They lose, but give it their all? Ok, fine. But if its a repeat of yesterday...oh brother.

Suns are laughing it up, but honestly, despite the various issues the Lakers have...*this* series imo comes (or came) down to AD.

Not me. I expect a win with or without ad in game 6.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: