As a Lakers fan, who do you want to win between Clippers vs Suns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
“Insufferable” was used above. Clipper fans and Balmer’s antics if they win would be exactly that. I simply can’t have that !

Exactly why I would prefer the Suns. Clippers ran their mouth before even accomplishing anything. They haven’t been as bad as last season in being loud, etc. but still...

Suns have been business like and professional. Yes, they have some in game antics specifically from their leaders but that’s just normal playoff basketball shenanigans whereas the Clippers are more of that obnoxious team that wants all the attention but has yet to prove anything.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Neither
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

Suns. Dislike PG13, his big mouth, excuses, and the free agency rejection. They are like Lakers lite, poaching all our old players and staff. No tradition and act like a$$es (Pat Beverly) I still remember LA Times ads in the 80s and 90s advertising the opponents in game packages. That was the draw, not the team.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 7:53 am    Post subject:

Suns; Win 1 for the CP3. I know a lot of fans don't like him, I'm not one. I don't particularly like Booker but will root for him to play well. The only Clipper I will feel sorry for if the Clips lose is Tyronn Lue.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Suns
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

*sigh* Clippers. And then have them get beat bad in the Finals against the Bucks.

I guess I'm the only one still ticked off about the 2006 and 2007 playoffs and the whole "Kobe doesn't make his teammates better like Steve Nash" media bs. I (bleep) hate the Suns and Spurs and Celtics. Clippers...? Not so much.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
*sigh* Clippers. And then have them get beat bad in the Finals against the Bucks.

I guess I'm the only one still ticked off about the 2006 and 2007 playoffs and the whole "Kobe doesn't make his teammates better like Steve Nash" media bs. I (bleep) hate the Suns and Spurs and Celtics. Clippers...? Not so much.

No, I'm there too. Not a CP3 fan, either. I find him quite punk-ish, thought he was quite rude to Pau when he simply rubbed his head. Go Bucks, baby.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

No, I'm there too. Not a CP3 fan, either. I find him quite punk-ish, thought he was quite rude to Pau when he simply rubbed his head. Go Bucks, baby.

Paul also represents the Clippers teams I most dislike - he and Griffin and Jordan were insufferable while Kobe was limping to finish his career.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

the clippers winning would just be insufferable. and then you have that fat rich white dude in ballmer gloating as they hang their lone banner amongst our 17.

i just get such "rich white slavemaster" vibes from ballmer. if i'm jeanie, i try and coax him into a "me too moment" and roast his ass in the media. i have no doubt he's chomping at the bit to demean her if the clips win a chip.

it all basically comes down to we are LA, not the clippers. but barring that, get the hell out of staples! at least they are easier to ignore once they move to their Microsoft palace.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

If clips beat suns they win chip, so suns for sure.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

What happened to the Jazz? They are tied 2-2, with the Jazz having the home court advantage, after winning both their first two games at home, and they are favored in Game 5.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

Anyone but the Clippers.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Anyone but the Clippers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

i just get such "rich white slavemaster" vibes from ballmer.

I think you are confusing Ballmer with Sterling.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

suns

then go for whoever comes out the east.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

oh know sterling's past... i can't explain it. when i see ballmer cheering like a pyscho at clipper games, he looks like he's at the kentucky derby... but instead of being a stable owner...

i know i'm not being fair... i just get those vibes from him. compared to jeanie who is like everyone's favorite big sister/mother.

i mean to me, ballmer was in the right place at the right time. he is certainly not a great visionary. this is my favorite:

activeverb wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

i think the suns would have been more respectful if lebron wasn't clowning them in game 3. lebron should never clown unless he's at 100% and can back it up. i'll give him a pass though as he has historically backed up his ish talking.

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Suns. Not even close for me.

Even think the question is premature. Still think the Jazz win this series.

“Insufferable” was used above. Clipper fans and Balmer’s antics if they win would be exactly that. I simply can’t have that !

As for the Suns, they are playing great basketball. They have great chemistry, coaching, balanced roster, and leadership. There is a lot to respect.

I may not have liked the attitude they showed towards my Lakers, but in all honesty they deserved to be a bit cocky. They are a young new team with a recent history of losing. They turned that around and beat the champs who most favored. They proved they belonged.

The Laker team was disappointing all season. They had mental breakdowns all season, even when at full strength. They were outplayed by the Suns. In the end they quit on each other and the jersey. No excuses. Suns beat their asses and deserved to dance on the Laker legacy a bit. Doesn’t make it easier to take as a fan but they earned it.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Suns no question...like Horry said the Clips don't even belong in Staples...GET OUT!!! Hell I'll take the Celtics over the Clips.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Suns. Here’s some reasons for that: I don’t think Clippers are going to win vs Utah. I also want to see Ballmer look totally dejected and defeated. Kawhi and Paul George are both asshats. Reggie Jackson always celebrates hitting a shot like he just won a title, screams at the crowd after pretty much every play. Patrick Beverley acts like he’s never committed a foul in his life, and when he gets called on it he fights it always. Zubac is a (bleep). Jerry West is hyper sensitive and temperamental especially towards the Lakers since the Phil years. Hopefully the Jazz do the sports world a favor and beat them.

I really respect Booker’s fighting and no back down attitude. He’s not Kobe, but it’s refreshing to see a player get in and defend teammates. He has added weapons to his arsenal. CP3’s leadership has been on display and it’s cool to see. I really like Monty Williams and wish he was coaching the Lakers, but you can tell he’s changed the culture over there. This is all inspite of Sarver.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
the clippers winning would just be insufferable. and then you have that fat rich white dude in ballmer gloating as they hang their lone banner amongst our 17.

i just get such "rich white slavemaster" vibes from ballmer. if i'm jeanie, i try and coax him into a "me too moment" and roast his ass in the media. i have no doubt he's chomping at the bit to demean her if the clips win a chip.

it all basically comes down to we are LA, not the clippers. but barring that, get the hell out of staples! at least they are easier to ignore once they move to their Microsoft palace.

Getting out of staples is not enough, they should get out of town, Seattle needs a team.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

SOLakerFan wrote:
I’d want the Clippers to win.

I think it would put more pressure on the Lakers (esp. ownership) to go all out to win. I’m a little worried that the Lakers will get scared of the luxury tax and I think a Clippers win would put more pressure on ownership to spend to win.

I'm afraid the avoid the luxury tax ship has sailed already.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
oh know sterling's past... i can't explain it. when i see ballmer cheering like a pyscho at clipper games, he looks like he's at the kentucky derby... but instead of being a stable owner...

i know i'm not being fair... i just get those vibes from him. compared to jeanie who is like everyone's favorite big sister/mother.

i mean to me, ballmer was in the right place at the right time. he is certainly not a great visionary. this is my favorite:

activeverb wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

No, I agree 100%. And that he has to be sitting right under the g-damned basket to make sure everyone sees him ,and so that he can be sure his property is doing what they're told to do. I think it's incredibly disrespectful for an owner to be so visible in his game-to-game assessment of his players. Those guys have to be thinking, damn, this guy pays my paycheck, I'd better not screw up. Or else...
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

What does this mean?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Nets.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Bucks.

Or Suns. Devin Booker is a Kobe disciple. So I’ll root for him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: