Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:01 am    Post subject:

I’m sure the term for what you’re describing is “bandwagon fans.”
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

We should support the leprechauns also since they are in the US. Lock this crap up.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Did Dodger fans celebrate when the Angels won the championship? Did Kings fans celebrate when the Ducks win the championship? Do Galaxy fans celebrate if LAFC wins a championship? Well theres the answer to your question.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

All those are supporting the Clippers please raise your hands. Please keep them up as the mods come through and collect your screen names.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

Sharing a zip code is only one part of the Laker fan identity. These teams have vastly different histories and formulas for success in their franchise. As far as I know a lot of Laker fans don't even live in LA so just because Clippers share the city mean little to those people.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:14 am    Post subject:

There are no rules to being a fan. I've seen them play live in this year's playoffs and booed them to hell because I personally hate them but you can root for whoever the hell you want too.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Root for whoever you want, just not on this board. This is a Laker board.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

Can you have a gf while still dating your ex? Jerry West needs to leave the Clippers. The longer he stays there and the more successful the Clippers become, the more strain his relationship with laker nation would become. Should we make room for a possible Lebron statue at Staples Center?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Jerry West needs to leave the Clippers. The longer he stays there and the more successful the Clippers become, the more strain his relationship with laker nation would become.

Jerry West hasn't worked for the Lakers for 20 years. He's been with the Clippers for 5 years now.

I would hope he doesn't care whether that bothers "the Lakers nation."
lakerhalo
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

no
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

If there were two strong Los Angeles teams it becomes a disadvantage to the Lakers ability to recruit players. Players who automatically would choose the Lakers if they wanted to play in Los Angeles all of a sudden might consider the Clippers instead. Especially if they are young, didn't have a parent who taught them about the history of the game... so for that reason I root for the Clippers to lose.

I've gone to Clippers games before... I don't hate them.

It's hard for me right now because I feel Jeanie is a figurehead owner and we have been taken over by the soul of Klutch... but I'm hoping this phase will pass. If they take over the team completely then I may have to reassess my feelings. I'm also really irritated by the way Jeanie disrespected Jerry West.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

I've lived in LA my entire life...sixty plus years. First got attached to the Lakers as a young teenager. Never wavered.

To answer your question op I'll say I respect the fans of all the teams, so if someone wants to call themselves Lakers fans, while rooting for the clippers during the current run, so be it.

But the clippers (purposeful use of the lower case letter) as a team, I will never root for. Never! It goes against everything in me.

Seattle WA would be a Ball (mer) for them to relocate.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
It's hard for me right now because I feel Jeanie is a figurehead owner and we have been taken over by the soul of Klutch... but I'm hoping this phase will pass.

I get what you are saying, but I think that’s the era we are in tbh...The Player/Agency power era.

GS brought in Bob Myers.
Lakers brought in Kobe’s agent and gave keys to Klutch.
Nets copied the template and gave power to 35 Ventures.
Knicks followed pattern by handing keys to Leon Rose and CAA.
Even Ballmer has given power to Kawhi/Uncle Dennis unofficial agency.

Just the way it is right now.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
It's hard for me right now because I feel Jeanie is a figurehead owner and we have been taken over by the soul of Klutch... but I'm hoping this phase will pass.

I get what you are saying, but I think that’s the era we are in tbh...The Player/Agency power era.

GS brought in Bob Myers.
Lakers brought in Kobe’s agent and gave keys to Klutch.
Nets copied the template and gave power to 35 Ventures.
Knicks followed pattern by handing keys to Leon Rose and CAA.
Even Ballmer has given power to Kawhi/Uncle Dennis unofficial agency.

Just the way it is right now.

I feel the same way about the Dodgers too... If algorithms start ruling the teams then I may end up rooting for players I like instead of teams.

Whenever I played video games I'd never like the computer generated teams although it was fun to draft players. I always preferred playing with your own teams players.

I'm not stupid... and I get you want to always strive for the title... but I think it's important to at least cultivate some homegrown talent... otherwise you are just doing random drafts like a computer simulation and rooting for those players.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Jerry West needs to leave the Clippers. The longer he stays there and the more successful the Clippers become, the more strain his relationship with laker nation would become.

Jerry West hasn't worked for the Lakers for 20 years. He's been with the Clippers for 5 years now.

I would hope he doesn't care whether that bothers "the Lakers nation."

Yep, the divorce is 2 way. We celebrate his accomplishments with us in the past. But we know his loyalties are currently with the team he is currently employed with.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Cheap tactic, lakers and clippers are business rivals. Clippers would like nothing more than to supplant the lakers as the premier basketball franchise in the city and make people forget the storied laker history.

Although it will never happen
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

Sure, let me go root for the Celtics too.

GTFO
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:00 pm    Post subject:

Lue, the Clippers, and their 5 fans can go (bleep) themselves
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

I’ll say this, (bleep) the Clippers.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Cool. Just testing the water. Will continue with my Clipper hate unapologetically.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Can we still be laker fans, and support the clippers at the same time?

troy wrote:
Tyrone Lue recently called for unity in the city, and wants laker fans to support the clipper run. Not so much for the clipper's sake, but for the sake that they are a fellow Southern California team. My question is this, can you support the clipper run and still be a laker fan?

The clippers and lakers really don't have a significant rivalry, a la Boston vs. Lakers. There really is no significant issues or bad history between the 2 teams. No bench clearing brawls, no hard fouls, No games played in the post season, nothing really to suggest that there is a rivalry. We can bring up Kawhi Leonard's dismissal of us, but KL has proven over the years that he is loyal only to himself, not to any team. So laker fans really shouldn't feel slighted about that. Then there's Paul George not taking a meeting with us, but we don't know what happened during the negotiations, what was said or wasn't said. There is also Doc Rivers, who was the driver of much of the animosity more than anything else. But he got fired by the same team he talked trash for. You can mention Balmer's attempt to take over LA, but that guy is driven by money, and hes a spoiled, privileged idiot anyway.

To my knowledge, both K Leonard and Paul George have never really talked smack about the Lakers. And if not for Lebron's presence, KL would probably be here. And there's technically nothing wrong with KL and PG wanting to do something that no one has done, and that is to take this clippers franchise to the finals. Instead of joining an already stacked team with the lakers that have won multiple finals.

So again, why do you hate the Clippers? Is it acceptable for Laker fans to support them?

D00d...

Last edited by non-player zealot on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject:

No other cities have two NBA teams. Once they moved into their new dumpster, they should also rename to the Inglewood Shytters.

I still don't get why Ballmer wouldn't just move the Clippers to Seattle where they're desperate for a team. No one would miss the Clippers in LA.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

No. No, you can’t.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
No other cities have two NBA teams. Once they moved into their new dumpster, they should also rename to the Inglewood Shytters.

New York does. Manhattan and Brooklyn, which is a borough of Manhattan, are only 5 miles apart.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: