Dinwiddie for Kuzma discussion between the Lakers and Nets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Dinwiddie is not worth being hard capped.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

A Marc Spears conjecture is not worth a thread.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:16 pm    Post subject:

That title is misleading!!! Close this thing.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
See Dinwiddie mentioned every so often, why?

I admit I know little about him. Looking at his stats are not very impressive. For his mpg and attempts he seems to be a poor shooter. Not impressive from 2pt and about 31% from 3pt the last 3 yrs.

So what is the appeal? Great defender? Great chemistry guy? Why trade for him on this roster? Especially for a Swiss Army knife type player like Kuzma.

Kuzma is anything but a Swiss Army knife. This is not the rookie stats kuzma

We obviously disagree on what the term means.

IMO Kuzma is a nice player that is good at many things, not great at any. At times he will provide defense and rebounding, others times some decent scoring and assists, others nights not much at all.

At a decent but not bargain salary of $13m a year. We don’t have to agree on his value. Especially since it seems he may be gone if rumors are correct. Just hope it is for a solid player in return, not another player we need to bubble wrap and accept as one dimensional.

But back to my original question… what is the fascination with Dinwiddie? What role would he play on this roster? Legitimately interested, I don’t know his game that well.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I like Spencer but he’s a non 3 point shooting point guard who is sub par on defense and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Basically exactly the opposite of what we need as a starting PG and one that will be expensive (turning down his nearly 13m option).
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I like Spencer but he’s a non 3 point shooting point guard who is sub par on defense and needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Basically exactly the opposite of what we need as a starting PG and one that will be expensive (turning down his nearly 13m option).

I know we don’t have money to sign him but Spencer is better version of ds without the baggage
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I know we don’t have money to sign him but Spencer is better version of ds without the baggage

Not worth being hard capped for an archetype that may not work around AD/LBJ plus he’s coming off injury. He may want $18-20m a year for 3-4 seasons. Nah.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Perfectly fit the pattern. Known name, no shooting, cant defend
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Not worth being hard capped for an archetype that may not work around AD/LBJ plus he’s coming off injury. He may want $18-20m a year for 3-4 seasons. Nah.

I get that, I am just laughing at u saying he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I mean that’s exactly same case with DS as well. DS is a bad shooter as well
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I get that, I am just laughing at u saying he needs the ball in his hands to be effective, I mean that’s exactly same case with DS as well. DS is a bad shooter as well

Which is laughable bc you hate Dennis. 🤷

At least with Dennis you wouldn’t be hard capped AND have to trade someone like Kuz plus for him.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

At least with Dennis you wouldn’t be hard capped AND have to trade someone like Kuz plus for him.

hate dennis? why would i hate a player that plays for my fav team? i dont get that logic
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

hate dennis? why would i hate a player that plays for my fav team? i dont get that logic

Maybe not you but there are plenty of people who do. I don’t get it.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Dinwiddie had surgery on his partially torn right ACL on January 4 . . .

He fully tore the left ACL, MCL and meniscus in 2014 . . .

He declined his $12.3 million option, likely to try and get a big deal without having to prove whether or not he's healthy and back to what he was.

There are red flags everywhere around here.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Dinwiddie will reportedly play for the Nigeria national team in the Olympics. Good opportunity to showcase his talents after ACL surgery.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Some “people” don’t like Dennis because they think he makes our team worse… contract aside.

He stagnates the offense. The Lakers won’t win a title with him as the starting PG, or playing big minutes. That’s why we don’t like him.

If it were up to you, the Lakers would have already signed him to a 25+ million dollar contract, because “assets,” even if the asset is untradeable.

Keep leading the DS bandwagon though. It’s worked out for you thus far.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Dinwiddie will reportedly play for the Nigeria national team in the Olympics. Good opportunity to showcase his talents after ACL surgery.

He'd have to become a Nigerian citizen. I understand the US now allows dual citizenship - I don't think that was always the case.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Pass unless we have a Schroeder deal lined up for a quality wing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Some “people” don’t like Dennis because they think he makes our team worse… contract aside.

He stagnates the offense. The Lakers won’t win a title with him as the starting PG, or playing big minutes. That’s why we don’t like him.

If it were up to you, the Lakers would have already signed him to a 25+ million dollar contract, because “assets,” even if the asset is untradeable.

Keep leading the DS bandwagon though. It’s worked out for you thus far.

So you would hard cap the team, trade away assets to get essentially the same type of player that you hate for a long term deal coming off an injury? 🤷

I’m not leading the Dennis bandwagon. But seems you would already be leading the anti Spencer bandwagon next year.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:31 am    Post subject:

In 2019-20 (the last season he stayed relatively healthy) Dinwiddie shot just 41.5% from the field and 30.8% from downtown. His career averages are 41.0% and 31.8% respectively.

I know we got annoyed at how DS, at times, was a mediocre outside shooter, but Dinwiddie is much worse in that department. I think we can all agree that we need more good 3-point shooters.

Hard pass on Dinwiddie.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
See Dinwiddie mentioned every so often, why?

I admit I know little about him. Looking at his stats are not very impressive. For his mpg and attempts he seems to be a poor shooter. Not impressive from 2pt and about 31% from 3pt the last 3 yrs.

So what is the appeal? Great defender? Great chemistry guy? Why trade for him on this roster? Especially for a Swiss Army knife type player like Kuzma.

Unless it’s a guaranteed superstar, it’s only a matter of time before we start hearing what area the new guy “sucks” at, while we admire everyone else’s players. Our guys are all trash, and everyone else’s average stats players are great, so we need to get rid of ours for theirs.

Ok.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

We can do Better . I know people here don’t like kuz but he’s a solid player with size.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree. His career high 20 pts average in 2020 came at 41% overall and 30% from threes. He's not going to be a 20 pt scorer for the Lakers. If we are this unhappy about Schroeder's shooting, imagine Dinwiddie.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:36 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
In 2019-20 (the last season he stayed relatively healthy) Dinwiddie shot just 41.5% from the field and 30.8% from downtown. His career averages are 41.0% and 31.8% respectively.

I know we got annoyed at how DS, at times, was a mediocre outside shooter, but Dinwiddie is much worse in that department. I think we can all agree that we need more good 3-point shooters.

Hard pass on Dinwiddie.

I wish more attention was paid to the volume and types of shots guys take. Dinwiddie is not a good shooter obviously, but he has more gravity than DS because he's bigger with a quicker release. Just forcing a defender to close out a little faster and a little less under control can mean a drive against a compromised defense versus Schröder pump faking and passing it back out against a nice, easy defensive contest.

Dinwiddie isn't the answer - no one the Lakers can acquire is - and certainly not the answer if the Lakers are losing precious depth because they're hard capped, but Schröder's (bleep) slow release makes him a more inept 3pt shooter than his mediocre 34% mark would indicate.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree. His career high 20 pts average in 2020 came at 41% overall and 30% from threes. He's not going to be a 20 pt scorer for the Lakers. If we are this unhappy about Schroeder's shooting, imagine Dinwiddie.

Neither of them can’t optimized Lebron and AD. Their best role is assassin of the bench and I rather have THT develop into that role. For our short window, I prefer Lowry because at least he can manage the game better and he can pull that gravity to spread the floor for more room for Lebron to operate and he can switch with anyone. Hopefully we can get Batum for that mini MLE.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Home is the preferred destination,” the source told The Daily News. “But he wants to secure his financial future, too.”

Home for Dinwiddie is Los Angeles, where he spent the entire season rehabbing from his ACL tear at Phenom Sports Performance. If Dinwiddie were to join the Lakers or Clippers, it would have to be in a sign-and-trade. Even if Kawhi Leonard were to decline the player option on his contract and leave the Clippers in free agency, the team still would not have the cap space to sign Dinwiddie to a competitive contract.

The Mavericks are another team with interest in Dinwiddie, according to a source, and the Nets guard will be one of the more coveted players in free agency. Dinwiddie’s interest in Dallas or Miami is unclear. – via Kristian Winfield @ New York Daily News
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: