Guess who outrebounded the best rebounder in the NBA ....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Guess who outrebounded the best rebounder in the NBA ....

Hint, he also gave him a pretty good facial

Keep it up my boy !

And Turiaf - - We needed that energy desperately !!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Guess who outrebounded the best rebounder in the NBA ....

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Hint, he also gave him a pretty good facial

Keep it up my boy !

And Turiaf - - We needed that energy desperately !!

I TOLD you all it's ALL about the dunks!!!

Odom is a wonderful intangibles guy. Does everything. Phil needs to stop letting him initiate. We could REALLY use a guy like Anfernee Hardaway, who is a SMART player and would allow for more post-ups by Odom.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Odom is a wonderful intangibles guy. Does everything. Phil needs to stop letting him initiate. We could REALLY use a guy like Anfernee Hardaway, who is a SMART player and would allow for more post-ups by Odom

Yeah. Any initiator is looking good right now.

Smush is best when attacking. Can't really ask him to initiate that much.

Now I know why Phil/Mitch were talking about that veteran backcourt player.

The Lakers could really use one ...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Penny hasn't played in how long?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Odom will finally learn that role and when he does the critics will finally be made to STFU...

He only took 4 or 5 shots unfortunately but, that will change eventually. Meanwhile LO will continue to be superior in the areas where he is not made to think as he is currently in this role that he has never been asked to do in such a complex system. The Lakers know this. They could have just as easily cut him loose on the wing and, made Kobe continue to run the offense. Jackson knows that having that long initiator is key and, the fans will just have to be let to cry until the process is complete.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

When did Penny Hardaway become a smart player? As the leader of his team, he got his coach fired. He gets injured, and realizes that other than the athletic abilities that he once had, he had no game. From his injury forward, the guy has never had much of an impact on a single game, let alone a team or season. Maybe I'm overly critical of the guy, but there's one player I wouldn't call smart.

Grant Hill also had many debilitating injuries, and has come back on numerous times to make an impact on games and the team he plays for. That's a smart and valuable basketball player. Uses the fundamentals to his advantage.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:

about the last time Little Penny made a commercial (http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/5913/lilpenny.html)
(http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/5913/guardme.wav)
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:

I could be wrong.

I think that was Larry Brown's doing more than Penny's. He's not hurt. They just wanted nothing to do with him. Going into the season he thought he was going to start. Instead they said don't come. So he's been prepping himself so he could play after they cut/trade him. Could be worth a shot.

Penny Hardaway was given permission by the team to work out in Houston.
Hardaway still feels he can be productive for a team if given some minutes. The Knicks, however, obviously don't feel the same.
Source: New York Daily News

Coach Larry Brown said that if Stephon Marbury (shoulder) is out for an extended period of time, he'll consider bringing back Penny Hardaway.
Penny has not played since Dec. 9. The Knicks have essentially been paying him to stay away since. If New York ships him away before the Feb. 23 deadline, he could have some value on the right team.
Source: New York Post
Pappy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

How can you get so excited over inconsistant players like smush, odom, etc. it was against Orlando! doesnt anyone learn there lessons around here?

over the top praise is just as bad as the over the top hate these guys get. they are what they are, inconsistant role players! dont expect any more or less from these guys, its not worth the emotional rollercoaster!
Mostwanted
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Odom will finally learn that role and when he does the critics will finally be made to STFU...

He only took 4 or 5 shots unfortunately but, that will change eventually. Meanwhile LO will continue to be superior in the areas where he is not made to think as he is currently in this role that he has never been asked to do in such a complex system. The Lakers know this. They could have just as easily cut him loose on the wing and, made Kobe continue to run the offense. Jackson knows that having that long initiator is key and, the fans will just have to be let to cry until the process is complete.

You are aware that Kobe has been playing ALOT of iniator lately? And Lamar's weakness isn't that he doesn't have the ablity to run the iniator,
his weakness is his inability to run the iniator (getting everyone else involved) as well as himself. (being the second scorer)

He still hasn't come to grips on how to handle all of that.

If not for the offensive pick up from Cook, Smush, Turiaf and Brown his 2-6, 8 point would have been a problem.

Lamar has always been a GREAT rebounder. I am not worried about his rebounding.

Great dunk though.

Last edited by Mostwanted on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
How can you get so excited over inconsistant players like smush, odom, etc. it was against Orlando! doesnt anyone learn there lessons around here?

over the top praise is just as bad as the over the top hate these guys get. they are what they are, inconsistant role players! dont expect any more or less from these guys, its not worth the emotional rollercoaster!

as Dr.Evil would say about learning"righttttttttttttt"
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:

I feel ya.
Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
about the last time Little Penny made a commercial

Why'd they have to go and revive that annoying gimmick for LBJ's commercials? He shares his superstar lifestyle with a creepy little puppet?
AreaZeroOne
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Pappy wrote:
How can you get so excited over inconsistant players like blah , blah blah...

Easy. They're wearing Laker jerseys , and i'm a Lakers fan. Every one is always going to the players being inconsistent , when (bleep) it , they should shut up and enjoy the game and support the guys once in a while. Hell , I think Kwame can be an all-star , but I booed his ass a couple of games ago at Staples. But to continue the hate day in , day out is ridiculous.
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

Trevacious wrote:
Quote:
about the last time Little Penny made a commercial

Why'd they have to go and revive that annoying gimmick for LBJ's commercials? He shares his superstar lifestyle with a creepy little puppet?
Little Penny owes Thirst an a$$ kickin...
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

The only things people will cry over is the Lakers continuing to barely hang onto .500. Though we can always laugh at god-awful armchair analysis like the above crap you posted.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

Yea Lamar is good for a top ten highlight every now and then right???? Well he made number two in Espn's top ten . Great tomahawk on Dwight Howard. It seems that he likes to caught under the rim whenever the opponent is a Laker. Wish Dwight would of been our fresh out of high school big man instead of Kwame. Well we gotta work with what we got I guess..?!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject:

Penny who?
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject:

at ppl getting pwned and me not even having to strike a key.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject:

Mostwanted wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

You are aware that Kobe has been playing ALOT of iniator lately? And Lamar's weakness isn't that he doesn't have the ablity to run the iniator,
his weakness is his inability to run the iniator (getting everyone else involved) as well as himself. (being the second scorer)

If not for the offensive pick up from Cook, Smush, Turiaf and Brown his 2-6, 8 point would have been a problem.

Lamar has always been a GREAT rebounder. I am not worried about his rebounding.

Great dunk though.

Quote:

That was exactly my point. Lamar Odom is a great talent that if left to do just that he would dominate on any given night. There is no question about that. The role he is being asked to learn now has to be the most challenging of his career. When LO just runs the floor and, relies on his instincts for the game he is a good ballplayer.

Kobe told everybody that the initiator position in the tri is a tough one to learn. Few people listened...
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject:

Guess which 2nd option was outscored by TEN other players today...
ArrOhBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:

Oh my god!!!...Odom was outscored by Deshaun Stevenson!!!!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

The only things people will cry over is the Lakers continuing to barely hang onto .500. Though we can always laugh at god-awful armchair analysis like the above crap you posted.

KA_2 all I'm doing is offering counter crap to your continuous crap so whose the most idiotic in this exchange?
You have something that would take a thought process to offer in response?
Proabably not... That being the case you can pretty much STFU now, you don't need to wait...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
KA_2 all I'm doing is offering counter crap to your continuous crap so whose the most idiotic in this exchange?
You have something that would take a thought process to offer in response?
Proabably not... That being the case you can pretty much STFU now, you don't need to wait...

I agree with Shoes, for the first time EVER!

KA i'm sick and tired of your posts you're making Shoes look like the king of posters ENOUGH.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:

at ppl getting pwned and me not even having to strike a key.

Your so predictable Pip... You're just pissed because that theory of yours that this team should never try and play team ball looked pretty silly in this contest against the Magic.

Don't worry about it Pip... Everybody knows that your Kobe jocking makes it impossible for you to be rational...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: