3rd Quarter was Good but 4th Quarter wasn't that good.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: 3rd Quarter was Good but 4th Quarter wasn't that good.

I loved every second of the 3rd quarter as it shows some effort and determination, but what happened to the 4th quarter?
The 4th Quarter was a close one, the laker lead went down to 7 points if I can remember correctly, they almost messed it up again,
thanks to Kobe he made some incredible shots to give us the W.
junebug
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

This win was not pretty at all. Olando's turnover and missed freethrows made us look good. They are one of the worst teams in the league and we barely won. Our defense was still horrible.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 3rd Quarter was Good but 4th Quarter wasn't that good.

Philostrator wrote:
I loved every second of the 3rd quarter as it shows some effort and determination, but what happened to the 4th quarter?
The 4th Quarter was a close one, the laker lead went down to 7 points if I can remember correctly, they almost messed it up again,
thanks to Kobe he made some incredible shots to give us the W.

What happened was Phil put Bynum, Green, and Turiaf on the floor at the same time when they went up by 20. Always likes to keep it interesting, doesn't he?
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject:

What happened was that Phil went with the garbage time lineup just a minute or two too soon. They were able to maintain for a small stretch, but Orlando had its starters in and the Lakers went into a bit of a dry spell on offense, so they cut into the lead.
Philostrator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Re: 3rd Quarter was Good but 4th Quarter wasn't that good.

RYZ wrote:
What happened was Phil put Bynum, Green, and Turiaf on the floor at the same time when they went up by 20. Always likes to keep it interesting, doesn't he?
It's weird he put Bynum and Green on a crucial time for the Lakers, 4th quarter was really inconsistent and players didn't had any kind of energy to score or defend, Phil really likes to gamble. Some days he won't be so lucky.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Phil was definitely hoping the youngins could hold the lead so our other guys could get some rest. Not the case, but he got some good minutes in for a few guys.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Phil was definitely hoping the youngins could hold the lead so our other guys could get some rest. Not the case, but he got some good minutes in for a few guys.

Exactly. And as has been the case for most of Phil's career (with select
moments this season outstanding) - he took a smart gamble.

Got some guys some development minutes, still won the game.

No complaints here.
kobester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

play kobe for 44 mins when they have a back2back game tomorrow, not good.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:

This team still doesn't have much of a killer instinct. They had it in the 3rd quarter, then they relaxed too much in the 4th quarter and started playing like there were only 2 minutes left. They started walking the ball upcourt, stopped attacking, used too much shot clock, and didn't play good D. This team still has to learn how to finish and put teams away. You don't use the clock and stuff like that until around the 4 minute mark. Until then, play the normal way and attack at both ends.

Play to win. Don't play not to lose.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject:

I don't mind the rookies getting some valuable minutes, but I don't know why Phil plays them together. Put Bynum in with the starters occasionally so he can get a good pass and maybe make an assist.

I can see Turiaf coming in for several different players though. He is big and agile.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: