Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook has his strengths and weaknesses for sure....
One thing he DOES have that no every player has and that is, fight.
He fights.....until the last second of the game...
Sure, he's going to turn the ball over, make bad passes, shoot bad shots....
But, he will fight....

Last year, I saw guys pack it in....especially Schroder....who gave half ass effort at times....same with Kuz....remember when he was rebounding double digits and people here were calling him "our Rodman" - then he faded away to the usual Kuz...

Nice having a fighter on this team!!!
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
If we win a championship, Russ will be the face of LA. Facts. People will be talking about him, posting pictures up of him, painting murals of him..... he'll be talked about more than LeBron in LA.

That would only be true if Westbrook plays spectacularly during a championship run.

If he's the obvious #3 guy on the team, I can't imagine why the city would go crazy over him.

We won't win if he is the 3rd guy on the team. We will only win, as I see it, if Russ is stirring the ship.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
If we win a championship, Russ will be the face of LA. Facts. People will be talking about him, posting pictures up of him, painting murals of him..... he'll be talked about more than LeBron in LA.

Don't they already have murals of Lebron all over LA and the talk of the town...?

So you're saying that Russ winning a ship will over shadow all that?

If Russ wins a title with Lebron, it will only further improves Lebron's legacy. The word around is that you can't win a ring with Russ... KD never did it, Harden never did, Paul George/Melo never did it.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

If Russ wins a title with Lebron, it will only further improves Lebron's legacy. The word around is that you can't win a ring with Russ... KD never did it, Harden never did, Paul George/Melo never did it.

They used to say the same kind of things about Jason (White Chocolate) Williams and Antoine Walker. And, to a lesser degree, Gary Payton
The Heat proved a lot of people wrong in 2006
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

With the small sample size of 4 games… WB has been an upgrade from Schroeder at PG, bigs activated including AD… now to integrate with Bron and for god sake fix the defense

(It’s basically WB or DS+Hield money wise )
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

In regards to Russell‘s extension if there’s anyway we could get him for the money that we were going to give Dennis which is four years over 84 that would be awesome.

I guess in some ways we could say we caught a break with Dennis giving us the middle finger? 🤔😂🤣🤣
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
In regards to Russell‘s extension if there’s anyway we could get him for the money that we were going to give Dennis which is four years over 84 that would be awesome.

I guess in some ways we could say we caught a break with Dennis giving us the middle finger? 🤔😂🤣🤣

A lot of people sleeping on that fact at the end of 2023, Lakers pretty much have a clear cap. Guess who's a free agent that year... Bradley Beal!

Lakers probably go after Beal, him and AD will only be 30... I can see Lebron and Russ resigning and splitting the other max contract.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I am curious to know if Bron will be looking to make a deal to play with whoever drafts Bronny?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

A lot of people sleeping on that fact at the end of 2023, Lakers pretty much have a clear cap. Guess who's a free agent that year... Bradley Beal!

Lakers probably go after Beal, him and AD will only be 30... I can see Lebron and Russ resigning and splitting the other max contract.

Can also see Zion and Ja wanting to leave
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Don't they already have murals of Lebron all over LA and the talk of the town...?

No, those Murals got spray painted over them because us in LA don't respect Bron. LA is Kobe town, but if Lakers win, Russ will be that dude. Because if Lakers win, I believe it'll have to be with Russ stirring the ship. It'll still be Kobe town, but Russ will be fully embraced.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

No, those Murals got spray painted over them because us in LA don't respect Bron. LA is Kobe town, but if Lakers win, Russ will be that dude. Because if Lakers win, I believe it'll have to be with Russ stirring the ship. It'll still be Kobe town, but Russ will be fully embraced.

I don't think you speak to all LA my guy... Lots of fans in LA respect Lebron. I have a lot of die hard kobe fans friends and cousins who now respect Lebron... Plus that was in the beginning. I don't see people now spray painting over his murals.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I don't think you speak to all LA my guy... Lots of fans in LA respect Lebron. I have a lot of die hard kobe fans friends and cousins who now respect Lebron... Plus that was in the beginning. I don't see people now spray painting over his murals.

I never said ALL, i'm even more so talking about alot. I speak to a lot of LA because of my profession. A lot of people in LA don't respect Bron. Why do you think his Mural's got painted over?

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

That would only be true if Westbrook plays spectacularly during a championship run.

If he's the obvious #3 guy on the team, I can't imagine why the city would go crazy over him.

We won't win if he is the 3rd guy on the team. We will only win, as I see it, if Russ is stirring the ship.

Oh, dude, two games ago you were posting how crappy Westbrook is.

You do nothing but spew out stupid comments.

You've chosen to make yourself a joke on this board.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Bring up my post, so I could put it in proper context for you.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

No need. I know the context of your post. And I see right through your silly little games on this board
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

No need. I know the context of your post. And I see right through your silly little games on this board

Provide the proof. The most I have said about Westbrook, realistically is he can't shoot; but I have also said it might be because of his pacing and how fast his mind moves possibly altering his shot. I said he needs to pace his self, and work on the technical aspect of his game. I also talked about his turnovers. I also noticed his play without Bron vs with Bron. Which resulted me in saying he needs the keys, but I have never said he was "crappy" as you put it, but post the evidence, or I would appreciate it if you stop making things up, involving me.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I never said ALL, i'm even more so talking about alot. I speak to a lot of LA because of my profession. A lot of people in LA don't respect Bron. Why do you think his Mural's got painted over?

You said LA don't respect Lebron, and LA is Kobetown... When you say LA you make it sound all LA... Like I said that happened during when he first came here. A lot of people had mix emotions back then including myself... But a lot of fans also had a change of heart after they won the title in 2020 on the year Kobe died.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

You said LA don't respect Lebron, and LA is Kobetown... When you say LA you make it sound all LA... Like I said that happened during when he first came here. A lot of people had mix emotions back then including myself... But a lot of fans also had a change of heart after they won the title in 2020 on the year Kobe died.

That's true, it does sound like all of LA. I meant a lot of people because I talk to a lot of people in LA, but LA is Kobetown. You don't think so?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

That's true, it does sound like all of LA. I meant a lot of people because I talk to a lot of people in LA, but LA is Kobetown. You don't think so?

I mean to say LA is Kobetown when he is no longer playing at the time when Lebron signed here kind of makes no sense. Lebron always praised playing for LA, and all LA legends including Kobe. So not sure what the issue is with Lebron... Is it more about LA being Kobetown or Die hard Kobe fans hatred towards Lebron for no reason? It was Magic town during his time, Shaq during his time, Kobe during his time, and why not now with Lebron?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I mean to say LA is Kobetown when he is no longer playing at the time when Lebron signed here kind of makes no sense. Lebron always praised LA his time here and LA legends including Kobe. So not sure what the issue is with Lebron... Is it more about LA being Kobetown or Die hard Kobe fans hatred towards Lebron for no reason?

I mean the city of LA not the Lakers. Kobe is beloved in LA over any player to have played on the Lakers or a LA sports team. That's why the slogan is staple center that house that Kobe built. LA made 8/24 Kobe day before he passed.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I mean to say LA is Kobetown when he is no longer playing at the time when Lebron signed here kind of makes no sense. Lebron always praised LA his time here and LA legends including Kobe. So not sure what the issue is with Lebron... Is it more about LA being Kobetown or Die hard Kobe fans hatred towards Lebron for no reason?

I mean the city of LA not the Lakers. Kobe is beloved in LA over any player to have played on the Lakers. That's why the slogan is staple center that house that Kobe built.

That's fine... I think Lebron himself will agree to that. I mean since Lebron came here he never showed that he wanted to take anything away from Kobe... It seems more like insecurities from Kobe fans. Lebron brought the Lakers back. When we're a lotto team for years before.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

That's fine... I think Lebron himself will agree to that. I mean since Lebron came here he never showed that he wanted to take anything away from Kobe... It seems more like insecurities from Kobe fans. Lebron brought the Lakers back. When we're a lotto team for years before.

Lakers were never off the map. Lol they were still high in ticket sales, merchandise, viewership, and so forth. You mean they started winning again when Bron got here? If so, that's true.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Why not just say how you feel about Lebron in your signature and be done with it? Do you have to plaster this (bleep) all over every thread?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Why not just say how you feel about Lebron in your signature and be done with it? Do you have to plaster this (bleep) all over every thread?

Lol Whoa! I was just responding to someone that responded to me. Lol I was just saying that I feel Russ will be talked about more than Bron in LA, if LA wins the championship. Before and when we won, it was as far as Bron took us, pretty much, but now I believe that we could only win it all if we give Russ the keys, at this point of Bron's career. Also, Russ is more effective on the ball and more people moves when he has the ball, including Bron. Not to mention, Bron have been shooting more 3's. He moves better off the ball than Russ too.That had nothing to do with me not liking Bron or me thinking he is soft. Actually, outside of how soft I think he is, I don't mind him. But I feel Russ will be more talked about because Russ is from LA and because of Russ's killer, relentless mentality. He comes off as more likable.
sonn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Trading for Westbrook is Pelinka's worst move.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 71 of 426
Jump to: