Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
I mentioned this in the Free Agency/Trade topic, but I would do Westbrook for Wall at this point. He looked limited compared to his pre-injury form, but maybe he can still produce to some extent while offering higher BBIQ.

They have similar salaries and both have a player option after this season. As we've seen in the past, you can trade bad contracts for each other.

It's crystal clear that Westbrook isn't going to work out. He really hasn't gotten any better since the beginning of the season.

Might as well take a chance on Wall. And if it doesn't work out, the Lakers are in the same situation anyway.

Good idea but what's in it for Houston? They're not just gonna help us and give us a chance that Wall playing like an all-star again while they get nothing. As long as they don't ask for a first, then I'm down. Maybe we could send them some cash but then Jeanie might not be able to afford since she's so poor.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Why did we have Russ just standing around tonight? While he's no longer a star, he's still a very good play maker. If we're turning him into a spot up shooter in order to limit his turnovers, I'm not sure how that's any better.

They did that to cut down his turnovers. It worked but then he decided to blow every layup in sight. It almost seems purposely done by him. I mean, how else will he get his triple doubles if he doesn’t have the ball? I just want him gone.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Japago wrote:
I mentioned this in the Free Agency/Trade topic, but I would do Westbrook for Wall at this point. He looked limited compared to his pre-injury form, but maybe he can still produce to some extent while offering higher BBIQ.

They have similar salaries and both have a player option after this season. As we've seen in the past, you can trade bad contracts for each other.

It's crystal clear that Westbrook isn't going to work out. He really hasn't gotten any better since the beginning of the season.

Might as well take a chance on Wall. And if it doesn't work out, the Lakers are in the same situation anyway.

Good idea but what's in it for Houston? They're not just gonna help us and give us a chance that Wall playing like an all-star again while they get nothing. As long as they don't ask for a first, then I'm down.

Well, Westbrook makes slightly less. And if Westbrook is more restless about not playing, then he's more likely to work out a buyout and save Houston some money.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Somethings gotta give - it’s been long enough….. couldn’t find a way to win consistently when it was WB + AD and now shows that he can’t do it when it’s WB + LBJ. What’s the point of a 3rd star if the end result is struggling for 500 ball against weak opponents AND your 37 year old superstar star has to not only play out of position for him but also can never sit down…… SMH….
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Russell Westbrook's brother just said to keep the same energy, be real, and state facts.

"It's basketball at the end of the day....nobody understands the narrative of what goes on every single day in his life."

Quote:
Russ on the criticism he's received since joining the Lakers

“I take it as a compliment because if I wasn’t out here, and I hadn’t done anything in this game, they wouldn’t even pay no mind to what I’m doing and how I’m doing it."
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Jordan clarkson back in a heartbeat over this clown
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Somethings gotta give - it’s been long enough….. couldn’t find a way to win consistently when it was WB + AD and now shows that he can’t do it when it’s WB + LBJ. What’s the point of a 3rd star if the end result is struggling for 500 ball against weak opponents AND your 37 year old superstar star has to not only play out of position for him but also can never sit down…… SMH….

KD stuck by this sucka's side for 8 years. EIGHT! My man deserves a Medal of Freedom.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Russell Westbrook's brother just said to keep the same energy, be real, and state facts.

"It's basketball at the end of the day....nobody understands the narrative of what goes on every single day in his life."

Quote:
Russ on the criticism he's received since joining the Lakers

“I take it as a compliment because if I wasn’t out here, and I hadn’t done anything in this game, they wouldn’t even pay no mind to what I’m doing and how I’m doing it."

Wow...This guy doesn't get it....SMH....
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Any chance Indy or Det are willing to take him?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:03 am    Post subject:

Sit him and make him want to negotiate a buyout. Use his ego against him. Whatever we end up paying him we deserve to pay for being stupid. Think of it as the stupid tax. The Shaqtin the fool equivalent for owners, GMs and LeGMs. The Lakers DESERVE to watch that 80M burn. Us fans don’t deserve to watch this clown show.

He single-handedly killed every opportunity down the stretch tonight. What a perfectly predictable unmitigated disaster.
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:11 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Sit him and make him want to negotiate a buyout. Use his ego against him. Whatever we end up paying him we deserve to pay for being stupid. Think of it as the stupid tax. The Shaqtin the fool equivalent for owners, GMs and LeGMs. The Lakers DESERVE to watch that 80M burn. Us fans don’t deserve to watch this clown show.

He single-handedly killed every opportunity down the stretch tonight. What a perfectly predictable unmitigated disaster.

I agree with this post 100% (except his contract is for over 90 million dollars. My God!). The weak thing is that I don’t think Vogel, LeBron, Pelinka, Jeanie, etc. have the balls to do this. For the most part, we’re royally screwed.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I can't even find any silver lining anymore with him.. While the team was far from great tonight Russ single handedly just slaughtered momentum in our favor multiple times on both ends in just about every single kind of fashion you possibly can on an NBA court. It's almost impressive how well he can find ways to screw up a game and proceed to act like he has never made a mistake in his life.. Just mind boggling tbh for a veteran with his resume.. I'm sure he'll shoot better then the last few which is what I see brought up a lot lately in the media especially but that's only a veryyyy small fraction of the whole problem sadly.

He got so vastly outplayed by an undrafted rookie who's played what, a couple hand full of NBA games at this point? Watching the two tonight you'd 100% believe Russ was the undrafted rookie. Even the most basic fundamentals of basketball Reaves was basically running circles around Russ. Just straight up pathetic, it goes way beyond his awful shooting from literally anywhere on the floor since he can't even consistently make layups anymore He makes pretty much zero "smart" plays and is brutally awful defensively the majority of time to top it all off..

The team has plenty of problems but he is making the season close to unwatchable by himself. From his play to his utterly pathetic mental approach to the game that I always thought from afar was him toying with the media but nope! he's just delusional asf and is far from having the mindset of a winner in any way. All he does is deflect and never owns up to anything.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:32 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately his game is not his biggest problem. Its his brain and being delusional. He still thinks he is playing good. You actually cant teach or train people like that because whatever you say they think they are the smarter.
Obviously he need to be benched or whatever but just remove him from the team.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 am    Post subject:

Season is over
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:47 am    Post subject:

Here is what the Kings put on the jumbo-tron last night.

https://i.postimg.cc/rs02Pk8z/8-C2331-BF-96-E5-4152-9-B51-E2639587886-D.jpg

Last edited by dont_be_a_wuss on Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:54 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:

KD stuck by this sucka's side for 8 years. EIGHT! My man deserves a Medal of Freedom.

People keep saying this but that Westbrook was miles better than this one. Westbrook was incredible on the break and finished at the rim like a big during the KD years. This Westbrook is a shell of himself. We win many of these games with young OKC Russ.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:55 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

Why would he ever buy out $47M?? He might be stupid on the court but I can assure you he won't be that stupid irl. Plus, there's probably a bunch of friends and advisors who would never let him do that.

You think he really want to go to another team to play for a championship so badly that he would give up most of $47M? That sounds like another LG's fantasy.

We can sit him and start Reaves to see if we're any better but we'd still have to pay him every single cent of his $91M contract. For this season and the next, we're just gonna have to try to win a championship with WB's $91M capspace doing nothing. This WB trade made Moz/Deng signing seem like a smart move.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject:

I’ll be interested to see if the coaching staff does what needs to be done after the trade deadline which imo is benching WB and putting him with the second unit…..1) I actually think he might play better if is out there without AD and Bron, because he can be “the man” 2) He needs to get the message if you believe you are a starter you have to play like a starter……I doubt Frank does this, which is disappointing because we’ve this exact scenario with other players like THT….
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:17 am    Post subject:

It also seems pretty clear, that WB can’t be effective if he isn’t dominating the ball….which is never going to happen on this team, because LeBron even at this stage of his career is significantly better at managing all facets of the game than WB….another reason why I think he needs to go to the bench….sucks to pay $40 mil for your back up, but it is what it is at this point
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

Not sure what mind game Vogel is trying to play by saying WB is in a slump right now because WB is just shooting his percentage. His career fg is decent because of all the dunks and layups but if you took those away and just looked at his jumpshot, he's been shooting his normal percentage.

If Vogel is trying to fool other GMs, then he's not doing a very good job. Maybe only Pelinka would fall for Vogel's mind game because any astute GM would see that WB clearly isn't who he used to be anymore.

I mean we still have half a season left to try and experiment with other options. It seems to me like they've already given up on the season by keep starting WB.

Vogel should just come out and say "Westbrook sucks so I'm benching him because we've got games to win and a dynasty to build!"
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
I hate this man. (Sports hate. I’m sure he’s a fine person in real life, but he’s among the most excruciating to watch on my team).

Among? He's hands down the most frustrating player I've seen put on the PnG. Complete dunce.

I meant of all time. He’s up there with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, etc.

Smush Parker was not heralded, everyone knew he sucked. Nor was he making $47 million. This guy, I don't have words to describe how fundamentally unsound he is. It's not just carelessness, it's lack of basketball fundamentals:
* he's rarely in the right place defensively, missing box-outs, or lounging - really, I urge people to watch and compare with Reaves or Bradley
* he constantly plays outside his *current* abilities on offense, chucking that bank shot as if some basketball god anointed him bank-shot deity status
* for those that think that he's some kind of godly penetration whiz, I urge them to watch how the defense plays him for penetration. Yes it works sometimes, but teams with shot-blockers know that they can force him to pass, and that he has mediocre court vision and awareness. Watch to see how the secondary defenders collapse and deny passing angles resulting in either turnovers or deflected passes, or a pass to an out-of-position teammate. Compare with Lebron passes out of penetration.
If someone has an analytic/metric of net points (shots made - turnovers) out of penetration, I'd love to see it, cuz my eye-test says that the other team gets high-percentage shots on the turnover/missed-shot/blocked-shot.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

A junior high coach would sit russ and give his minutes to reaves.

Vogel is afraid cause he will get fired for benching him.

Lebron is a great basketball player and poor GM. So is Jordan.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:07 am    Post subject:

Russ was on a streak of solid game going back 2-3 weeks and then just fall off the cliff. And his body language shows it too there’s something going on behind the scene. People may criticize Russ’ shot making and turnovers but no one can question his hustle. But recent games he just seemed don’t care on both ends of the floor. Maybe he’s tanking his value to stay in LA?
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Firing Pelinka or Vogel is like removing one of the healthy testicles instead of the one riddled with cancer (LeKlutch)

Vogel isn't the problem, but Pelinka definitely is. He's a terrible GM and he gets taken advantage of on every trade he makes. There's no way we should've sent Washington a 1st round pick when we were doing them a favor by taking Westbrook. We also shouldn't have let the Pelicans control our draft for 4 years when we were the only team that they could trade Anthony Davis to.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:13 am    Post subject:

Told ya. He will run LBJ and AD to ground.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 178, 179, 180 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 179 of 426
Jump to: