Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
make sure to vote for him for asg.

Did, boost his confident or make him look good for trade
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Damn probably one of the quietest night on this thread after a game...

Dunk of the year!!!
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:34 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

Dunk of the year!!!

I hope that little run in the 4th quarter when Westbrook was sitting would be enough for Vogel to consider benching WB. Brick only plays 28 minutes today, probably his lowest minutes played for this season. It's baby step. Vogel is slowly but surely phasing WB out of the rotation.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Played ok other than some miss FGs, 2 TOs, I can live with that. 28-32 minutes is ideal for this guy
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Russ tonight:

Grabbed a mop and cleaned the floor for a fan.

Dunked over Gobert, and 1.

Game clinching and 1.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Games like tonight shows us that Westbrook still has it the stats doesn’t wow you in this game but he had a bounce to his step tonight, props to him for playing with a lot of energy
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Russ has always excelled when he was a great finisher around the rim. AD being back should help him a lot.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject:

How do you miss dunks with hops like that? Also layups…
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Amazing dunk.

But just can’t help himself from making bad plays.

- After the dunk, he gets the T.
- Takes the stupid hard foul when team is in the bonus.
- That drive and foul at the end of the game was a horrible decision. He should have used some time off the clock
- He kept going under screens and giving Conley uncontested 3s
- inefficiently shot 5 for 14 for 15 pts

But we can celebrate that he played hard and had a “dunk of the year”

Lakers win. I’ll take it
jjangx27
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:04 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Amazing dunk.

- That drive and foul at the end of the game was a horrible decision. He should have used some time off the clock

Lakers win. I’ll take it

I actually disagree with this one. Jazz weren't getting back, he had a lane, why not go for it and ice it?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:15 am    Post subject:

Poster dunk on Gobert
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:20 am    Post subject:

Clutch and-1 basket
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:54 am    Post subject:

I don't know what to think anymore lol, that dunk was sick and he was energetically undercontrol
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:23 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Amazing dunk.

Lakers win. I’ll take it

I actually disagree with this one. Jazz weren't getting back, he had a lane, why not go for it and ice it?

No worries. It’s a debatable decision. It worked, so he gets a pass. But imagine if he misses the shot. Very different reaction to his “great play” today.

Westbrook is frustrating to watch. He does work hard, he does make great plays but he also has me screaming at the TV when he makes multiple mind boggling snafus a game.

I’m guessing Jazz fan is talking about why Westbrook does don’t get a flagrant foul or offensive foul on the dunk. Two viewpoints same player. And yes, I’m nitpicking because I don’t particularly like WB.

As I stated, it’s a much needed win. I’ll take it.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

WB plays less = Lakers play better.
On a contender, I can't think of a single contender that would give WB more than 25+ minutes. I can't think of a contender that would even give WB more than MLE with their cap situation.

We're supposed to be a contender with AD/Bron and their max salaries. Why we're acting differently, IDK.

The WB move, reminds a ton now to think about it like when Phil Jackson tried to get Rose with Melo (still an all-star) and young Porzingis (Budding all-star at that point on the rise). It never worked. The triangle was blamed, I think, but the reasons were far deeper than the triangle. Rose never fit with Melo, and KP.

This WB move, reminds me a lot of that. The difference is that Lebron/AD are a lot better than what NY had with Melo/Porzingis. Question is will we realize this now, in a month, in 6 months or a year? The sooner we realize this, the sooner we will be better for it.

Can't move him? Ok. Limit his minutes to 20-25. Yesterday he played 27. The team was better with this version of WB. You can say "you're saving his legs". Some BS excuse for the media.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Dunk of the year!!!

I hope that little run in the 4th quarter when Westbrook was sitting would be enough for Vogel to consider benching WB. Brick only plays 28 minutes today, probably his lowest minutes played for this season. It's baby step. Vogel is slowly but surely phasing WB out of the rotation.

And those 28 minutes were some good basketball with the team leading the Jazz. A really good game by Westbrook last night, a big contribution to maybe the best win of the season.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

The dunk was even nastier than when Kobe baptized Emeka Okafor:

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject:

So Vogel lowkey benched Russ in the 4th quarter, bringing him in as late as possible.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

Bonehead drive to the rim at the end which luckily ended up in an And 1 and then he celebrates like he just hit a dagger in a playoff game. That drive to the basket is a turnover 80% of the time..he should be eating clock there ..lucky it worked out.

The celebrations him and Lebron do are so cringe. 22-22 team celebrating as if this hasn’t been an awful season thus far.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Bonehead drive to the rim at the end which luckily ended up in an And 1 and then he celebrates like he just hit a dagger in a playoff game. That drive to the basket is a turnover 80% of the time..he should be eating clock there ..lucky it worked out.

The celebrations him and Lebron do are so cringe. 22-22 team celebrating as if this hasn’t been an awful season thus far.

he only follow through with the attack after he heard the whistle. i think he would dump it to Lebron streaming down the lane if he didn't. with the way we shoot FTs, quick attacking for a basket is not a bad option.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

We're not a good team. Who cares if they celebrate? You act like we're a 60 win team grossly underachieving.

That ain't it
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

What’s wrong with celebration? Life is short enjoy it and oh yeah bb is just a game, a one that we are not even playing.. just criticizing
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
WB plays less = Lakers play better.
On a contender, I can't think of a single contender that would give WB more than 25+ minutes. I can't think of a contender that would even give WB more than MLE with their cap situation.

We're supposed to be a contender with AD/Bron and their max salaries. Why we're acting differently, IDK.

The WB move, reminds a ton now to think about it like when Phil Jackson tried to get Rose with Melo (still an all-star) and young Porzingis (Budding all-star at that point on the rise). It never worked. The triangle was blamed, I think, but the reasons were far deeper than the triangle. Rose never fit with Melo, and KP.

This WB move, reminds me a lot of that. The difference is that Lebron/AD are a lot better than what NY had with Melo/Porzingis. Question is will we realize this now, in a month, in 6 months or a year? The sooner we realize this, the sooner we will be better for it.

Can't move him? Ok. Limit his minutes to 20-25. Yesterday he played 27. The team was better with this version of WB. You can say "you're saving his legs". Some BS excuse for the media.

Gives me echoes of Payton joining Kobe/Shaq.

Payton was a bit older, but it was clear he hated the triangle and was resistant to it, or having major difficulties picking it up.

Same with WB. We had a proven LBJ/AD formula. The holdup was health. But WB was always going to be an interesting fit with that group. But remember, Payton was a then-MLE signing, and they moved him the next season. WB cost a lot and his nearly 40% of the cap salary really limits our depth too.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I just want to be in on that call, yinoma. When they made that move. Everytime the WB name came up in the FA thread I always said no. Then it just happened, so whatever lets roll with it and hope for the best.

I just want to be a fly on the wall to hear how Kurt/Rob justified it when they could have had and were going to have a rotation of Caruso/KCP/Hield/THT at the 1-2 with some 3 guard lineups around AD/Bron.

They had a plan, they had a vision, they even had an agreement with Sacto. I would love to know why they shifted so dramatically towards a bad fit. It makes no sense to me that they would set up a trade for Hield, basically agree to the framework and then suddenly think "Oh, lets go get WB". Someone pushed them towards this ... and they foolishly went along with it.

It's not just Caruso. Everyone talks Caruso. Reaves makes up for a lot of what we lost in Caruso. The dude we miss the most is KCP. KCP was our 3rd guy in the offense in the NBA title run and our best perimeter defender. We would have him defend all sorts of positions. You did not just lose Caruso due to the added salary of WB's deal, you lost that "Fisher" 3rd option starter as well.

But the Lakers seem happy with their decision and are thinking of instead blaming it on coaches. They'll wake up and smell the coffee and some point.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I love how people still dont get why bron wanted russ.

Go look at
KD, Harden, beal, PG stats playing next to him.

now add that AD and Russ are really tight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 185 of 426
Jump to: