AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

the training staff may or not be trash, but how exactly are they supposed to "heal" players once they are injured? this isn't star trek TNG, that technology does not exist.

i tore my shoulder labrum a few years ago. sorry, there's no surgery or physical therapy that makes the pain go away except for time.

now is there some magical PT that PREVENTS this sorta stuff? well, i'm sure the training stuff has the players do that anyway.

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

Will be reevaluated in 2 weeks. We’ve seen that one before.

What are trying to say? Seen it before with who?

it started with Karl Malone back in 2004, every single season we have these kind of nagging injuries started out with no big deal and then turned into season long issue. Laker training/medical staff are trash, you get what you pay for i guess.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
the training staff may or not be trash, but how exactly are they supposed to "heal" players once they are injured? this isn't star trek TNG, that technology does not exist.

i tore my shoulder labrum a few years ago. sorry, there's no surgery or physical therapy that makes the pain go away except for time.

now is there some magical PT that PREVENTS this sorta stuff? well, i'm sure the training stuff has the players do that anyway.

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

it started with Karl Malone back in 2004, every single season we have these kind of nagging injuries started out with no big deal and then turned into season long issue. Laker training/medical staff are trash, you get what you pay for i guess.

i think at some point, accountability has to be owned up. in this case, it's the Buss family, they're being cheap, and this has been well documented they like to save $$$ on coaching staff (that's why we got Vogel instead of Lue or Williams) and medical/training staff. this is like a company not doing well as it supposed to, excuses and unforeseen circumstances aren't gonna cut it in the board meeting.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

i think at some point, accountability has to be owned up. in this case, it's the Buss family, they're being cheap, and this has been well documented they like to save $$$ on coaching staff (that's why we got Vogel instead of Lue or Williams) and medical/training staff. this is like a company not doing well as it supposed to, excuses and unforeseen circumstances aren't gonna cut it in the board meeting.

so not wanting to pay lue, who was trash without Bron is cheap? Monty? he didn't have an amazing track record either.

training staff? have you seen the lakers facility? Its dope, and in regards to personel how do you know whos good and who isn't? Rob is certainly connected and I have a hard time believing they go cheap there. Look at championship coach vogels staff. Its pretty good.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:34 am    Post subject:

We've been firing trainers for years now. You can't blame the "training staff" for all those injuries, it's not the same staff.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

Who was that celebrity trainer the Lakers had a few years ago? Lol
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Gunnar Peterson. He's legit for sure.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
We've been firing trainers for years now. You can't blame the "training staff" for all those injuries, it's not the same staff.

I blame the chef
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
manlisten wrote:

Gunnar Peterson. He's legit for sure.

Yeah, not sure why people would laugh at him? He's one of the most respected trainers in the country and is not just a "celebrity" trainer.. He works with athletes and celebs because they probably pay insane amounts of money due to his great reputation.

Pete Sampras literally thanked him for extending his career and helping him win the 2002 US Open.. I've also seen The Rock and Stallone say he's one of the greatest trainers they've encountered. I also remember Tom Brady and Russell Wilson being two of his clients when reading his interview about coming to the Lakers which I actually really understood and felt good about his vision.

I don't know what the Lakers issues are but I doubt Gunnar was ever a reason.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

Last season with Lebron. He was reevaluated every 2 weeks for the duration of his injury.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:33 am    Post subject:

Just wait when Austin Reeves comes back, we'll be championship caliber defense again 🤭
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

Defensive RAPTOR scores has it where the kid is tied with Joel and better than Giannis (no trollo)…

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEd0eEhXoAEaAEJ?format=jpg&name=large

The next great whyte hype is for real. Austin3:15…he made a bereaver out of me!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

^
Not that I want to hype the kid, but in the 9 games he played more than 15 min, the team went 6-3. The other game he played his first NBA game and only 12 min.

For Vogel's system these kinds of players are a must. Very high IQ on offense as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:22 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Not that I want to hype the kid, but in the 9 games he played more than 15 min, the team went 6-3. The other game he played his first NBA game and only 12 min.

For Vogel's system these kinds of players are a must. Very high IQ on offense as well.

This is one where if you watch both side of the floor, the eye test holds up with the data. He's a glue guy and is disruptive on D. That's only going to improve as he builds strength and gets more reps in the schemes.

Just need that Wichita State shooting to return (45% in a combined two years and 182 attempts there).
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

This is one where if you watch both side of the floor, the eye test holds up with the data. He's a glue guy and is disruptive on D. That's only going to improve as he builds strength and gets more reps in the schemes.

Just need that Wichita State shooting to return (45% in a combined two years and 182 attempts there).

he played lead guard for Oklahoma after transfer, and took far less open 3s. you can tell his shooting stroke is real.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

Last season with Lebron. He was reevaluated every 2 weeks for the duration of his injury.

Considering how many injuries the Lakers get every season for the past 5 years (besides the title season where players got an extensive amount of rest), Do you think it is as simple as the medical staff; being cheap as SGV-Laker fan put it, which could be plausible? or is it some thing else?

Anyone could answer this as well.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

AC noticing Reaves too…

Quote:
What have you seen from Austin Reaves, another undrafted guy who has carved out a role with the Lakers?

AC: I’ve seen a little bit! It’s apparent now – I didn’t realize this when I was on the Lakers – but social media shows all of the Lakers highlights. [Laughs] I didn’t think that was true until I got another team. But he appears to be one of those good glue guys that winning teams need. I think he’s a lot farther along than I was during my first year in the league. I think we have the same mindset of getting better and working hard. Hopefully, he can stick around.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/alex-caruso-los-angeles-lakers-chicago-bulls-lonzo-ball-austin-reaves/

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
AC noticing Reaves too…

Quote:
What have you seen from Austin Reaves, another undrafted guy who has carved out a role with the Lakers?

AC: I’ve seen a little bit! It’s apparent now – I didn’t realize this when I was on the Lakers – but social media shows all of the Lakers highlights. [Laughs] I didn’t think that was true until I got another team. But he appears to be one of those good glue guys that winning teams need. I think he’s a lot farther along than I was during my first year in the league. I think we have the same mindset of getting better and working hard. Hopefully, he can stick around.

https://hoopshype.com/lists/alex-caruso-los-angeles-lakers-chicago-bulls-lonzo-ball-austin-reaves/

'I think he's a lot farther along...'

such humbleness, sigh, can't believe we didn't resign him
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
AC noticing Reaves too…

Quote:

Me neither.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
governator wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
AC noticing Reaves too…

Quote:

Me neither.

Same here man. But Reaves getting healthy and continuing to scrap for everything would help a lot in filling that hole.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

Considering how many injuries the Lakers get every season for the past 5 years (besides the title season where players got an extensive amount of rest), Do you think it is as simple as the medical staff; being cheap as SGV-Laker fan put it, which could be plausible? or is it some thing else?

Anyone could answer this as well.

It's beyond my comprehension why an organization that employs multimillionaires would go the cheap route to take care of said employees. In other words, it makes no sense to be cheap. Unless I hear a noted player come out directly and accuse the organization of being cheap while taking care of its players, why believe a poster who doesn't even really know what's going on?

That said, I put so little credence in the opinions of people who don't know a da_n thing about what's happening not only in the medical room, but in the body of the player being treated.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:55 am    Post subject:

Reaves getting up shots after the game where Vogel did not play him a single minute

https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/1464489174224949250
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Reaves getting up shots after the game where Vogel did not play him a single minute

https://twitter.com/LakersSBN/status/1464489174224949250

Vogel doesn't want to win. I would have easily gave him Wayne Ellingtons minutes. It's almost like he's getting punished for getting hurt.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

Short sample but Lakers are a +11.4 per 100 possessions with Austin Reaves. He had a rough 1st game back, but yesterday so many little plays he made that I loved. Felt we missed this kid's defensive motor a lot. Do we need to play Bradley when Reaves is available?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Short sample but Lakers are a +11.4 per 100 possessions with Austin Reaves. He had a rough 1st game back, but yesterday so many little plays he made that I loved. Felt we missed this kid's defensive motor a lot. Do we need to play Bradley when Reaves is available?

That box-out of Holmes exemplifies who this kid is as a basketball player - such a gutsy no-nonsense non-glamorous play. He's most definitely an AC-like find.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

That box-out of Holmes exemplifies who this kid is as a basketball player - such a gutsy no-nonsense non-glamorous play. He's most definitely an AC-like find.

Most definitely. It's exactly what this team's been missing. Effort, action, making the right play, even if it doesn't show on the scoreboard.

We had several guys like that before (Green, Morris, Caruso, KCP). Specially for Vogel's defensive schemes, we really need this kind of stuff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 15 of 177
Jump to: