I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
8Five8Seven wrote:
when Lebron won his titles, it was with ball dominant guards (Wade, Irving, Rondo). Whether Westbrook delivers as a new member of the team remains to be seen. My immediate reaction was, the Lakers now have three guys that can give you 20+ points a game when healthy. I know that's a hypothetical statement since we have yet to see this new squad play together. But at least having him as a third option creates more worries for the opposing team and puts less pressure on AD and Lebron to carry the team for an entire season plus playoffs.

this is complete distortion of the facts...
Wade+Lebron worked because they were both so freaking good (still in their primes) and their team was just so loaded with talent compared to the rest of the league. If we had absolute prime Westbrook and prime Lebron sure we can make this work but neither are near their prime.
Lebron and Kyrie worked because their games matched each other well. Kyrie is actually a very good 3pt shooter so he provides spacing when the ball is not in his hands.
Rondo and Lebron didnt work well at all... that was one of the worst on court combos for Lebron.

Lebron and Wade Miami team would not be able to win the championship in this era, it was in a different era where spacing inside the paint was still pretty packed for every team, and people didn’t realize jacking up 3s can solve that issue.

I think the Heat would have been fine in this era. You would see Bosh taking a lot more 3-point shots, which he was hitting at 37% at the end of his career. You're talking about a team that shot 40% on 3-pointers their second ring year.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

I’d rather have a hometown hero superstar than a second tier beta. Russ is an absolute adrenaline shot when energy is low. He is an alpha that is never scared of playoff moments, and he is exactly the kind of player to add leadership when the chips are down. Bring home banner 18 and make a your California dream a reality, Russ.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
Westbrook's fit with LeBron and AD is bad. I won't argue that.
Westbrook's talent is top 10 in the NBA even at 32. You can't argue with that.

Depending on how the rest of the roster develops, Westbrook's fit could be fine. As long as we don't try to change our identity to force Westbrook's fit, we will be fine. Westbrook is like KD as far as I'm concerned. We can fit him into what we do instead of changing who we are.

What is your specific beef with Westbrook? Don't forget that LeBron and AD aren't perfect either. Any criticism of them likely applies to one or both of them also.

I can think of at least 20 players better than Westbrook.

I want that list of players.

lol easy off the top of my head...
Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:46 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I’d rather have a hometown hero superstar than a second tier beta. Russ is an absolute adrenaline shot when energy is low. He is an alpha that is never scared of playoff moments, and he is exactly the kind of player to add leadership when the chips are down. Bring home banner 18 and make a your California dream a reality, Russ.

This.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

I'm just trying to clear my mind as much as I can of the years and years of Westbrook hate I've held against this guy, so I can be objective. How ball dominant is he going to be? I'll watch how he scores, how the ball moves and the offense flows, also give him some time to acclimate to LBJ and AD. I also want to see what level of effort he puts into defense and how well he rotates and plays team defense within Vogel's schemes. Also chemistry. How does he relate to others on the sidelines? Does he lift other players up? Does he lead?

No expectations at all. I just want to see how this works. That's how I'll cope with having WB on this team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

GameCock-MD wrote:

Westbrook is a polarizing player.

In various rankings and polls, I generally see Westbrook placed as between the 20th and 35th best player in the NBA. It's been a couple of years since I've heard people generally talk about him as a top 10 player.

If you go by all-NBA voting, he is the 7th best guard in the NBA.

If you go by MVP voting, he hasn't received a significant amount of votes since 2017-18, when he placed 5th.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

So we needed a guy to take the load off bron - check

a guy who makes bigs better - check

How is he a bad fit? We don’t need 3 balls from him we have that.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Depending on how the rest of the roster develops, Westbrook's fit could be fine. As long as we don't try to change our identity to force Westbrook's fit, we will be fine. Westbrook is like KD as far as I'm concerned. We can fit him into what we do instead of changing who we are.

What is your specific beef with Westbrook? Don't forget that LeBron and AD aren't perfect either. Any criticism of them likely applies to one or both of them also.

steph
kyrie
chris paul
lillard
giannis
pg
bron
harden
KD
AD
butler
jrue
tatum
embiid
jokic
zion
trae
kawhi
sga
mitchell

arguably: Booker, Murray, Beal, Vucevic, Simmons, Lavine
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
How is he a bad fit? We don’t need 3 balls from him we have that.

The fit issue is pretty obvious.

On paper, you'd rather team Lebron and AD with a point guard who wasn't so ball-dominant, shot 3s better, and focused more on defense.

We do have some rotation guys who are solid 3-point shooters. However, Lebron, AD and Westbrook will take the bulk of our shots -- it would be better to have some of our Big Three be able to hit consistently from downtown.

Given the choice, I'd rather have Kyle Lowry than Westbrook.

But that's all moot at this point. No roster is ideal. Westbrook brings energy and star power, and hopefully it will work out.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

3baller wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

steph
kyrie
chris paul
lillard
giannis
pg
bron
harden
KD
AD
butler
jrue
tatum
embiid
jokic
zion
trae
kawhi
sga
mitchell

That list is ridiculous. Jrue? Lavine? SGA? Get outta here man. You guys sound like those jokers that used to twist themselves in knots trying to argue that Kobe wasn't the best player in the league when he was far and away better than everyone else.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook replaces Schroder. Both can't shoot, but at least Westbrook can make plays.

Healthy AD and last year's Lakers probably win with Schroder.

Healthy AD and this year's Lakers probably win with Westbrook.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject:

MikeTrout wrote:
Westbrook replaces Schroder. Both can't shoot, but at least Westbrook can make plays.

Healthy AD and last year's Lakers probably win with Schroder.

Healthy AD and this year's Lakers probably win with Westbrook.

I dont think saying both of them cant shoot is arguing in good faith. Schroder is an average/slightly below average shooter, Westbrook has been the worst volume shooter in the league for years, i think I read if you take his volume into account he is the worst shooter in NBA history.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

You lost any credibility you had with that post.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Car54 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

List looks good to me. There are even more players that could be argued like Middleton, Ingram, Randle, Beal, SGA, Jrue, Brogdan, etc..
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Ksig wrote:
Car54 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

List looks good to me. There are even more players that could be argued like Middleton, Ingram, Randle, Beal, SGA, Jrue, Brogdan, etc..

Yea you don’t know (bleep) about basketball that’s clear. Lol at PG Paul George best season came playing side kick to Russ. Randle? Julius Randle? Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ? Smh the man is a MVP in this league has lead the league in points has lead the league in Assist and has dragged multiple teams into the playoffs. Not only that Kobe recognized him. You don’t know (bleep). Russ raises the level of his teammates.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:39 pm    Post subject: !

audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

wha?!
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Car54 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Car54 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

Yea you don’t know (bleep) about basketball that’s clear. Lol at PG Paul George best season came playing side kick to Russ. Randle? Julius Randle? Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ? Smh the man is a MVP in this league has lead the league in points has lead the league in Assist and has dragged multiple teams into the playoffs. Not only that Kobe recognized him. You don’t know (bleep)

Right.. how bout you debate without throwing insults? Shouldnt be too hard if you think so passionately about Russ. PG13 took the CLips to the WCF even after Kawhi went down, his playoff #s were actually pretty insane this year. Julius Randle was an allstar and is a 40% 3pt shooter now; he flamed out in his first playoffs but still is relatively young and improving.

Russ was MVP a lifetime ago and has had an all star better than him every season of his career besides his one MVP year. If you think Russ is better than Luka then I honestly don't know what I can say. You might want to rethink that one.

Russ puts up rebounds and assists, but theres more to basketball than two numbers. Hes not a good scorer because he has the worst volume efficiency numbers in the nba and his defense ranges from bad to average

Last edited by Ksig on Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Ksig wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Car54 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

Yea you don’t know (bleep) about basketball that’s clear. Lol at PG Paul George best season came playing side kick to Russ. Randle? Julius Randle? Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ? Smh the man is a MVP in this league has lead the league in points has lead the league in Assist and has dragged multiple teams into the playoffs. Not only that Kobe recognized him. You don’t know (bleep)

Right.. how bout you debate without throwing insults? Shouldnt be too hard if you think so passionately about Russ. PG13 took the CLips to the WCF even after Kawhi went down, his playoff #s were actually pretty insane this year. Julius Randle was an allstar and is a 40% 3pt shooter now; he flamed out in his first playoffs but still is relatively young and improving.

Russ was MVP a lifetime ago and has had an all star that better than him every season of his career besides his one MVP year. If you think Russ is better than Luka then I honestly don't know what I can say. You might want to rethink that one.

What you call an insult I call facts. I’m not even reading pass your first sentence because I know the rest of the post is nonsense lol. Randle? lol Randle? LOL
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Dominator wrote:
3baller wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

steph
kyrie
chris paul
lillard
giannis
pg
bron
harden
KD
AD
butler
jrue
tatum
embiid
jokic
zion
trae
kawhi
sga
mitchell

That list is ridiculous. Jrue? Lavine? SGA? Get outta here man. You guys sound like those jokers that used to twist themselves in knots trying to argue that Kobe wasn't the best player in the league when he was far and away better than everyone else.

Nice loophole you found there. And you guys sound like those idiots who still think 31% 3pt%, 48% eFG and 50% TS is sexy like it's 1996 and that his tRiPLE dOuBleZ are organic when even Skip Bayless and MVP voters have already seen through the stat padding.

If I could trade Russ for Jrue Lavine or SGA right now, I'll do it in a heartbeat. Russ may be better than Jrue in the regular season but I'll take Jrue over Russ when it counts in the post season.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Car54 wrote:

What you call an insult I call facts. I’m not even reading pass your first sentence because I know the rest of the post is nonsense lol. Randle? lol Randle? LOL

Facts . Where are they? Cause you've provided 0 so far.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

3baller wrote:
Dominator wrote:
3baller wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

steph
kyrie
chris paul
lillard
giannis
pg
bron
harden
KD
AD
butler
jrue
tatum
embiid
jokic
zion
trae
kawhi
sga
mitchell

Nice loophole you found there. And you guys sound like those idiots who still think 31% 3pt%, 48% eFG and 50% TS is sexy like it's 1996 and that his tRiPLE dOuBleZ are organic when even Skip Bayless and MVP voters have already seen through the stat padding.

If I could trade Russ for Jrue Lavine or SGA right now, I'll do it in a heartbeat. Russ may be better than Jrue in the regular season but I'll take Jrue over Russ when it counts in the post season.

I would for sure take Lavine over him. Jrue provides defense and is at the very least a 3rd option for a chamionship team so I would as well. SGA is debatable, but at this point I would take him just for his shooting %.

Also Lavine and Jrue were playing for team USA . Where was Russ if hes so much better?
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: I think a lot of people are just trying to COPE with the Westbrook situation

Car54 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
Car54 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
3baller wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Lebron
AD
Durant
Giannis
Kawhi
PG13
Luka
Ja Morant
Zion
Embiid
Tatum
Lillard
Booker
CP3
Butler
Jokic
Kyrie
Harden
Steph
Klay
Jamal Murray
Trey
Gortat
DMitch

Lol 33% from 3pt Luka is better than Russ?

Lol this statement alone should put your credibility down to zero and then some
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook should be used a lot like Rondo in the sense one is QB1 and the other is QB2 both having different method to attack a defense

I would take Westbrook out of the game at 6 min mark and bring him back carrying the 2nd unit.

Stagger him and Bron the rest of the half
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Westbrook should be used a lot like Rondo in the sense one is QB1 and the other is QB2 both having different method to attack a defense

I would take Westbrook out of the game at 6 min mark and bring him back carrying the 2nd unit.

Stagger him and Bron the rest of the half

Wolf you’re making sense in a post that clearly isn’t about making sense. This post isnt about facts or thinking clearly lol. Because Julius Randle and Gortat is better than Russ lol there’s 20 plus players better than Russell matter fact Jru who couldn’t lead Zion and Ingram to the playoffs is better than Russ lol. Paul George who scored 6 points ion an elimination game is also better than Russ. Klay Thompson is better than Russ. Everyone’s better than Russ (according to some in this thread.) but yea that should be the plan. They did that in Miami Russ was 35 or 36% on catch and shoot 3s
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Westbrook as a top guy is an all star. Not sure if that means top 10 or 20 or whatever but he’s an all star and former MVP. Cant hide that he averaged 22-11-11 last year and led Wiz to the playoffs .

But that’s as a top 2 guy, here he will be part of a big 3 and likely be the third guy. The best thing Westbrook can do is adopt the mindset he needs to continue to lead, and create, but moreso when Bron sits. When Bron has the ball, Westbrook needs to cut and move off the ball. Russell should be wiling to live with 30 minute a game average (12 minutes without Bron, 18 minutes with). Sacrifice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: