DWIGHT HOWARD Officially Back Part III Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Michael Cooper is a finalist for the basketball hall of fame. If he can get in his jersey will be hanging from the rafters.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Michael Cooper is a finalist for the basketball hall of fame. If he can get in his jersey will be hanging from the rafters.

Yep. First bench player to win DPOY. 8X All-D despite not being a starter.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Fisher's jersey would far more deserve to be retired before Dwight's. Orlando is the place Dwight's jersey should be retired. Now had Dwight never abandoned us in 2013 and stayed till 2021 and was on the cusp of winning 2 Championships, then yeah he'd be in the conversation.

If role players were considered then Fisher and Horry would get their jersey retired before Dwight.

I don’t see it happening though…at least not with the Lakers. Stars jerseys are retired, not guys who just execute in their role.

Yep, BUT, in that scenario (winning another trophy) he would be closer in stature to those two if he had not left in the first place.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
32 wrote:

Yep. First bench player to win DPOY. 8X All-D despite not being a starter.

1987 WCF G3

1988 WSF G5
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Who is the biggest athletic freak in their prime: AD, Westbrook, or Dwight?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I love the question. Completely healthy, and pure athleticism, I go with Dwight, then Russ, AD is a great player, but Dwight could play tight end in football, and Russ would be a wide receiver/db kind of player.

Can't see AD being able to do any of that. Too wiry.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I love the question. Completely healthy, and pure athleticism, I go with Dwight, then Russ, AD is a great player, but Dwight could play tight end in football, and Russ would be a wide receiver/db kind of player.

I am sure he is asking basketball wise and not football wise
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I think AD is more elite instincts and long, than pure athleticism.

What about between Bron, Russ and Dwight?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Bron by far.. Someone that big in both weight and height should absolutely not be able to move like him. Bron is at that all time freak athlete level with Shaq imo. i'd throw probably Wilt in here as well and i'm not sure anyone else in NBA history should be in the convo unless i'm blanking on someone else?

Russ and Dwight both absolutely had elite level athleticism as well but there's been a decent amount of players you can compare them too.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I agree 100%. Those were my instant reaction picks also. I couldn't explain why but yeah, Dwight - Russ - AD, in that order for sure.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:23 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Bron by far.. Someone that big in both weight and height should absolutely not be able to move like him. Bron is at that all time freak athlete level with Shaq imo. i'd throw probably Wilt in here as well and i'm not sure anyone else in NBA history should be in the convo unless i'm blanking on someone else?

Russ and Dwight both absolutely had elite level athleticism as well but there's been a decent amount of players you can compare them too.

In the 07-08 and 08-09 seasons, I actually thought Dwight was nearly as good as LeBron and would end up having a similar career. But that was actually Dwight’s peak.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:37 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Got to agree. His size, pure athleticism and also his body control is/was off the charts. Just look at him canceling his dunk halfway lol.. Zion was touted to be the next Lebron but he actually reminds me more of a shorter Shaq.

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I am sure he is asking basketball wise and not football wise

I'm free to use other examples...si?

Why don't you focus on responding to the question of the op, rather than critiquing someone else' answer? It's more constructive.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

I agree 100%. Those were my instant reaction picks also. I couldn't explain why but yeah, Dwight - Russ - AD, in that order for sure.

And then they insert LeBron into the equation...lol. Now, with LeBron in the equation, we simply put him No.1, and the order we had before
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Got to agree. His size, pure athleticism and also his body control is/was off the charts. Just look at him canceling his dunk halfway lol.. Zion was touted to be the next Lebron but he actually reminds me more of a shorter Shaq.

Yep. LeBron is truly one of those generational athletes, and I've seen a few from as far back as the 70's.

Zion, a shorter Shaq, yep, exactly! He's a tank and a tight end in basketball shorts.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Yep. LeBron is truly one of those generational athletes, and I've seen a few from as far back as the 70's.

Zion, a shorter Shaq, yep, exactly! He's a tank and a tight end in basketball shorts.

What about between LeBron, Shaq, and Wilt?

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

What about between LeBron, Shaq, and Wilt?

We're going to have fun with these comps huh? Lets do it! So, I didn't see Wilt in his prime. I saw him on the tailend of his career with us when we won it it 72'. Hence, my sig.

The three comparisons for me would be Kareem, Shaq & Lebron. Kareem for me, is the most skilled big man ever. 7'2, graceful, wiry strong, excellent athlete, could play in any era and dominate.

Shaq, of course, sheer force, but as athletic as anyone at that size...ever.

LeBron, man, body by God, and athleticism to match. My choice?

On pure athleticism alone? Shaq!
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:33 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

There isn’t a single player I can compare athletically to Russell Westbrook, Rose is the closest, but he was at least a tier behind from an athletic perspective.
VanderBlue'sJersey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

There isn’t a single player I can compare athletically to Russell Westbrook, Rose is the closest, but he was at least a tier behind from an athletic perspective

I'd actually say Nate Robinson is right up there with these guys. Imagine him at 6'3
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

There isn’t a single player I can compare athletically to Russell Westbrook, Rose is the closest, but he was at least a tier behind from an athletic perspective.

D-rose was one of my fav players, not to mention he also won an MVP. Right now, perhaps Ja Morant is quite a good comp especially if he packs on some muscle. Still waiting for him to actually complete some of his poster dunks though lol
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

VanderBlue'sJersey wrote:
al242 wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

There isn’t a single player I can compare athletically to Russell Westbrook, Rose is the closest, but he was at least a tier behind from an athletic perspective

I'd actually say Nate Robinson is right up there with these guys. Imagine him at 6'3

Nate Robinson at 6'3" would be Jordan-esque.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

All last season I was trashing Rob for letting Dwight go. Glad to see he corrected that horrid mistake. Great job, Rob. Glad to see you back, Dwight!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I don’t want to get ahead of myself but if Dwight wins another championship with the Lakers he should get his jersey retired.

I was going to write a longer response to this, but life is to short.

Simply:

No.

It shouldn't happen, and it will never happen.

Next.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-dwight-howard-looking-forward-to-playing-with-greats-on-roster/2021/08/27/

Quote:
Howard is a sure-fire first-ballot Hall-of-Famer once he decides to hang up his sneakers for good and he is excited to get to play next to some of the game’s greatest.

“It will be crazy,” Howard said. “It’s something that’s really hard to fathom, just imagine seeing all of us on the floor at the same time. Not on the All-Star team, not on the Olympic team, not for a charity game, but for an actual season, all of us will be together. So I think that’s gonna be great. All our guys are hungry, we want to win, we want to stay in the best shape as possible, so I think it’s gonna be an awesome time this year just having everybody on the floor practicing, going hard, understanding that it’s only one mission and that’s to win the championship.”

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
VanderBlue'sJersey wrote:
al242 wrote:
hype wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Nate Robinson at 6'3" would be Jordan-esque.

And just wait until you see him at 6’9.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17
Jump to: