Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36601

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject: Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season

Here’s mine:

Dwight Howard ends up averaging a double double or gets close to that average

Carmelo ends up being the best 3pt shooter on the team

Russell Westbrook ends up being in conversation for MVP

Lakers come out of the gates with a 20-2 record
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 2193

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

The Los Angeles Lakers will be the 2022 NBA champions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Mar 2016
Posts: 610

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject: Re: Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here’s mine:

Dwight Howard ends up averaging a double double or gets close to that average

Carmelo ends up being the best 3pt shooter on the team

R̶u̶s̶s̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶W̶e̶s̶t̶b̶r̶o̶o̶k̶ AD ends up being i̶n̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶r̶s̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ MVP

Lakers come out of the gates with a 20-2 record
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 19592
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

#18

AD for DPOY and MVP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 5300

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

1st team all NBA

Giannis . AD . Jokic . Westbrook . Steph

2nd team all NBA

LeBron . KD . Embiid . Dame . Harden

WCF

Lakers over Suns

ECF

Bucks over Knicks

Finals

Lakers over Bucks
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀
I can't wait for Lakers 360° (AD, LBJ, RW)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 5191

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

We'll either be a contender or a complete disaster, no in between.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 5660

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Really high hopes for this team...It's my favorite Laker team since the Lakers finals against the 76ers, when Horace Grant started at PF. Three greats in AD, Bron and Russ...Imagine Russ on a break with Bron on the wing...Geez...Melo is still a good enough shooter to play the Ray Allen role like he did for the Heat, to a lesser extent....Ariza can play good enough D to make an impact for 12-15 minutes. Dwight still athletic enough to block shots be a defensive presence and catch a number of lobs. And the athleticism that Nunn, Baze, THT and Monk bring...I'm super excited for this group and like many on this thread I think they win it all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Reds622
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 22 May 2015
Posts: 605

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject:

Adding Westbrook to this team is going to make the Lakers a juggernaughf.

I think they win the title.

I think it’s also a possibility that Lebron starts to look his age. Still a top 5 player in the league… but you begin to see a little bit more of decline in athleticism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139094
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

It’s Lebron’s decline in health that worries. He was pretty much an iron man but has been hurt 2 of 3 seasons here (and the 3rd season lasted 8 games). I’m not convinced that playing less minutes results in healthier seasons but some games off would be nice. Though I respect his view that sitting when healthy cheats the fans. I would like to see 72-75 games from him and Westbrook and at least 65 from AD.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 22263
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

Lebron will be infected by Covid-19, the youth variant. This mutation allows him to play another 20 yrs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 39153

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

Carmelo becomes defensive player this year
_________________
“God knew they couldn’t be on this Earth without each other. He had to bring them home to heaven together.”

— Vanessa Bryant
https://youtu.be/SX3IZULkWx8


Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17946

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

AD jumps back into the top 5 level.

Lebron starts playing more off ball.

Russ wins 5 games just him and no AD/Lebron

Role guys:
Imo Nunn thrives.

Monk has a tremendous opportunity, but he will need to show Kuz like improvement on defense

Overall:
Top 4 seed
Don’t know about playoffs as a lot changes between start of season and then…to be revisited…
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26864
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

Chip. And AD breaks some efficiency/advanced stat records with LBJ or WB setting him up constantly
_________________
"Anybody have that same fire, that same passion that you have for the game?"

Kobe: "Westbrook plays mean. He plays mean like I did."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 2044

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
The Los Angeles Lakers will be the 2022 NBA champions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 1507

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Other fans will complain that the Lakers fleeced the Wiz when Westbrook actually plays well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7731

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

I think they accidently win 74 games and go undefeated in post season.

if i had to pick a lock for either of those its going undefeated in postseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Posts: 5011

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Skip Bayless will spend the whole season saying how the Clippers will be better than the Lakers and how the Laker's are a disaster and won't win anything with Westbrook, only to end up saying how "lucky" LeBron got when then they win the chip.

Oh wait, you said BOLD prediction! He pretty much does that now. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 2494

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers are gonna steamroll the League, with a ferocity and determination that will frighten opponents!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32460

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here’s mine:

Dwight Howard ends up averaging a double double or gets close to that average

Carmelo ends up being the best 3pt shooter on the team

Russell Westbrook ends up being in conversation for MVP

Lakers come out of the gates with a 20-2 record


1. The last time Dwight averaged a double-double was in 2017-18 when he was playing 30 minutes a game. There are a lot of guys on this team who will be competing for minutes, shots and rebounds. I expect closer to 7-7 from him, similar to what he's done the best two years.

2. I could see Carmelo being anywhere from 1-5 among our three-point shooting. We have a bunch of guys who are up and down year to year. I'll be happy if he shoots 38%.

3. Hard to imagine Westbrook being a genuine MVP contender on a team with Lebron, but we shall see.

4. We started last season 21-6 and the season before 24-3. If Lebron and AD are healthy, this team will probably come out of the shoot fast again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36601

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here’s mine:

Dwight Howard ends up averaging a double double or gets close to that average

Carmelo ends up being the best 3pt shooter on the team

Russell Westbrook ends up being in conversation for MVP

Lakers come out of the gates with a 20-2 record


1. The last time Dwight averaged a double-double was in 2017-18 when he was playing 30 minutes a game. There are a lot of guys on this team who will be competing for minutes, shots and rebounds. I expect closer to 7-7 from him, similar to what he's done the best two years.

2. I could see Carmelo being anywhere from 1-5 among our three-point shooting. We have a bunch of guys who are up and down year to year. I'll be happy if he shoots 38%.

3. Hard to imagine Westbrook being a genuine MVP contender on a team with Lebron, but we shall see.

4. We started last season 21-6 and the season before 24-3. If Lebron and AD are healthy, this team will probably come out of the shoot fast again.


I disagree with your take on #1, Howard will have a lot of opportunities to get minutes at the C spot especially with Gasol’s role unclear and AD not always willing to play the C spot, there is a lot of uncertainty with the C position and that gives Howard the chance to eat in that role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7731

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here’s mine:

Dwight Howard ends up averaging a double double or gets close to that average

Carmelo ends up being the best 3pt shooter on the team

Russell Westbrook ends up being in conversation for MVP

Lakers come out of the gates with a 20-2 record


1. The last time Dwight averaged a double-double was in 2017-18 when he was playing 30 minutes a game. There are a lot of guys on this team who will be competing for minutes, shots and rebounds. I expect closer to 7-7 from him, similar to what he's done the best two years.

2. I could see Carmelo being anywhere from 1-5 among our three-point shooting. We have a bunch of guys who are up and down year to year. I'll be happy if he shoots 38%.

3. Hard to imagine Westbrook being a genuine MVP contender on a team with Lebron, but we shall see.

4. We started last season 21-6 and the season before 24-3. If Lebron and AD are healthy, this team will probably come out of the shoot fast again.


I disagree with your take on #1, Howard will have a lot of opportunities to get minutes at the C spot especially with Gasol’s role unclear and AD not always willing to play the C spot, there is a lot of uncertainty with the C position and that gives Howard the chance to eat in that role.

i think having 3 balls (thats what she said) will be advantageous to DH numbers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36601

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bold Lakers predictions for 2021-2022 Season

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Here’s mine:

Dwight Howard ends up averaging a double double or gets close to that average

Carmelo ends up being the best 3pt shooter on the team

Russell Westbrook ends up being in conversation for MVP

Lakers come out of the gates with a 20-2 record


1. The last time Dwight averaged a double-double was in 2017-18 when he was playing 30 minutes a game. There are a lot of guys on this team who will be competing for minutes, shots and rebounds. I expect closer to 7-7 from him, similar to what he's done the best two years.

2. I could see Carmelo being anywhere from 1-5 among our three-point shooting. We have a bunch of guys who are up and down year to year. I'll be happy if he shoots 38%.

3. Hard to imagine Westbrook being a genuine MVP contender on a team with Lebron, but we shall see.

4. We started last season 21-6 and the season before 24-3. If Lebron and AD are healthy, this team will probably come out of the shoot fast again.


I disagree with your take on #1, Howard will have a lot of opportunities to get minutes at the C spot especially with Gasol’s role unclear and AD not always willing to play the C spot, there is a lot of uncertainty with the C position and that gives Howard the chance to eat in that role.

i think having 3 balls (thats what she said) will be advantageous to DH numbers.


If Westbrook can make Gafford into a semi All star just imagine what he will do with a legit big man in Howard...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Feb 2016
Posts: 1707
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I predict that one of Lebron/AD/Russ will get 1 out of every 5 games off during the regular season in order to limit minutes and keep everyone fresh and healthy.

And by “I predict” I mean “I hope”.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 15173

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
The Lakers are gonna steamroll the League, with a ferocity and determination that will frighten opponents!


. . . and win the Championship again.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 5140

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

We only lose 5 games in the regular season. We go undefeated in the playoffs and win the NBA championship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB