Guess who got outscored by 10 players last night
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Guess who got outscored by 10 players last night

Even carlos Arroyo outscored Odom. For god's sake are going to keep with a second option that can't score ? I remember jack giving him a standing ovation when he reached double digits 2 games back.

He's our leading rebounder just cuz our big guys just can't even rebound well ( remember Erick Dampier being the NBA's leading offensive rebouder cuz he had noone else in that GS team ? ).

Lamar is not notthe solution to our issues as a 2nd option. Mitch has to do sum in order to get this team to an elite level, and paying 11.5 to a ROLE PLAYER is not the none.

I know am gon get kiled by shoes and wolf but that's is my opinion.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject:

Rebounds by Laker front court starters:

Brian Cook 2
Chris Mihm 1
Lamar Odom 12

Rebounds by Orlando front court starters:

Dwight Howard 9
Grant Hill 4
Tony Battie 3

Orlando outshot us in terms of FG%. You figure out how we won.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject:

Well, a little of it had to do with forcing turnovers for points (defense) but you've got it, angrypuppy! Wow, even when we win, people have to find a way to hate on Lamar. Intangibles, people, intangibles.

Would it be better if he scored more? Sure. Do we need more help? of course. Can we all agree on the above without hating on someone that stuffs the stat sheet night in and night out?

We've gone over this and over this. Yes we need another scorer on this team, no Lamar isn't that guy. That doesn't mean we don't need him on this team.

What we need to do is keep this core together, and improve it. Blowing this team up year after year is a mistake, because the learning curve for the triangle takes so long to master. We need to continue to develop team chemistry and add pieces to improve the core of players we already have.

That is all.

Now can we stop starting a new thread on this same subject after every game, whether we win or lose, whether Lamar plays well or not? It's getting really old... :roll:
RedSnapper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Duh...

... five Lakers took more shots than Lamar last night; six scored more points.

How are you reaching the conclusion that the Lakers are continuing to try to make Lamar their "second option" (scoring, I assume.)

It seems to me that when the team runs the offense correctly, whoever is the best fit for "second option" will just naturally score the second-most points.

In the mean time, this team's three or four biggest problems do not include Odom's scoring average.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

Lamar didn't need to score big last night...we had *balanced* scoring. isn't that what we want? for everyone to be in a rhythm and for kobe to be able to take over if necessary?

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject:

^
Some very good responses.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:

If we had lost the game everyone of you would say that Lamar sucks cuz of his lack of offensive game. We beat Orlando, big deal.

lamar needs to learn how 2 score in order to contend to a playoff spot and he does not have no heart to step up.
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:08 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
If we had lost the game everyone of you would say that Lamar sucks cuz of his lack of offensive game.

Good point...:roll: the fact that we won the game makes that argument of yours completely pointless. Win or lose you say Lamar sucks so either way you're going to have a biased argument.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

PushingtheLimit wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
If we had lost the game everyone of you would say that Lamar sucks cuz of his lack of offensive game.

Good point...:roll: the fact that we won the game makes that argument of yours completely pointless. Win or lose you say Lamar sucks so either way you're going to have a biased argument.

Win or lose Lamar lovers will have some excuse to Lamar's suckyness

The guy get paid 100.5 for god's sake, he is not worth that money and never will
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Re: Guess who got outscored by 10 players last night

40ptmachine wrote:
He's our leading rebounder just cuz our big guys just can't even rebound well ( remember Erick Dampier being the NBA's leading offensive rebouder cuz he had noone else in that GS team ? ).

Apparently you don't know a damn thing about rebounding. Anybody who watches the guy knows that he actually has an above average ability to know where the ball is going and he actually goes after it. Unlike some players out there that just get the balls that go to them and then only because they're bigger than everybody else.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The guy get paid 100.5 for god's sake, he is not worth that money and never will

huh?

100.5?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject:

Turmovers are not taking into account for shooting percentage, that's why stats sometimes are misleading.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

[quote="40ptmachine"]If we had lost the game everyone of you would say that Lamar sucks cuz of his lack of offensive game. We beat Orlando, big deal.

lamar needs to learn how 2 score in order to contend to a playoff spot and he does not have no heart to step up.[/quote

if we had lost the game...I wouldn't have blamed his lack of offensive game. I would've looked to the free throw line!!! or uncontested layups (not just on lamar's part) that didn't go in because he wasn't aggressive enough.

it's not that lamar needs to learn how to score...he needs to learn how to be aggressive to TAKE the open shot, not to always look for the extra pass b/c he's more than capable of making.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

The thing is Wolf, I agree with you about Odom's value.

I still want to see him go, though. BUT...

Odom has to go in some kind of scenario for TWO players (possibly involving Mihm). One, a second scorer. And two, a rebounder. A third player, preferably a pass-first PG, can be added via MLE to make up the assists.

Anyone who thinks the Lakers problems will be solved by simply by exchanging Odom for a scorer... well, I feel they are mistaken.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject:

lamarbage
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

I still have hope for Odum, I think he can be a big part to this team. The problems I see for this team is there defense, it's been like that even when Phil was in his last year the first time. Rotation is slow and looks like there is not enough communication on that end.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject:

TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

Odom has to go in some kind of scenario for TWO players (possibly involving Mihm). One, a second scorer. And two, a rebounder. A third player, preferably a pass-first PG, can be added via MLE to make up the assists.

Anyone who thinks the Lakers problems will be solved by simply by exchanging Odom for a scorer... well, I feel they are mistaken.

Agreed.

But if they can't land a superstar, my take is that they should use Mihm or another player to get a more consistent scorer in the post/mid-range. Then use the MLE on a PG regardless of having Odom or not. They need to upgrade the talent there desperately ...
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

Agreed.

But if they can't land a superstar, my take is that they should use Mihm or another player to get a more consistent scorer in the post/mid-range. Then use the MLE on a PG regardless of having Odom or not. They need to upgrade the talent there desperately ...

Right on. Word.

Hopefully we can land someone like Mo Williams with the MLE year after next (I think that's his walk year).

Rashard Lewis for Odom alone just wouldn't help this team enough.

But combine that with a healthy Boozer (if such a thing actually exists), and you're looking at a team. Add the right PG with MLE, and you have a SQUAD.

Odom can get us a prolific scorer, but the team only gets help if a parallel move is made to replace the boards.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Guess who got outscored by 10 players last night

[quote="vkewalra"]
40ptmachine wrote:
Well, Phil Jackson thinks differently. He said Lamar not only had a knack for rebounding, he's the best rebounder on the team. And the other key thins is that he can push the ball upcourt on the rebound. He appreciates that ability in Lamar, and no, rebounding is not an easy job. It takes energy, effort, desire, and instinct. It's a thankless job, but somebody's got to do it. I for one appreciate Lamar's effort in that area.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

We scored as a team, and Lamar's rebounding was one of the difference makers for the "W"
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

That had to be the best 8 point game I've ever seen. Too bad you didn't enjoy it as well.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
If we had lost the game everyone of you would say that Lamar sucks cuz of his lack of offensive game. We beat Orlando, big deal.

lamar needs to learn how 2 score in order to contend to a playoff spot and he does not have no heart to step up.
Wrong. Not every one is as short sighted as some of the haters around here.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

Agreed.

Right on. Word.

Hopefully we can land someone like Mo Williams with the MLE year after next (I think that's his walk year).

But combine that with a healthy Boozer (if such a thing actually exists), and you're looking at a team. Add the right PG with MLE, and you have a SQUAD.

Odom can get us a prolific scorer, but the team only gets help if a parallel move is made to replace the boards.

sounds good in theory, but then you are back to square one teaching the triangle all season, trying to develop team chemistry, waiting for the team to gel. For the third straight season. I may be wrong, but I don't think phil wants to go down that road. Both he and kobe have said they are one to two pieces away. To me that means the core of this team + 1-2 additional pieces. I don't think you'll see Lamar traded unless it's for someone like Jermaine O'Neal or KG.
Mjr. Pwnage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
TG711 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
^

Agreed.

Right on. Word.

sounds good in theory, but then you are back to square one teaching the triangle all season, trying to develop team chemistry, waiting for the team to gel. For the third straight season. I may be wrong, but I don't think phil wants to go down that road. Both he and kobe have said they are one to two pieces away. To me that means the core of this team + 1-2 additional pieces. I don't think you'll see Lamar traded unless it's for someone like Jermaine O'Neal or KG.

I'd rather have quality at each position than, say, Trade Odom for KG then have to re-sign Devean to play the 3.

Kobe
Rashard
Boozer (once again, if he proves healthy)

is preferable to

Kobe
KG
Gump

IMO
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

huh?

100.5?

11.5 sorry
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: