Lakers post LBJ
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Lakers post LBJ

Well, I’m sure most of the knowledge fan is already thinking of how do we win without LBJ in lineup or the future! Last season was sign, however this season is the reality that LBJ is not the spring chicken, MVP, top 5 player anymore!

I believe LBJ has to take it down a notch or two to get through the season healthy. Stop with the extra circular activity during dead ball whistle like dunks, flair, blocking shots anything that may cause these type of injuries. Most of all his teammates & LBJ need to relax on putting him in difficult positions such as stretching for alley oop dunks that are off target, you know the little things he’s so use to doing but high mileage doesn’t permit him to do without consequences! We take him for granted but he has to know his limits nowadays! In other words Frank, teammates & most of all LBJ needs to keep himself of his old self.

It’s way to early in season to keep up his once athletic self to sacrifice the season for one play.. I think his teammates, Frank & most of all himself needs to realize if you want him healthy in May the team & Frank better step up & ease the load they’re putting on Lebron. After all isn’t that why they got Westbrook!

Yeah, it’s one year at a time, but it’s only 9 games in & I was & still am excited to see guys like Monk, Nunn & THT with AD & Russ & a healthy LBJ. I really hope we can retain one of the two Monk or Nunn, hopefully before LBJ hangs it up we get another Chip & can replace him with a younger all star who wants to win a ring, play with AD & LA is appealing to them.
HC: Riley
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject:

I want to develop Malik Monk into Jamal Murray and emulate the system in Denver where we can feature Anthony Davis like they do Nikola Jokic.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I want to develop Malik Monk into Jamal Murray and emulate the system in Denver where we can feature Anthony Davis like they do Nikola Jokic.

Yeah, wasn’t Monk a lottery pick? He has already shown improvement & I don’t think he’s a Michael Carter Williams, so his ceiling is still high. Hopefully he gets regular minutes upon return of Nunn & THT…
HC: Riley
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Malik Monk into Jamal Murray? good luck with that...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Malik Monk into Jamal Murray? good luck with that...

Yeah, i'd be ecstatic if he could be a somewhat consistent role player and not look lost consistently with his team defense. I'd also love to see THT become Bron as well but both of these things are obviously not happening.

Also, while AD might be the superior 2 way player he is nowhere remotely close to the perimeter shooter and especially playmaker Jokic is. Polar opposite players imo.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

I was hoping we could land Giannis, but im afraid the ship has sailed. Steph same story. Durant anyone?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Yeah, wasn’t Monk a lottery pick? He has already shown improvement & I don’t think he’s a Michael Carter Williams, so his ceiling is still high. Hopefully he gets regular minutes upon return of Nunn & THT…

Monk has scored a total of 3 points over the last 4 games. At this point, he's more likely to fall out of the rotation all together than to become a big part of the future.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

a little more time this season and we wont need him to win during reg season. AD/Russ/Melo all play really well together. Its about figuring out the other pieces.

reaves
Avery
are 2 guys that are showing competence with Russ led team. I think THT will too. he's a bit wild and will certainly add a dimension we need.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

Post = pre = lotto

Scary part is if Lebron retired early and we became a lotto team within the next 4 yrs, we might be conveying lotto picks to the Pels.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Only Monk is not Murray and AD is not Jokic. The small details.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:45 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Is this a serious post?!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:02 pm    Post subject:

None of our guys have shown they are must-keep for the post Lebron era.
Even AD looks shaky at time as a franchise cornerstone. 2025 would be seem to be an ideal reset. They can milk Lebron's time and keep the cap sheet clean after 2025 and will have a better idea with AD at that point. The free agent class is already looking very good:

Tatum
Mitchell
Murray
Anunoby
Ingram
Lonzo
Caruso

Some of these guys have 2024 opt-outs but with the cap expected to blow up in 2025, I don't expect them to opt-out or sign more than a 1+1. I wouldn't surprised also if a lot of 2024 free agents take 1+1 deals:

KAT
Booker
Jaylen

In an ideal setup, you can sign up to 3 of these players.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:02 pm    Post subject:

The first question to ask is when will the Lakers be post Lebron?
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Except he'll be traded in some kind of package deal before he develops into anything. I heard that Rob guy is 200-500 steps ahead of everyone. Remember, he's planned the exact scenario where Monk doesn't pan out.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Except he'll be traded in some kind of package deal before he develops into anything. I heard that Rob guy is 200-500 steps ahead of everyone. Remember, he's planned the exact scenario where Monk doesn't pan out.

Monk is close to 24 and he's in his 5th year in the league. He's done nothing special in all that time, and he showed nothing special in his time with us so far. He signed with us for the NBA minimum. I don't understand why some people think he's a hot prospect who will be part of our future.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

We will probably suck for a while, then attract superstars and win another title.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:19 am    Post subject:

THT-Reaves All-Star backcourt with Nunn, Monk, Sekou serious contributors and veteran star AC coming back home

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

If we don't get to the NBA Finals, and if Lebron misses multiple games due to injuries, for the 3rd straight season, then this should be Lebron's last year as a Laker.
Leif
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:12 am    Post subject:

Going back to begging the LaMarcus Aldridges of the world to sign with us.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

The team last year had a decent young core to build around AD with. No secondary star but the other pieces were young. Now we turned the roster over with a bunch of old dudes, so the future might be rough.

How many more draft picks do we still owe out? We will need to make some moves.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
If we don't get to the NBA Finals, and if Lebron misses multiple games due to injuries, for the 3rd straight season, then this should be Lebron's last year as a Laker.

Why would he retire? Because the Lakers are not trading him.

The narrative has always been he will play until he passes Cap as career points leader and play with his son. Neither is happening in just a season.

He has a sweet gig. He gets to essentially run the team, constantly talk about load management and how best to preserve his longevity but rarely gets any of the criticisms for his role when things go wrong.

Plus he gets to bring in a $40 m a year paycheck and has the freedom to pursue all the extracurricular activities in LA he chooses.

James is not going anywhere.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:38 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
troy wrote:

Why would he retire? Because the Lakers are not trading him.

The narrative has always been he will play until he passes Cap as career points leader and play with his son. Neither is happening in just a season.

He has a sweet gig. He gets to essentially run the team, constantly talk about load management and how best to preserve his longevity but rarely gets any of the criticisms for his role when things go wrong.

Plus he gets to bring in a $40 m a year paycheck and has the freedom to pursue all the extracurricular activities in LA he chooses.

James is not going anywhere.

In what world is Lebron not heavily criticized for literally everything he does?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

Leif wrote:
Going back to begging the LaMarcus Aldridges of the world to sign with us.

This is the part people forget.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Based on what this FO has shown so far, they will have a plan, years in advance. You may not like the plan, but there will be a plan. Heck, a good portion don't like that the Lakers had Lebron, and wanted him dealt for Ben Simmons in 2019. A good portion, also didn't want AD for all we gave up to the Pels (who have been lotto 2 straight seasons, and are 1-9 right now I think).

Odds are we will have a plan to get another star to replace Bron. However the odds are very high that a large portion of the fans will hate the move.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Based on what this FO has shown so far, they will have a plan, years in advance.

There are times when I really wonder about you. Based on what this FO has shown so far, they will have a plan, minutes in advance. Okay, maybe not minutes in advance, but for sure within a few hours after the fact. Seriously. They've just churned the roster every year and have run down lots of rabbit trails.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: