Dodgers 2022 thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 432, 433, 434  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

I think we are doing the Bauer situation exactly on script again. Mets bid up and seem the favorite and Dodgers (if they so choose) swoop in and steal at the last minute. Its been a while since the Mets were considered favorites. My best guess is Scherzer is giving Dodgers a chance to match or come close to stay. In other words: He doesnt really want to go and following Trevor Bauer's script
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Snipes wrote:
Mets probably going to land Max with an absurd 40mill per yer deal over 3-4 years. I wouldn’t mind missing out on him..that’s way 2 much money.

Feels like Bauer pt2 with the Mets feeling like it’s done. Maybe we swoop in late.

40mil per will make 20mil per look like lowballing Max... Mets are just insane. They are trying to buy a championship, which is a mistake IMO

Last year, they overpaid for Lindor..they are about to overpay again.

Last time the Mets tried this strategy was in 1993 with Bobby Bonilla and Eddie Murray. They literally finished with the worst record in the National League at 59-103
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
If Sherzer is chasing a ring then why is it a shoo in he signs with dodgers? Dodgers offense is at a crossroad, need to get rid of some dead weight and get some new blood in, while retain Seager and CT3. Not sure dodgers will be a WS favorite heading into next season.

I wouldn’t say that his only chance to win a ring is with the Dodgers, but the Mets? They always find a way to lose. They’re the Clippers of NY baseball. If he legitimately feels that signing there gives him a better chance to win another championship than with the Dodgers or a handful of other places, he’s delusional.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
After a weekend of swirling rumors, Max Scherzer and the Mets are closing in on an agreement for a multiyear deal, a source told MLB.com’s Jon Paul Morosi on Sunday. At least one iteration of the contract discussed was worth $120 million over three years, per Morosi, which would be a record average annual value for a Major League player.

Our rotation's going to be one of the weakest it's been in awhile:

1) Buehler
2) Urias
3) ???
4) Price
5) Heaney
6) Gonsolin
7) Mitch White
8) Andre Jackson
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:32 am    Post subject:

If Max is no longer on the table who are they going to chase with their big money this offseason?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Report: Max Scherzer, Mets Nearing Multiyear Contract; NYM's Offer Features $42M AAV

Wow, $42M a year

The Mets really do overpay. First it was Lindor.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Lamar's Bud wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
If Sherzer is chasing a ring then why is it a shoo in he signs with dodgers? Dodgers offense is at a crossroad, need to get rid of some dead weight and get some new blood in, while retain Seager and CT3. Not sure dodgers will be a WS favorite heading into next season.

I wouldn’t say that his only chance to win a ring is with the Dodgers, but the Mets? They always find a way to lose. They’re the Clippers of NY baseball. If he legitimately feels that signing there gives him a better chance to win another championship than with the Dodgers or a handful of other places, he’s delusional.

$42 million is just way too much money to turn down. (bleep) the Mets.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
I don't want to see Kershaw pitching in anything but Dodger blue. I really hope that last rumor isn't true.

why? sentimental attachment? just like the Lakers missed out on landing a star during Kobe's final years because we gave him that retirement gift contract that took up all of the cap space? Kersh's accomplishment as a Dodger is mix bag, people can point out the Astros cheated him out of the 2017 WS, sure, but what about those painful postseason losses against Cardinals, Mets, and Nationals which Kersh was our Ace of staff. don't confuse longevity with greatness. now i'm putting my flame suit on.

Kershaw pitched well against the Mets, even beating them 3-1 in an elimination game. The problem in that series was the lack of offense (just ask Greinke). I wish Kershaw pitched as well against the Cardinals as he did against the Mets.

The 2017 cheating changed A LOT. Kershaw has his best postseason ever without that cheating IMO. Did you know his record was 3-0 that postseason? Would have been 4-0 if the Astros didn’t cheat him in game 5. He dominated them in games 1 and 7. Also, Kershaw had a really strong postseason in 2020 when he finally won.

I think Kershaw’s legacy looks a lot different with 2 rings and strong postseason performances in both of those years. Hard to say that sounds like a choker.

And we obviously overworked Kershaw much of the time in the postseason. We just saw how much that affected Urias and Scherzer.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Max Scherzer and the New York Mets have agreed to a three-year, $130 million contract, according to a person with knowledge of the agreement. The contract includes a player opt-out clause after two years. The person requested anonymity because the deal hasn't been announced.

The deal shatters the record for average annual value (AAV) set by the crosstown New York Yankees and Gerrit Cole ($36 million). Under his new deal, Scherzer will make more than $43 million per year.

Wow

$43.33M a year

Scherzer and deGrom, wow
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Max Scherzer and the New York Mets have agreed to a three-year, $130 million contract, according to a person with knowledge of the agreement. The contract includes a player opt-out clause after two years. The person requested anonymity because the deal hasn't been announced.

The deal shatters the record for average annual value (AAV) set by the crosstown New York Yankees and Gerrit Cole ($36 million). Under his new deal, Scherzer will make more than $43 million per year.

Wow

$43.33M a year

Scherzer and deGrom, wow

SMH. Mets are gonna Met. Good for Max on the money, but I am expecting this to result in yet another Mets failure.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

I expect Dodgers to overpay to keep Kershaw now.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

They would be a dumb move. I’d rather they overpaid for someone in their prime than the 90mph Kershaw

Last edited by SGV-Laker fan on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They would be a dumb move. I’d rather they overpaid for someone in their prime than the 90mpg Kershaw

I think they are bringing up Bobby Miller this year.

Quote:
The Dodgers entered the offseason facing the prospect of potentially losing Clayton Kershaw and Max Scherzer, among others, in free agency. That factor coupled with the uncertainty surrounding Trevor Bauer’s future has L.A. facing need in starting pitchers.

“We’ve got a really good group of young starting pitchers coming,” Dodgers president of baseball operations Andrew Friedman said. “With Mitch White, Andre Jackson, we saw some of this year. Bobby Miller, Ryan Pepiot, Landon Knack will all be in the upper levels or Major League when we start the year.

“It really gives us a strong foundation and depth, so now rounding the rotation will definitely be something we’re focused on as we get into the winter.”
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

'member when there were too many quality SP's on the Dodger's roster that they didn't know what to do with them? I 'member.

I really hope they don't overpay to keep Kersh. Love the guy, but he is not who we used to be and they better not pay him like he is either.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Plunkett
@billplunkettocr

Talking to @alannarizzo on MLB Network #Dodgers Max Muncy just referred to suffering a "torn UCL" in his left elbow and not recovering as quickly as he would like. First time he's acknowledged that. Previously called it dislocated elbow with "other damage"

Quote:
Andrew Vargha
@andrew_vargha

So why couldn't the Dodgers say at the time that Muncy tore his UCL? What did all that secrecy get them?

Quote:
Dodgers Free Agency: Corey Seager Expected to Choose a Team Today

Quote:
Joel Sherman
@Joelsherman1

Teams left GM Meetings earlier this month believing Scott Boras would sign his 3 big FAs b4 potential lockout. Semien has done so with #Rangers. Scherzer getting close. Belief also is that Seager will sign by tomorrow. And the #Rangers might pair him with Semien. It’s in play.

Quote:
Mike DiGiovanna
@MikeDiGiovanna

#Dodgers experiencing tough-to-swallow flip side of great trade-deadline deal. They acquired Scherzer because of Trevor Bauer's suspension. Now they have no Max, no Bauer, and no RHP Josiah Gray and C Keibert Ruiz, their top two prospects. Only have one more year of Trea Turner.

Last edited by LongBeachPoly on Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Sigh - and here we are with deadweight Bauer's money still on the books. I'm guessing we're stuck with it (and with him not playing) unless there's an outright conviction?
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

No Muncy has a torn UCL? Can this week start off any worse?
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Keep seeing that the Rangers are making a big push and are the favs to land Seager now. Gotta make me think this is 37.5-40mill per year for 8-10years as well for it to be framed this way. Basically what I’m seeing is the Dodgers were willing to pay Seager but there’s a limit when a team like Texas comes in throwing absurd money at him.

This is free agency. I felt like what we paid Bauer and what we did with him last year was great and not an overpayment at all. What we offered Bryce was solid too. You can pay high dollars but there’s always a limit. $43mill for Max is insane and the Mets are really stupid. And if the Rangers want to give Seager $400million I don’t see Friedman matching.

We need to get some arms asap because as others mentioned our rotation is hella weak.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They would be a dumb move. I’d rather they overpaid for someone in their prime than the 90mph Kershaw

Like who? You see what the prime guys are getting? 200mill+. Rather overpay Kersh 10-15mill than someone 50-100mill.

Big difference.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Report: Max Scherzer, Mets Nearing Multiyear Contract; NYM's Offer Features $42M AAV

Wow, $42M a year

The Mets really do overpay. First it was Lindor.

Its a no brainer if Mets were going to give him all that money. Not many players nearing their 40's can get that much money. If I were the Mets I would be concerned about his health considering how fast the end comes.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Seager to the Rangers.

per Jeff Passan

Kiss my Converse.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

10 year deal, $325 million deal.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

We be (bleep).
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Guess 2022 will be a worse down year than many fans had anticipated. Feels like a firesale except the front office isn't trying to break apart the team.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I'm ok with losing Seager. Misses too many games and I think the 2020 playoff run was more an anomaly than the norm. I definitely won't miss his glove.

Losing Scherzer does put a huge dent in our starting rotation - especially if we let Kersh walk. I do think that the FO will make sure to bring in another top of the rotation pitcher. Perhaps they'll rehash the Luis Castillo/Sony Gray deal with the Reds.

I'll tell you one thing, they better retain Chris Taylor. I personally think he's more important to the team than Seager.

Kiss my Converse.

Last edited by Hard_Butter on Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 432, 433, 434  Next
Page 3 of 434
Jump to: