WTF - Smush! Or am I overreacting?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Guys, it's not Smush's fault the Lakers didn't sign a PG in the offseason. Several on here dog on him and yet he was signed when others didn't want him, what do you expect? He is actually doing a decent, not great, job and I would hate to think where the Lakers would be without him. He isn't dogging on Kobe, he is probably just happy they finally won a game.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

does anyone else notice the cliques that have formed in the lineups? For example, Smush and Kwame seem really close on the floor - always have eye contact...smush is always trying to get Kwame in the proper place for him to score. Kobe and Sasha and Kobe and Cook. Kwame and Turiaf, Turiaf and Sasha. Its not a negative, and its probably a positive...but i was just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Maybe its just me.
kobeodom
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

smush thinks hes a stud. hes not
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe dropped a pass back to Smush on two different breakaways in the game. I guess that REALLY made Smush HAPPY!!

Smush did finish both plays very well as a matter of fact.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

[quote="PopcornMachine"]
jmac78 wrote:
Smush was quoted in the la times:
Quote:
"Everybody touched the ball, everybody got their shots, everybody was happy," Parker said. "It was fun tonight. I actually smiled while I was playing."

You are more than overreacting. You are actually reading something into it that is not even there.

He says everyone was happy. How is that not positive?

I wouldn't have made this topic, if I hadn't noticed a trend in Smush's quotes. Thing is I want Smush to succeed. Good games from him normally mean a good game for the Lakers. However, I do think he's getting a little ahead of himself, and I do believe he takes some veiled shots at Kobe. He's the only one who has been this critical.

If he doesn't get his shots or his touches, he's not happy, then he doesn't seem to want to play defense.

Sounds like many people's argument about Caron Butler last season. Touches/Scoring = Defensive tenacity.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
does anyone else notice the cliques that have formed in the lineups? For example, Smush and Kwame seem really close on the floor - always have eye contact...smush is always trying to get Kwame in the proper place for him to score. Kobe and Sasha and Kobe and Cook. Kwame and Turiaf, Turiaf and Sasha. Its not a negative, and its probably a positive...but i was just wondering if anyone else noticed.

Maybe its just me.

Kobe - Bynum
Kobe - Mihm
Lamar - Cook
Sasha - his opponent
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

you guys are totally overreacting and acting ridiculous. You guys are way more sensitive about anything Kobe than Kobe is. You care about him to a fault, so much that you actively look for something wrong or snide in anything someone says.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Kobe said: ''We did a good job at moving the basketball and executing on offence,'' he said. ''A lot of guys got open looks, and that is what happens when we run our offense. ''People touch the ball and get shots.''

Does that mean Kobe hates Smush?

Or maybe he's mad because Odom blew the Sacramento game. What do you guys think?

Do you think this is Kobe's way of calling out Shaq?

Or maybe Kobe is saying he loves the team Mitch has put together?

Do you think he's trying to rip Rudy T?

PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

the thing that bothers me the most..

HAS SMUSH MADE A SINGLE JUMPSHOT WHEN HE WAS ON THE MOVE THIS ENTIRE SEASON?

i swear, if he's not spotting up, it's a 99.999% guarantee that it's a brick.

i have not seen him make ONE jumpshot off the dribble. all on spotups.

if not... then why does he keep taking them?

he needs to drive and dish to kwame/mihm .. because he is terrible when he is on the move.
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

No you 're not overreacting. Smush thinks he is better than he is .That is the problem.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I don't think your overreacting. This isn't the first time Smush has had made off-handed criticisms about what he feels is a lack of team play.

Just a few days ago I was listening to him being interviewd on FSW before the game and he made comments about how the previous losses were due to players not playing within the offense.

Yeah, Smush isn't shy. He'll come out and say it. He isn't always right but he'll do it anyway.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I don't think your overreacting. This isn't the first time Smush has had made off-handed criticisms about what he feels is a lack of team play.

Just a few days ago I was listening to him being interviewd on FSW before the game and he made comments about how the previous losses were due to players not playing within the offense.

Yeah, Smush isn't shy. He'll come out and say it. He isn't always right but he'll do it anyway.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Smush Atkins? Chucky Parker?
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

[quote="sodapoppenski"]
PopcornMachine wrote:
jmac78 wrote:
Quote:
"Everybody touched the ball, everybody got their shots, everybody was happy," Parker said. "It was fun tonight. I actually smiled while I was playing."

You are more than overreacting. You are actually reading something into it that is not even there.

Ditto.

Completely overreacting.

Mega Dittos.

This topic is brokeback mountainous.
shane
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

[quote="NestT"]
sodapoppenski wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
jmac78 wrote:
Quote:

Ditto.

Completely overreacting.

Mega Dittos.

This topic is brokeback mountainous.

targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
El Ocho wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Smush was smiling because he went a whole game without failing to get the ball over the mid-court line in less than 8 seconds. Way to go Smush!

you have no idea how much this gets me. 8 SECONDS MAN! thats it. if you forget to count to 8 or how much time you have look at Kobe #8. how difficult is this. little 2 year old kids know how to count to 100!

It gets to me so much that I am screaming for Phil to sit the player on the bench for the rest of the game, no matter the situation or player.

I'm not alone! I even watched the Orlando game shouting at him to hustle across the line. He uses too much of the clock for such a waste of movement. Then, by the time we begin our passing we are already at a disadvantage. There isn't any pressure Smush, and there is nothing for you to think about so hurry the f up!!!
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
the thing that bothers me the most..

HAS SMUSH MADE A SINGLE JUMPSHOT WHEN HE WAS ON THE MOVE THIS ENTIRE SEASON?

i swear, if he's not spotting up, it's a 99.999% guarantee that it's a brick.

i have not seen him make ONE jumpshot off the dribble. all on spotups.

if not... then why does he keep taking them?

he needs to drive and dish to kwame/mihm .. because he is terrible when he is on the move.

I feel you, thats been bothering me since forever. He needs to just take layups or spot up threes. That's it.
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Not the kind of comments you like to hear. Smush has got to understand that one of this teams biggest problems is his inability to stay in front of his man, and give up penetration. Its the reason Phil was looking to bring in another guard before the deadline.

CLUELESS.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
jmac78 wrote:
Quote:

Sure....

"Everybody touched the ball (unlike when our team ball hogs) everybody got their shots (unlike when our team ball hogs)w, everybody was happy (Unlike when everybody is unhappy)," Parker said. "It was fun tonight. (its not usually fun playing with unhappy ball hogs) I actually smiled while I was playing (I wasn't hating playing)."

Thats how bro.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
jmac78 wrote:
Quote:

Sure....

"Everybody touched the ball (unlike when our team ball hogs) everybody got their shots (unlike when our team ball hogs)w, everybody was happy (Unlike when everybody is unhappy)," Parker said. "It was fun tonight. (its not usually fun playing with unhappy ball hogs) I actually smiled while I was playing (I wasn't hating playing)."

Thats how bro.

I understand that that's what it says if you let your hatred of a person rewrite what they said for you.

But let's assume a person is rational, and just hears what is said.

Then, how is it negative?

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
jmac78 wrote:
Quote:

Sure....

Thats how bro.

I understand that that's what it says if you let your hatred of a person rewrite what they said for you.

But let's assume a person is rational, and just hears what is said.

Then, how is it negative?

I honestly think that Smush has more of a serious almost negative type of personality to begin with, and, he should be more positive, but i'm afraid hes not a ronny type personality...

Smush's interviews are kinda short and rigid to begin with...but maybe if he wants better press and a bigger contract he should smile and be more of a positive leader for this team...
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Shapecity wrote:
Seems to be a trend with a lot of the players on the roster. If they aren't getting their shots, or their shots aren't dropping they don't play any defense.

Smush still didn't play D. Arroyo was pick'n and pop'n Smushes head off.

He played D, just the wrong way. He was anticipating the pick and roll all night long (and they did keep running it) but he wasn't always waiting for it. He was jumping behind the screener before the pick was set and Arroyo was able to take shots with Smush 4 feet away stuck behind a tree.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: