OT: Game film...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: OT: Game film...

I don't know if anyone knows anything about this, but when the Lakers, as a team, all get together the next day to watch the game tape and review the game they just played, do they have it with Joel and Stew's commentary on it - or do they have a clean tape with just the natural sound??

I'm wondering because Stew has a great basketball mind and says a lot of VERY insightful things throughout the games that really should be utilized - so I wonder if the players and coaches ever get to hear his comments in "real time" as they're reviewing the games themselves.

Just wondering.

Anyone??
unggoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

I'm not certain about the NBA, but I'd guess it's the same anywhere. That said, in football, at least what I have been a part of, there's no sound for a number of reasons. 1st off, any tape you're looking at as a team, your coach is speaking. Secondly, you might not be looking at a tape that was part of a broadcast. Then, there's an older method to watching film where you can stop and start the tape wherever you want, seeing not only a particular play, but certain parts of a play, over and over again, with a little clicker. Now, with the updated video technology, you can extract particular plays from a game, based on certain criteria. For example, all 3rd down plays with more (or less) than 6 yards to go. With all that and coaches talking, the announcer's voice would merely be a distraction.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: