CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 12/3 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject: CLIPPERS -at- LAKERS - 12/3 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings

Sleep Walking... So we are looking for “intelligent effort.” That’s part intelligence, and part effort. The Lakers struggled with providing either.

Offensively, the Lakers did just about everything I dislike in the first quarter -- a couple of attempts from three by AD, Bron settling for perimeter shots, Westbrook’s early offense three, Melo chucking with a man on him, and no paint touches with any consistency. As a result, the offense sputtered out of the gates.

In the second quarter, they sent the Clippers to the line again and again on the defensive end while struggling to execute against the zone for stretches. The Clippers shot 20 freethrows in the first half (15 in that quarter). Despite all that, the Lakers trailed just 53-50 at the half.

They came out with no intensity or sense of urgency and lost the third quarter, falling back by 8 points. In the centerless lineups to start the fourth, they struggled to switch and got chewed up getting out of position. LeBron got beat multiple times.

Malik Monk tried his best to make a game of it. He was draining threes, attacking for scores, even getting in on some stops. The Lakers trimmed the lead back to a point or two on multiple occasions, but couldn’t get over the top.

Finally, in the last minute, their defensive overplays were easily exposed. Luke Kennard hit two wide open threes in a row as the Lakers doubled and the ball moved to him for easy looks. It couldn’t get any simpler in the final minute for the Clippers.

The Lakers needed one stop and a three to tie it, and the Clippers then banked in a three over AD and that was the dagger. Weak effort by the Lakers superstars for three quarters. The team lost 119-115.

LeBron -- -- Sleepy first half with 7 points on 3-7 shooting and 3 turnovers. He really did show up until the the fourth. And even then, it was pretty one-sided impact. Defensively, some suicide gambles that resulted in a three and a dunk. In that centerless lineup in the fourth, he got beat on layups not cutting off driving lanes. Just not good D. His 23 points took 23 shots. The Stats: He scored 23 points on 9-23 shooting (2-8 from three, 3-5 from the line) to go with 11 boards, 6 assists, 2 steals, 3 turnovers and 2 fouls in 36 minutes. He was a -5.

Davis -- -- Really needed more from him early. There was none of that paint action like we had been seeing early on. In fact, he missed two threes in that first quarter. Still, he led the team with 12 points on 5-9 shooting in the first half. He had a couple of dunks playing off Russ. One he just hammered back in the dribble penetration miss (need more of that). The other, Russ hit him rolling to the hoop from the wing to throw it down. Just 7-11 from the line. Somehow, it seemed worse than that, maybe because he missed another tech FT. He might be the worst tech FT shooter in the league, which is really almost more damning for the other guys on this team (LeBron, Russ, etc.). His third quarter tonight felt pretty lazy to me. Lazy passes, weak effort. This is where we’ve been really elevating things recently. Not there tonight. Better effort in the fourth. The Stats: He scored 27 points on 10-15 shooting (0-2 from three, 7-11 from the line) to go with 10 boards (5 offensive), 4 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers and 2 fouls in 36 minutes. He was a -9.

Westbrook -- -- Quiet first half with 5 points on 2-5 shooting. He and George matched up with each other quite a bit. More of the same from Russ in the second half. Just not able to impose himself in the paint in this game. Down 1 with 1:45 left, he finally had the ball in the post, spun and was called for a hook. Really wish we could have seen a bit more of him in the post. And really wish the one touch he got there, he didn’t flub. He hit both threes he took tonight. So only 4 points outside of those. Very quiet night from Russ. The Stats: He scored 10 points on 4-8 shooting (2-2 from three) to go with 2 boards, 9 assists, 1 steal, 2 turnovers and 4 fouls in 36 minutes. He was a -6.

Horton-Tucker -- -- He had the team-low -8 in the first half as he went 0-3 from three. These are some wide open looks that you’ve got to hit. He did get to the rim and finish a few times. One of the few guys able to get dribble penetration early on. But that lack of three shooting really hurts at times. First shot of the second half… these are times where you need to set up good plays… we end up with a THT stepback three against the shotclock. Our ATOs were very sub par tonight. Clippers ATOs were strong. Monk may be taking that starting spot from him soon. The Stats: He scored 8 points on 4-9 shooting (0-4 from three) to go with 5 boards, 3 assists, 1 block, 1 turnover and 4 fouls in 28 minutes. He was a -7.

Howard -- -- He got the start, but we ran THT at the SG spot making it a really poor shooting starting lineup. You worry about foul trouble with him starting, but he just had a couple tonight. He scored a lefty jumphook on an inbounds. He had a layup off an interior feed from AD. He dunked off a LeBron double team when LBJ found him. The Stats: He scored 6 points on 3-6 shooting to go with 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal, 1 block, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 21 minutes. He was a -11.

Anthony -- -- He was a +5 in his 12 first half minutes. He hit a big three with 2:13 left to cut it to 1. We had enough offense to win this game getting 13 from him in just 6 shots and 20 from Monk off the bench. You are hopeful with a healthier lineup that he puts together these kinds of games with more consistency as the minutes come down. The Stats: He scored 13 points on 4-6 shooting (2-2 from three, 3-4 from the line) to go with 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 turnover and no fouls in 25 minutes. He was a +8.

Reaves -- -- No love for the rookie from the refs. Amazing the offensive advantage the refs give players sometimes. Reaves’ first foul he had hands up and was backing up against a defender seeking contact. The second one, George gets a clear push off into a step-back jumper and Reaves was called for the close out when George fell and there didn’t seem to be any real contact. Meanwhile, on the offensive end Reaves got rundown on a lob attempt finish with no call. He’d finally get a whistle on an And-1 layup when he got run over by Zubac. The Stats: He scored 2 points on 1-3 shooting (0-2 from three, 0-1 from the line) to go with 1 board, 1 assist and 2 fouls in 9 minutes. He was a -5.

Monk -- -- He gave the Lakers some spark in that second half. He didn’t just keep them in the game, but picked up the team’s overall energy as a result. He hit 4 threes. Too bad it wasn’t 5. He had a wide open one in transition that missed. AD was right there for a putback but it went over the backboard (basketball gods weren’t going to let us win this one with the way we played it). That was after he got a stop on George on the other end. Some nice attacks in the paint for scores or passes (cutting LeBron for one). The Clippers did try to go after him on D, getting switches, which we then instantly doubled on. He’s a lot smaller than I think we realize. George is longer, so the Lakers D panicked I think. He credited coach Lue with the adjustments to bring Kennard into space where there were no Laker defenders in our rotations. The Stats: He scored 20 points on 8-15 shooting (4-8 from three) to go with 4 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals, 1 turnover and 3 fouls on 29 minutes. He was a +0.

Ellington -- -- He and Melo were the only guys to not foul in this one, and they coincidently led the team in +/-. Wayne had the team high +15. Good close to the first half, sinking a couple of threes as the Lakers went on a 10-2 run. He hit a corner one on a swing-swing against the zone. The other was a kickout in transition. He led the team with a +7 in the half as a result. No notes for the second half. The Stats: He scored 6 points on 2-5 shooting from three to go with 1 steal and no fouls in 20 minutes. He was a +15.

Vogel -- -- Key Moment: They asked him. “There’s a few. I don’t want to get into identifying single plays because not a single play cost you the game,” he said. I kind of agree because it was such a poor game for three quarters. There were some missed shots. Russ’s offensive foul. But when it came down to it, the Clippers getting those two wide open threes in the final minute for Kennard as we doubled/scrambled. That was the knockout blows.

Key Substitution: Monk got all 20 points in the second half. Honestly felt we should have called some set plays just for him at one point because you could tell he was in the zone and not going to miss. Outside of Monk, those centerless lineups got hurt in the fourth. It felt like they should have switched more but didn’t and paid the price with frequency.

Key Stats: Foul prone D in the second quarter. The Clippers got 20 of their 24 FTAs in the first half (15 in that second quarter). Painful. Clippers got 8 more points from the line, Lakers lost by 4. How about the third quarter, which L.A. has taken some pride in recently? The Lakers gave up 34 points. No D there, either. Fourth quarter? The centerless ball was swiss cheese on D. The Lakers were predictable late in the game and the Clippers got exactly what they wanted to close the game. Another 30+ point quarter given up.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB! Frustrating loss.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DB for another great write up.

This one stung a little more than usual because that second half vs the Kings was probably their longest stint of dominant play on both ends all year, and doing it with effort. Felt like it could carry over.

It did not. That third quarter defensive effort was fairly putrid, and the beginning of the 4th had me just frustrated with the LBJ at 5 lineup getting chewed to pieces on defense. Yea, they were scoring, but could not stop the Clips.

Couple that with missed FT's and opportunities throughout the game (including back to back possessions where down 110-109 they coulda taken the lead), it's that kind of loss that if the team was, say 17-5 going into this game, and lost, we'd be saying "we let this one get away"...but with the team struggling for consistency, it just comes off as them being...mediocre. Hence, the mediocre results.

I'm really unsure if anything will change.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Davis actually puts up big numbers (27 snd 10 tonight) but they just feel so invisible/empty for some reason. Frustrating that we almost pulled it out only for back to back Luke Kennard threes and then a Morris banked-in three.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Sleep walking is a perfect way to put it, DB.

Honestly we didn't deserve to win. We played at too slow a pace, and our halfcourt offense was stagnant with not enough ball movement and player movement.

It's almost like the Lakers played not to lose, instead of playing to win.

I wonder why LeBron didn't really attack much in this game. Honestly he deserves a fair amount of the blame for this loss, especially since he's our leader.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 am    Post subject:

Sigh.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject:

Per Covid protocols, Lebron wasn't allowed to workout until cleared. Hopefully that's most of the story behind him not attacking in the centerless lineups. He was too passive even by the standards of this season.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:57 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB !!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

old man leg game from Bron, lost his man couple times and couldn't stay in front
Vogel man, I mean, gotta put shooters against zone so Russ/the non shooter can cut/backdoor
This was a bad loss
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

On November 20th, Bron says the Lakers need to play with a sense of urgency. Yet, here we are 2 weeks later and we see the same trends from Bron, himself. In fact, the best sense of urgency we have seen from the team have been with AD/WB leading, and Bron out. For example the Detroit game 2nd half. The Kings game. We see real intentions in those game to play the identity and style of basketball that this team needs.

When I see 8 three pointers from Bron and his comments of urgency, his 3 OT loss to the Kings where he shot so many 3s (2-13) and said my bad, I just wanna

LBJ is a Laker for life for what he did in the Kobe helicopter accident era and led the Lakers supremely well in the playoffs. I will always support signing the all time great. I just don't see any way where we can get better than .500-.600 ball until Bron himself decides to play high IQ attacking ball. He also needs to defend. You can't say the things Bron is, and then give this kind of effort. Why do you think Frank puts LBJ at the 5? To play attacking basketball. No one should be able to stay infront of LBJ at the 5. Instead, he even doesn't touch the paint regularly in those lineups. The defense? Again, same thing. No consistent effort.

In 2019 you had LBJ trying to kill the narrative of washed king. Kawhi's town. etc. There was a fire in Bron. He wasn't sitting outside and just shooting 3s and playing weak D.

He's playing horrendous for his standards, and everyone seems to be piling on Frank Vogel with the usual coaching agents lurking to get their man the job. I bet a lot of the talk is even coming from those agents to the media. You took away Vogel's best defenders, and he's still found ways to get guys like Monk to play D. You've got a Lebron who is complete "wake me up when it's close to the playoffs or the playoffs itself" mode and we're piling on the guy who developed Kuzma, KCP and Caruso into very good 2-way guys. Now he's trying to develop Monk, Reaves, THT into those kind of guys, but it takes time. It certainly doesn't help that Bron is giving crap effort. I am 100% with DB on this. When you see them come out and shoot jumpers (both AD and Bron here) you know right away they're mailing it in. At least I'll give AD this. He has started to get his body inside and take much better shots. He's been much more assertive inside the 3 point area. And his D is still there. I just can't grasp what Lebron is trying to accomplish. We're gonna end up being a play in team or a 6th seed if Bron doesn't dramatically change his approach ASAP.

It's sad really.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
On November 20th, Bron says the Lakers need to play with a sense of urgency. Yet, here we are 2 weeks later and we see the same trends from Bron, himself. In fact, the best sense of urgency we have seen from the team have been with AD/WB leading, and Bron out. For example the Detroit game 2nd half. The Kings game. We see real intentions in those game to play the identity and style of basketball that this team needs.

When I see 8 three pointers from Bron and his comments of urgency, his 3 OT loss to the Kings where he shot so many 3s (2-13) and said my bad, I just wanna

LBJ is a Laker for life for what he did in the Kobe helicopter accident era and led the Lakers supremely well in the playoffs. I will always support signing the all time great. I just don't see any way where we can get better than .500-.600 ball until Bron himself decides to play high IQ attacking ball. He also needs to defend. You can't say the things Bron is, and then give this kind of effort. Why do you think Frank puts LBJ at the 5? To play attacking basketball. No one should be able to stay infront of LBJ at the 5. Instead, he even doesn't touch the paint regularly in those lineups. The defense? Again, same thing. No consistent effort.

In 2019 you had LBJ trying to kill the narrative of washed king. Kawhi's town. etc. There was a fire in Bron. He wasn't sitting outside and just shooting 3s and playing weak D.

He's playing horrendous for his standards, and everyone seems to be piling on Frank Vogel with the usual coaching agents lurking to get their man the job. I bet a lot of the talk is even coming from those agents to the media. You took away Vogel's best defenders, and he's still found ways to get guys like Monk to play D. You've got a Lebron who is complete "wake me up when it's close to the playoffs or the playoffs itself" mode and we're piling on the guy who developed Kuzma, KCP and Caruso into very good 2-way guys. Now he's trying to develop Monk, Reaves, THT into those kind of guys, but it takes time. It certainly doesn't help that Bron is giving crap effort. I am 100% with DB on this. When you see them come out and shoot jumpers (both AD and Bron here) you know right away they're mailing it in. At least I'll give AD this. He has started to get his body inside and take much better shots. He's been much more assertive inside the 3 point area. And his D is still there. I just can't grasp what Lebron is trying to accomplish. We're gonna end up being a play in team or a 6th seed if Bron doesn't dramatically change his approach ASAP.

It's sad really.

Gotta disagree with the bolded part. That starting lineup is absolute garbage offensively, limiting space and forcing them to make tough shots.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject:

The team has tried many starting lineups, even with AD at the 5. The whole it's the spacing argument doesn't fly with me. If Bron is at 3, get him inside, draw a double, and if the player left open is THT - then fine. You live with THT going 0-5 from 3. You live with Bradley if he's the starter going 0-5. You can always sub in Ellington. None of those 2 guards are starting level on a contender.

What I can't agree with is this notion that the starting lineup forces our superstars to play like they're Steph Curry. Uh, no. They're being lazy.

In 2019-20, our spacing concerns were just as much. I did many T&R threads that season and remember noting how little effect McGee had. How Avery Bradley would help a ton on PGs defensively but be a nothing on O many times. It was part of the gameplan. It still is. The difference is the superstars. Bron isn't playing like one, and AD is sometimes playing like one and other times not. If we had this Lebron 2 years ago, we'd be even worse, IMO. The big question is this is a situation of Lebron simply being too old/decline, or is it a mental coasting thing. 2 years ago he was fighting to prove himself against the washed king narrative. Kawhi's city narrative. I don't feel these guys are that motivated in December. Heck, they haven't played a full NBA 82 game schedule like this in 3 seasons (Covid shortened 2019-20, and last year's schedule was also condensed to 72).

Unless Bron himself plays with urgency, you won't see the team follow. If Bron himself plays soft and shooting 3s all the time, when the post mismatches are glaringly obvious at the 3, and doesn't take 5s off the dribble. the team again will follow suit. He's seen as the leader that sets the tone. Certainly the way he's been dealing with in/out of the lineup has only compounded the issues of chemistry and flow. I still don't excuse the 3 point/jumpshot love fest from AD/Bron, this season.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

I can agree that roster construction is not perfect, but there is enough talent and experience in offense and defense to win more games than they do. I would almost guess that Vogels lineups are part of looking for that energy spark.

Lazy so far is the best word to describe the Lakers style of play.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The team has tried many starting lineups, even with AD at the 5. The whole it's the spacing argument doesn't fly with me. If Bron is at 3, get him inside, draw a double, and if the player left open is THT - then fine. You live with THT going 0-5 from 3. You live with Bradley if he's the starter going 0-5. You can always sub in Ellington. None of those 2 guards are starting level on a contender.

What I can't agree with is this notion that the starting lineup forces our superstars to play like they're Steph Curry. Uh, no. They're being lazy.

In 2019-20, our spacing concerns were just as much. I did many T&R threads that season and remember noting how little effect McGee had. How Avery Bradley would help a ton on PGs defensively but be a nothing on O many times. It was part of the gameplan. It still is. The difference is the superstars. Bron isn't playing like one, and AD is sometimes playing like one and other times not. If we had this Lebron 2 years ago, we'd be even worse, IMO. The big question is this is a situation of Lebron simply being too old/decline, or is it a mental coasting thing. 2 years ago he was fighting to prove himself against the washed king narrative. Kawhi's city narrative. I don't feel these guys are that motivated in December. Heck, they haven't played a full NBA 82 game schedule like this in 3 seasons (Covid shortened 2019-20, and last year's schedule was also condensed to 72).

I'm criticizing the point about Lebron and AD's shot selection to start the game. I've already stated that Lebron was too passive in his centerless lineup.
There's not a single lineup we played in the 2019-20 season whose spacing would grade out as badly as Russ/THT/Bron/AD/Dwight.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Another thing that hurt this game was watching how good a duo Lue and Vogel would have made. Lue had some great play calls and is the kind of coach that will let his guys know when they are half assing it. You could probably say we lost this game on ATO plays. If this was a playoff series I’d go back and watch how both teams scored out of the timeouts.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

12-12 record?

Egads.
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

As a Lakers fan since 1969 this is one of the toughest teams to watch. Other years may not have always had the talent (Nick, Ced, Elden) or the experience (D'Lo, Lonzo, BI) but they always gave effort and they tried to play the right way.

This lack of effort and play to your weakness (jump shooting) versus your strength (go into the paint) makes it very difficult to watch. Some of the just plain dumb stuff the players are doing is disgusting.

And by the way, all you posters who said the preseason doesn't mean crap can kiss my rosie red roo roo. Lack of effort, check. Lack of shooting, check. Getting out rebounded, check. Getting outscored in the paint, check. Turnovers, check. Everything that was going bad in the preseason is continuing.

End of rant.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Another thing that hurt this game was watching how good a duo Lue and Vogel would have made. Lue had some great play calls and is the kind of coach that will let his guys know when they are half assing it. You could probably say we lost this game on ATO plays. If this was a playoff series I’d go back and watch how both teams scored out of the timeouts.

Totally agree with this Chief!

What coulda been…

Quote:
Haynes: If Lue takes the job, Frank Vogel — former coach of the Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic — could join his staff as a lead assistant, sources said. ‬

And it sure does seem like we are sleep walking so far this season. It’s almost like they believe they have the proverbial “on switch” to flip. We see it in spurts when the game is still left to be decided, but I hope the veteran savvy on this team can truly do that when the calendar flips to 2022.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Totally agree with this Chief!

What coulda been…

Quote:
Haynes: If Lue takes the job, Frank Vogel — former coach of the Indiana Pacers and Orlando Magic — could join his staff as a lead assistant, sources said. ‬

And it sure does seem like we are sleep walking so far this season. It’s almost like they believe they have the proverbial “on switch” to flip. We see it in spurts when the game is still left to be decided, but I hope the veteran savvy on this team can truly do that when the calendar flips to 2022.

le sigh...

Thanks DB
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I totally don’t understand the Lue situation back in 2019, Lue wanted a year 3 extension but we offered less and now the same dilemma is being played with Vogel and the Lakers FO, if you are gonna give short term extensions to coaches you might as well should have jus gotten Lue who might have had Vogel waiting in line to join him on his staff, to much miscues by the Lakers organization from coaching and the players we could have gotten.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Unless Bron himself plays with urgency, you won't see the team follow. If Bron himself plays soft and shooting 3s all the time, when the post mismatches are glaringly obvious at the 3, and doesn't take 5s off the dribble. the team again will follow suit. He's seen as the leader that sets the tone. Certainly the way he's been dealing with in/out of the lineup has only compounded the issues of chemistry and flow. I still don't excuse the 3 point/jumpshot love fest from AD/Bron, this season.

Some solid points Wolf...I'd go one step further and say post injury LBJ for this season [post abdomen strain] really, really fits that category, or at least how the team has played.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Some solid points Wolf...I'd go one step further and say post injury LBJ for this season [post abdomen strain] really, really fits that category, or at least how the team has played.
Great points made on both posts

Before LBJ was with the Lakers, there was the "Regular Season Lebon" and "Playoff Lebron."

With our "Big Three" seemingly not playng with urgency and focus (like the Nets who are having problems beating teams whose records are above .500), why would the others play harder than LBJ/AD/Westbrook who are coasting mentally - as what DB has stated

Given the Clippers' record and losing against teams like Sacramento - tonight, would Lue have the Lakers with a better record in this season? Vogel made the decision to have the identity of this team based on D, which is getting better. With LBJ/AD/Westbrook/Melo/THT/Monk, one could reason that the offense will get better.

Would Lue have gotten on LBJ sooner than Vogel, there probably wouldn't have been much difference on when both coaches would have lit into the team since it starts with LBJ who is battling injuries - even now. AD is producing numbers but it doesn't seem to be impactful numbers. Westbrook is improving as he becomes more familar with the offensive schemes and where the other shooters want the ball.

One can have outrageously great offensive plays that will be ineffective when the player with the ball doesn't do anything except dribble in one spot

Note: It is hard to blame when Vogel when Lebron just pounds the ball just to take a long fadeaway 3 with no weakside movement from Westbrook/AD/others. Maybe Vogel will give Rondo more PT since he will at least tell the other plays to move or give Reeves/THT/Monk more PT because they bring energy
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: