That should do it
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: That should do it

We've tried to polish this turd, but it aint getting any better. This is a bad coach, a collection of stiffs and rejects along with a GM (PhilChak,) and an owner (JimjerBuss) that don't seem to be able to grasp reality until Jeannie is sitting at the lottery table with a pet rock.

It is unconscionable and unfathomable that the Los Angeles Lakers would take the court with such a horrific collection of talent. It is also criminal that the Buss' were taken with Phil and his Zen (bleep), enough to invest 10 million a year on the guy. This is a long line of bad draft picks, bad trades and no trades. I can only imagine what Kobe must be thinking at night. I came back for this? Now imagine Kobe on the Clippers.... :roll:
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Buss hired Phil for damage control
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject:

^its not the talent that is in question my friend but the effort. And that is why it hurts so bad.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: That should do it

OdomX2 wrote:
We've tried to polish this turd, but it aint getting any better. This is a bad coach, a collection of stiffs and rejects along with a GM (PhilChak,) and an owner (JimjerBuss) that don't seem to be able to grasp reality until Jeannie is sitting at the lottery table with a pet rock.

It is unconscionable and unfathomable that the Los Angeles Lakers would take the court with such a horrific collection of talent. It is also criminal that the Buss' were taken with Phil and his Zen (bleep), enough to invest 10 million a year on the guy. This is a long line of bad draft picks, bad trades and no trades. I can only imagine what Kobe must be thinking at night. I came back for this? Now imagine Kobe on the Clippers.... :roll:

I wonder what kupcake is thinking. He is being ridicule for his inacton.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
^its not the talent that is in question my friend but the effort. And that is why it hurts so bad.

I see plenty of effort. Certainly as much as most teams in the NBA. You can't make a diamond out of a booger.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Listen everyone. This isn't a good collection of players. There is lack of confidence, lack of enthusiasm, lack of team chemistry, lack of energy. I can go on and on. Phil is doing the best he can with what is being given him. But, dumb trades have totally made this team suck even worse than last year. Sure we have a playoff spot but that's cause the west is weaker than it used to be. Top elite teams in west are still there and the mid to elite teams ala Lakers are getting worse. We barely have teams above .500 and in past years that would have meant no playoffs. The east is slowly starting to be better than the west. Don't believe me. Look at their standings. Top 1-8 playoff teams in east all are above .500.

I am pretty sure that we'll be below .500 soon. And I am a big Laker fan. But let's look at the schedule. No way we win against detroit and san antonio. Golden State also gives us a hard time. And Detroit is in back to back games. Instant loss for us. Since Pistons are better and we lose back to back games. Sacramento is slowly starting to creep up on us. And there is no consistency in this team. Blowout one team and then lose the next night. Let's face it. We lose a couple more games and Sacramento goes on a 6 win streak. We are basically out of the playoffs. Philly isn't that good a team yet they win more games and make sure to win the winnable games. Things have unravelled since the Atlanta game.

We play with no passion or heart and I hope that they start thinking of starting Bynum and Turiaf soon. They play with heart. I like Mihm I think he gets bad calls from the refs. But, the refs have been dogging us all season. Look it up if you don't believe me. Every game there is a bad call against us. Almost every team lately has been getting free throws early in the game and shooting a lot of freethrows. I hope they can turn it around.

People think this is an easy schedule the rest of the way but with this team and their lack of consistency and passion. Any game can be a loss.
puajibai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

teams like philly win the games they should win and lose the games they should lose because they understand who they are and play that way. the 76ers know theyre not championship material so they play to their strength which is AI scoring the other guys helping out. PJ has this collection of stiffs surrounding the best player on earth trying to share the ball and have everyone score 15 pts each in an equal opportunity offense. Why dont they just realize that the key to winning games right now is Kobe on offense and everyone else concentrating on D. Im sick of Kobe playing the wait and see game in the first period to see which laker team will show up. SET KOBE FREE!
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
OshadowO wrote:

I see plenty of effort. Certainly as much as most teams in the NBA. You can't make a diamond out of a booger.

RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

KB8LJ23 wrote:

People think this is an easy schedule the rest of the way but with this team and their lack of consistency and passion. Any game can be a loss.

What we should realize is we are at the same level with every team we consider as being part of that easy schedule - they have the same chance of beating us as we them, hence not an easy schedule but a competitive schedule.

You can basically kiss away the games with the better teams.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
OshadowO wrote:

Our problem is defense. Defense doesn't take much talent, mostly effort.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but even winnable games Sacramento, Atlanta, Portlant are not wins. We cannot beat teams that we are supposed to beat. Sure every team has those discrepencies. But, we have it more than any other team out there.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I just hate loosing the games that we just SHOULD NOT LOOSE.

like Boston and Portland.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

this is a good team. Mitch Kupchak and the rest of the org did a good job...Portland, Atlanta, Charlotte, Indy (without their main guys) and Boston just got lucky...We are contenders. Wooohooo!!!
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject:

this is a good team. Mitch Kupchak and the rest of the org did a good job...Portland, Atlanta, Charlotte, Indy (without their main guys) and Boston just got lucky...We are contenders. Wooohooo!!!
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:

Exactly, if the team collapse again like last year, don't think the high priced season ticket holders are going to sit idly by without giving Buss some flak. If I'm Mitch I should look more to rent, not buy. The more I watch Kwame the more I think Mitch should get the ax. This team has gotten worst in terms of talent since last year. The only reason we might end up with a better record than last year is because Kobe and Lamar have been pretty healthy this year.
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Before tonight's game I was still optimistic about our playoff chances, but after this loss I know this team is done. Season Over!
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

LA4Life wrote:
Before tonight's game I was still optimistic about our playoff chances, but after this loss I know this team is done. Season Over!

Ditto! it won't be long until we have Draft/Lottery threads soon.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I blame Fat Shaq for this debacle.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:

at least some else gets it, its too fool the average joe's who and celebs , into keeping their season tickets, into thinking were "improving. For one thing it was a splashy move and second thing, he thinks phil can sneak us into the playoffs with garbage and not show the true colors of the lakers front office too the average fans or too say it more frank, the ones that pay the money.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
LA4Life wrote:

Ditto! it won't be long until we have Draft/Lottery threads soon.

At this point I acutally don't mind them losing. Heck, I hope GS, Utah, Sacramento, Minnesota goes on a little hot streak so we fall to the 10th spot and get to keep the pick. Cause there ain't no 07 plan baby, and no one is going to give us anything for the piles of crap we have, our only hope is the lottery.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

season's not over...this team will rally...the tri is still new to them...give them time...they'll get it...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
season's not over...this team will rally...the tri is still new to them...give them time...they'll get it...

Last time i checked it's March not November there is no excuse for let's give them time crap... if they ever learned the basics of the tri they would've gotten it by now, these guys still haven't learned anything from there mistakes.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Last time i checked it's March not November there is no excuse for let's give them time crap... if they ever learned the basics of the tri they would've gotten it by now, these guys still haven't learned anything from there mistakes.

It's all about defense and effort guys. These clowns bring some days and don't other days. The offense isn't that bad, in fact it looks decent some days.
And last I checked everyone with knowledge of the offense says it requires at least two seasons to get a good handle on it. These guys just excel at making bone head plays at crucial times. They have to manage their end of game situations better...and that's PJ's job.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
Drifts wrote:

no way...this team is the bomb!!! We don't need to make changes. This team rocks!!

Seriously, I was just kidding. This team sucks. I'd be happy if we get to the playoffs and get kicked around before being swept...or some miracle happens, and we win 1 game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: