This season is over when we traded for Westbrook
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject: This season is over when we traded for Westbrook

I told you all.

Most were still in denial.

The worst is that not only this season is done, Westbrook trade set us up for failure probably for a long time.

Trade him for picks if you can now.

Lebron and AD are idiots for wanting Westbrook. Seriously getting Westbrook on the lakers almost (I said almost) nullify the fact Lebron got us a ring.
It was the worst nightmare that came true when I saw the news.

Thought it was a joke, no one is that stupid right?
Apparently our GM and star players all are.

Wizards probably laughed their ass off after they pull off the trade, and the fact they got a first round pick as well, this is probably the biggest robbery ever. Wizard would probably have gotten rid of Westbrook for just Kuzma if the salary allows it.

We trade all net positive assets for a net negative asset.

Lol

I mean someone would literally have to pay me to let me take Westbrook on my team unless my goal is to tank and be in the lottery.

And the fact we just exploited Westbrook weakness the last time we won a championship.

Westbrook biggest issue is lack of self awareness, I don’t even think he is lazy or doesn’t try. But the dude has zero IQ in self awareness.

He is just extremely tunnel visioned.

He cant even improve his jump shot.
He cant understand that he over dribble way too much
He doesn’t know he sucks at team defense
He cant understand the value of developing a off bad game.

He doesn’t know his own weakness and thus can’t never improve as a player.

He just keep doing the same things over and over again.

That’s probably what he practice as well (since he thinks that’s his strength)

Which is
Pounding the ball until the air is out
Driving wildly to the rim (he probably think that’s the only style he can play and he master it)
Shooting the ball with no proper shot mechanic or rhythm (he probably thinks only geek practice shot mechanic)

The dude relied on his physical gift for way too long and never can see his own weakness thus he never really improved overall skill wise as a basketball player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2002
Posts: 3596

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:19 am    Post subject:

Owners and GMs and LeGMs need their own Shaqtin a fool. The Lakers would be the undisputed winner for this perfectly predictable disaster. How stupid do you have to be to not see some version of this coming. Let’s get a super low skilled, low IQ, freak of an athlete when he’s 33!! Never mind the fact that he, even at his best, he doesn’t fit at all since he needs the ball ALL the time and we already have someone infinity better with the ball who plays > 35 minutes a game. Stupid is the only word that comes to mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 9110

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:08 am    Post subject:

Westbrook has been bad and so has the trash roster construction around him given Jeanie didn't want to pay to keep adding. Should have kept AC and Dennis.

FWIW.. we could have had this roster by more or less running it back and adding key guys:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

That doesn't include using the mMLE which would offset some of the fees and could have been saved for the buyout market. Nor does it include Trezz or the 1st who could have been packaged with THT for something crucial.

We also could have traded for Lowry last year and still had the pieces for Buddy Hield and then bringing back AC + adding Monk, etc.

Stupid move after stupid move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6703
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:29 am    Post subject:

The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 1650

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:31 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:


Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.



Getting Lowry would have costed only THT, KCP and DS.

THT isn't good. We let DS go for nothing. Only KCP was of value.

The lakers would still had Kuz and Harrell to trade. They also re-sign caruso to make up for THT's loss.

Despite Lowry's poor shooting numbers compared to his career, his TS% (.559) is still higher than westbrook's this season (.504).

More importantly Lowry would bring defense and stability at the point. He wouldn't make the same costly decisions/TO's by westbrook like with the kings last night.

The heat beat the suns, who had their full starting lineup, on the road by 20+ points with just Lowry/Hero. You think that happens with the Westbrook? Lol we got demolished by the suns at home despite having lebron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6703
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
slavavov wrote:


Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.



Getting Lowry would have costed only THT, KCP and DS.

THT isn't good. We let DS go for nothing. Only KCP was of value.

The lakers would still had Kuz and Harrell to trade. They also re-sign caruso to make up for THT's loss.

Despite Lowry's poor shooting numbers compared to his career, his TS% (.559) is still higher than westbrook's this season (.504).

More importantly Lowry would bring defense and stability at the point. He wouldn't make the same costly decisions/TO's by westbrook like with the kings last night.

The heat beat the suns, who had their full starting lineup, on the road by 20+ points with just Lowry/Hero. You think that happens with the Westbrook? Lol we got demolished by the suns at home despite having lebron.

Lowry's TS% is misleading because more than half of his shots are 3-pointers. Teams would've likely sagged off him the way they do with Westbrook.

At least with Westbrook we have a third scoring option. At this point of his career Lowry isn't that.

Our team is already too old. Lowry will soon turn 36 and he's been injury prone the last few years. Maybe if Lowry were the same age as Westbrook (32/33) it's a decent trade to make.

Plus there's the matter of whether he would've re-signed with us last summer.

I doubt we would've been much better with Lowry instead of Westbrook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 756

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:29 am    Post subject:

I’ve taken a huge double take on Twitter twice ; like I couldn’t believe what I was reading . First time was the Mosgov 12:01 signing. Second was the Russ trade. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️ Season was over on 7/29/21 guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 5888

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Westbrook has been bad and so has the trash roster construction around him given Jeanie didn't want to pay to keep adding. Should have kept AC and Dennis.

FWIW.. we could have had this roster by more or less running it back and adding key guys:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

That doesn't include using the mMLE which would offset some of the fees and could have been saved for the buyout market. Nor does it include Trezz or the 1st who could have been packaged with THT for something crucial.

We also could have traded for Lowry last year and still had the pieces for Buddy Hield and then bringing back AC + adding Monk, etc.

Stupid move after stupid move.


I agree with a lot of what you said. Rob got lucky with Monk, Reeves, and Melo ( better than expected). I am still waiting on Nunn. People are forgetting how good he is. Rob/Frank can make amends by forcing RW to the bench and giving us a starting backcourt of Nunn and Monk. If RW is a pro, he will except it (and coming off the bench will pay dividends). If not, let him sulk (hopefully opting out).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 1401

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:00 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:


I agree with a lot of what you said. Rob got lucky with Monk, Reeves, and Melo ( better than expected). I am still waiting on Nunn. People are forgetting how good he is. Rob/Frank can make amends by forcing RW to the bench and giving us a starting backcourt of Nunn and Monk. If RW is a pro, he will except it (and coming off the bench will pay dividends). If not, let him sulk (hopefully opting out).


You've convinced me, desperate times call for desperate measures.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 6042

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:15 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.


+1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
seble24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 24 Jul 2002
Posts: 52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:37 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Westbrook has been bad and so has the trash roster construction around him given Jeanie didn't want to pay to keep adding. Should have kept AC and Dennis.

FWIW.. we could have had this roster by more or less running it back and adding key guys:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

That doesn't include using the mMLE which would offset some of the fees and could have been saved for the buyout market. Nor does it include Trezz or the 1st who could have been packaged with THT for something crucial.

We also could have traded for Lowry last year and still had the pieces for Buddy Hield and then bringing back AC + adding Monk, etc.

Stupid move after stupid move.


Man, so depressing to see that. What a fun team that would be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Feb 2006
Posts: 3712
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.


Except for Nunn. And Rondo. And THT. And Bradley. And Caruso if we had resigned him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 234

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

99% of the people were in shock after this trade and hated it.

Then like Dennis he opened his mouth and said championship's are not his goal

🙄
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cital
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 May 2002
Posts: 3307

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject:

I agree with the OP 100%

You are not contending for a championship with WB, you are contending for the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jul 2014
Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:

Getting Lowry would have costed only THT, KCP and DS.


That would've, effectively, ended our run at a title last season. Our guard rotation would've been Lowry, AC, Matthews, and Cook. We wouldn't have won with that even with LeBron and AD healthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2016
Posts: 1059

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
99% of the people were in shock after this trade and hated it.

Then like Dennis he opened his mouth and said championship's are not his goal

🙄


Eh.. after the trade it was definitely closer to 50/50 in here. People who were against the trade were called haters and fake fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2020
Posts: 2214

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

LeGM sucks. He should just focus on game than these moronic decisions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10531

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

This guy makes a selfish, “look at me, I was right, and you’re all wrong” Westbrook thread and everyone here took the bait. There’s a Westbrook thread, there’s a free agent thread, and there’s a game thread, but for some reason, this guy thinks what he has to say is so important that a new “cry about Westbrook” thread was needed.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 10526
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

^^ I am in shock still this morning... Russell Westbrook is a negative asset.. Very sad we picked this guy to be a Laker

End of the 4th quarter almost looked like Sabotage he (bleep) sucked so bad

Couldn't believe Vogel put him back in.. Slow Short Gets Tired now Shoots bricks on purpose

This guy ruins the chemistry on the floor
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Lakers had limited options to remain championship caliber. Trading for Buddy Hield would've been a risk, as LeBron would've been our only ball-handler and floor general at age 36/37. We wouldn't have realistically been able to get someone like that who is good enough using the MMLE.

DS was adequate in that role, but he either wanted too much money to return, or he didn't want to return period.

Trading for Lowry last season wouldn't have been smart either. We would've given up two or three young good role players for a guy who is 35/36 and is in decline. His numbers are down this season, his shooting % is lower than Westbrook's, and his 3-pt shooting % is almost as low as Westbrook's.

I would've preferred bringing back Lonzo Ball, but apparently he wasn't gettable for us, and I've read on this board that getting him would've hard-capped us (I don't know the salary cap that well).

Trading for Westbrook was maybe the best of a bunch of risky options. I think in the end we can blame the FO for overall poor asset management the last several years.

Otherwise we may have had the assets to trade for a ball-handling scoring PG who would've been a better fit than Westbrook.

I'm open to trading Westbrook if we get a player like that in return, but it seems extremely unlikely that another team would give us such a player.


Stop trying to cope…

Ball handler, as in the dude with the most turnovers with the least amount games played.

Lol!!

You don’t trade for negative contribution asset ever.
(And why the f did we give up so much when Wizard would probably be happy to get rid of him for free, though I still wouldn’t be ok signing Westbrook for veteran min, he just doesn’t help you in winning basketball, we should have asked for Beal!!)

If we had done anything smart, Lebron would be playing less minutes than now

Lebron is playing really heavy minute just to squeeze out wins against crap teams.

This is worst case scenario!

Our team f themselves in the most stupid way possible.

Deal with it, don’t try to justify it.


Last edited by Nonamehero on Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Owners and GMs and LeGMs need their own Shaqtin a fool. The Lakers would be the undisputed winner for this perfectly predictable disaster. How stupid do you have to be to not see some version of this coming. Let’s get a super low skilled, low IQ, freak of an athlete when he’s 33!! Never mind the fact that he, even at his best, he doesn’t fit at all since he needs the ball ALL the time and we already have someone infinity better with the ball who plays > 35 minutes a game. Stupid is the only word that comes to mind.


Amen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
This guy makes a selfish, “look at me, I was right, and you’re all wrong” Westbrook thread and everyone here took the bait. There’s a Westbrook thread, there’s a free agent thread, and there’s a game thread, but for some reason, this guy thinks what he has to say is so important that a new “cry about Westbrook” thread was needed.


You kinda described Westbrook game lol.

Look I knew the season was over once this trade happened, and a lot of you were in denial.

I didn’t want to be right. I wanted to eat my word and see us holding a trophy at the end of year.
I hate it that I am 100% right.

But I have the right to state my frustration to fellow lakers fan.

As we are all pissed as well at this moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 113255

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

I tried to cope with it but the fit issue was pretty apparent. We are likely stuck with him.

Sadly, the best course is to try our best to maximize what he can contribute. But alternatively, Lakers may have to consider trying to dissuade him from picking up that 47m option. I don't think Vogel benches him, but would he take him out of clutch situations?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 17066

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Westbrook has been bad and so has the trash roster construction around him given Jeanie didn't want to pay to keep adding. Should have kept AC and Dennis.

FWIW.. we could have had this roster by more or less running it back and adding key guys:

AD, Dwight
Kuz, Melo, Ariza
LeBron, THT, Reaves
KCP, Caruso, Wayne
Monk, Dennis, Bradley

That doesn't include using the mMLE which would offset some of the fees and could have been saved for the buyout market. Nor does it include Trezz or the 1st who could have been packaged with THT for something crucial.

We also could have traded for Lowry last year and still had the pieces for Buddy Hield and then bringing back AC + adding Monk, etc.

Stupid move after stupid move.


Yeah running it back would have been a lot better than this roster. Were chemistry concerns with Trezz/Schroder but atleast we were winning at a decent clip.

AD/Trezz/Dwight
Kuz/Melo
LeBron/THT
KCP/Caruso/Reaves
Monk/Schroder

Would have been a fun team. Kind of funny Vogel kind of burned bridges with Trezz b/c he was "undersized". Now take a look at our centers. LeBron/Stanley/Melo on most nights.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 17066

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I tried to cope with it but the fit issue was pretty apparent. We are likely stuck with him.

Sadly, the best course is to try our best to maximize what he can contribute. But alternatively, Lakers may have to consider trying to dissuade him from picking up that 47m option. I don't think Vogel benches him, but would he take him out of clutch situations?


Bad fit, age, contract. Incompetence
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB