Kobe's D
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

tenguygrst wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Kobe's defense is good. Team defense is awful.

oh god, i didnt think it was possible for someone to actually say with a straight face that kobe's defense is "good"...but i guess there is one out there.

Kobe's roaming around, he's doing a good job roaming around. I assume Phil asked him to that, something Pip used to do for the Bulls. Diffence is, the Bulls defense was the best in the NBA back then. Odom can't do what Pip used to do, so Kobe is forced to do it.

Again, there are a lot of problems...Kobe's not one of them.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
tenguygrst wrote:
Drifts wrote:

oh god, i didnt think it was possible for someone to actually say with a straight face that kobe's defense is "good"...but i guess there is one out there.

Kobe's roaming around, he's doing a good job roaming around. I assume Phil asked him to that, something Pip used to do for the Bulls. Diffence is, the Bulls defense was the best in the NBA back then. Odom can't do what Pip used to do, so Kobe is forced to do it.

We're not saying he's a problem...dude, he's Kobe! But like I said, he should be able to roam around and play solid team D without sacrificing his man D. He's THAT good, right?
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
tenguygrst wrote:
Drifts wrote:

We're not saying he's a problem...dude, he's Kobe! But like I said, he should be able to roam around and play solid team D without sacrificing his man D. He's THAT good, right?

are you serious?

anyways, assuming you are...how the hell can Kobe roam effectively and still play elite man defense?? It's a given, once he roams his man defense drops a little.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
JuiceMonkey
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

im sorry, i know everybody loves kobe, he is the lakers, i love him too...but seriously i dont see how people who have followed him closely and can see differences in defensive energy and effectiveness can say with a straight face that his defense is what it used to be. his man defense has definitely been a problem, penetration has killed us all year...moreso with smush but kobe's had his big share of problems with this as well. his pick and roll defense has also been taken down a couple levels. its still there in small spurts but he just hasnt been at that all nba defensive level. recently he has been doing his thing where he roams around with a high energy level and tries to disrupt entry passes and blindside post players. that was effective at times during games where his man didnt have an outside shot or was afraid to shoot. but that also required him to have high energy and the last couple games that hasnt been there either. i still want to believe that kobe will have "it" when it really matters down the stretch of this season but for a player that said before the year that he wanted to be defensive player of the year, it has not been pretty.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:
Drifts wrote:
tenguygrst wrote:
Drifts wrote:

are you serious?

anyways, assuming you are...how the hell can Kobe roam effectively and still play elite man defense?? It's a given, once he roams his man defense drops a little.

Fighting picks and not always going for the steal...that's how. If you've seen him play back in the day when we were winning, you'd know that he can roam and help out WITHOUT his man D dropping. So according to you, he can't do both effectively??? BS, he's done it before...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: