Passive Kobe is not working
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Passive Kobe is not working

I know this may sound strange, but kobe needs to shoot more. I don't like this half and half thing hes resorted to. First half hes being ultra passive, the second half(or shall i say the 4th quarter) hes being semi agressive. Teams use to fear Kobe cause he woud get hot early on and they would have no answer for him. but now Kobe is only getting hot towards end of games and most of the time its comong when its too late.

Portland announcers made a good point when they said, they have no idea why Kobe is passing it out to his teammates when hes NOT being doubled team. He was being single covered by Blake most of the first quarter and he attempted only 3 shot attempts.

Bring back the "real" kobe please. Thats our only hope if we want to make the playoffs.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Maybe the real Kobe just wants to make sure the Management sees how bad this team is even if he's passive..
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Totally agree. Phil has neutered Kobe again. The season is lost, we aren't making the playoffs. Let's see Kobe do something special. Let's see Kobe win a couple of games on his own, instead of watching the NDBL "Team" lose. Kobe needs to shoot wherever and whenever he is even remotely open. PERIOD!
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Remember the days when Kobe use to never give up the ball during a fast break? We need that guy back.

Remember the days when Kobe use to love to iso his guy up then take him off the dribble every single time? We need that guy back.

Come back Kobe. Your the only one who save the season.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

I agree with everyone. And if anyone dares to say anything other than he needs to ballhog more. Look the stats when he does. january 9-4 (aggresive Kobe. Unstoppable Kobe) February 5-8 (Passive Kobe), March 0-1 (Passive Kobe)
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Guys are getting points...the offense isn't the problem.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject:

former "kobe needs to shoot less" guy here. But I'm a believer now. Take 30, 40, 50 shots I don't care, because for some reason since these idiots started to get regular touches on offense they decided defense was no longer important :\
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Not only that but can anyone not named Kobe Cook Mihm make a jumpshot. Sure jumpshot is a lost art. But to this degree? Odom has regressed people. His points are down by 1 and he seems to have more 8 point games than double digit points.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject:

OshadowO wrote:
former "kobe needs to shoot less" guy here. But I'm a believer now. Take 30, 40, 50 shots I don't care, because for some reason since these idiots started to get regular touches on offense they decided defense was no longer important :\

...and it's rubbing off on Kobe.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
OshadowO wrote:

...and it's rubbing off on Kobe.

True Kobe's D has been just as bad, but it wasn't that great even to start the season. So if Kobe is taking all the shots and that Makes 4 guys play D, atleast its better than 5 guys taking shots (and mostly missing) and no one playing D.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:

cant just look at the final score tally.

When Kobe plays aggressive, he gets hot. When he gets hot, we get in early runs. When we get runs, it demoralizes the opposing team.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:

When Kobe plays aggressive, he gets hot. When he gets hot, we get in early runs. When we get runs, it demoralizes the opposing team.
Exactly. I can't believe people still believe in the passive Kobe thing. Better record when he was playing aggresive throughout the game. How many times do I have to say it
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

An aggressive Kobe won't work either. He will tired himself out and the team won't be better. Opponents will focus on him and we would eventually. be as bad as we are now.
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't matter what Kobe does, the team outside him sucks. He had to score 43 ppg in January just for them to have a decent record. They suck. Period. Blame the person(s) who put this god awful team together.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Cause that worked so well in January? All teams know it's only Kobe. And in that month he carried us to a winning record. After the 62 point game you don't think opponents focus on him? Not to mention he is our only superstar on this team. No one can guard Kobe one on one. So, I don't get what you mean. One superstar to focus on for 2 years. Passive Kobe does not work. It is not who he is. People are trying to make him out to be a Lebron or a Nash or something else. That is not his game. His game is being a total and flat out assassin.
PiPisKobesByatch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

kobe scoring has no effect on defense?

offense is not the problem?

when guys like smush, cook, lamar, sasha are shooting long jumpshots, it leads to long rebounds, which then leads to fast breaks and easy points in transtion.

when kwame bricks a layup, the bigman can rebound it and throw it down court quickly before the defense can set up, and another fastbreak opportunity.

everytime the lakers don't force the opponent to take the ball out of bounds by making a shot or getting fouled, it pretty much leads to a fast break. i think the word is out about the lakers' lack of transition d (not that their halfcourt d is any better).

so basically, when guys are shooting poorly (as they did against the blazers) a lot of long rebounds are going the other teams way.. which is allowing them to get easy points.

so bad offense leads to bad defense.. so yes, the two are intertwined if you think about it.

also, when you guys morons like lamar and smush handling the ball, they are prone to get stupid turnovers.. which leads to more easy buckets.

when kobe is in his scoring binge.. teams are scrambling trying to stop him.. he intimidates other teams with his presence.. his shot is either going in or he is getting fouled. no chance for the other team to fast break on that when kobe is in his zone.

that is why i believe that kobe being aggressive and taking the ball out of the roleplayers' hands is more effective at stopping the fastbreak and not putting their transition d under so much duress all the time.

kobe needs to score the ball.

if he is aggressive, and he finds his offense early.. the lakers build a lead in the first half and can probably sustain it to close out the game. but because he was dicking around trying to get people involved, the blazers put up too many points and it was too hard to come back on the road.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

Kobe like everybody else on this team needs to work on stopping teams from scoring all of them damned points!

Who in the world is Steve Blake?!!
Zack Randolfp dropping treys? WTF
If Telfair plays the whole game the Lakers get routed!

offense is a problem sometimes! The defense is a problem all the time!
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

KobeButler wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:

D leads to O...without getting stops, it doesn't matter how aggressive he is or how many times he shoots. I'm for the "shoot 40-50 times" but only if they show some heart on the other end of the floor. From there...shoot from half court Kobe!!! (which I'd rather take than a Kwame "attempted" layup that almost breaks the backboard.)
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Actually it's the other way around. O leads to D. When a player like Kobe feels it we play better defense. Look at the Toronto game. We started getting stops. The problem is energy. Energy on offense and defense. We don't have that.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject:

When we had that Monumental loss against Houston a while back when kobe tried to be passive and only had 24 pts he said after the game he needs to gauge when to take over a ball game more often since his team needs that more often then not.

Well Kobe, i think the month of march should be like january was.... just shoot the hell out of the ball and be aggressive the hwole game, these guys arent good enough to try and build "team" chemistry with, once kobes assists go down and Shots go up, the wins will stack up again like January.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

PiPisKobesByatch wrote:
kobe scoring has no effect on defense?

offense is not the problem?

when guys like smush, cook, lamar, sasha are shooting long jumpshots, it leads to long rebounds, which then leads to fast breaks and easy points in transtion.

when kwame bricks a layup, the bigman can rebound it and throw it down court quickly before the defense can set up, and another fastbreak opportunity.

everytime the lakers don't force the opponent to take the ball out of bounds by making a shot or getting fouled, it pretty much leads to a fast break. i think the word is out about the lakers' lack of transition d (not that their halfcourt d is any better).

so basically, when guys are shooting poorly (as they did against the blazers) a lot of long rebounds are going the other teams way.. which is allowing them to get easy points.

so bad offense leads to bad defense.. so yes, the two are intertwined if you think about it.

also, when you guys morons like lamar and smush handling the ball, they are prone to get stupid turnovers.. which leads to more easy buckets.

when kobe is in his scoring binge.. teams are scrambling trying to stop him.. he intimidates other teams with his presence.. his shot is either going in or he is getting fouled. no chance for the other team to fast break on that when kobe is in his zone.

that is why i believe that kobe being aggressive and taking the ball out of the roleplayers' hands is more effective at stopping the fastbreak and not putting their transition d under so much duress all the time.

kobe needs to score the ball.

if he is aggressive, and he finds his offense early.. the lakers build a lead in the first half and can probably sustain it to close out the game. but because he was dicking around trying to get people involved, the blazers put up too many points and it was too hard to come back on the road.

Not one other Laker shot below 50% so how does this make sense?
Kobe went 10-27

The Lakers need another player to shoot a few more shots. Kobe did the right thing. The comeback again took place while Kobe was on the bench.

The floor has to be spread for the most offensive potential to be realized.
That can only happen when defenses are forced to be concerned about at least one other player.

It's not about the offense!!!

The defense sucks!!!!!

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:06 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
It's not about the offense!!!

The defense sucks!!!!!

It's been sucking since Janaury bro..
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:

Thank you! Because that is what I'm saying. I'm glad someone realizes this. There are still a lot of people who don't believe in that. But look at january then look at February and March before people start saying that it's this or that. Kobe is an assassin. he demoralizes the opposition when he scores like that. Believe me. MJ did it. Knowing that MJ would get the ball and still you would have no answer. That is what Kobe is. Let's not make him into a passer. Because look at the standings when he's passing
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
KobeButler wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:

D leads to O...without getting stops, it doesn't matter how aggressive he is or how many times he shoots. I'm for the "shoot 40-50 times" but only if they show some heart on the other end of the floor. From there...shoot from half court Kobe!!! (which I'd rather take than a Kwame "attempted" layup that almost breaks the backboard.)

I dont disagree with D leads to O. However our team is not good enough to rely on defense winning us games. Lets face it man, were not a very good team. Facts say when Kobe scores more, we usually win more.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject:

KB8LJ23 wrote:
Actually it's the other way around. O leads to D. When a player like Kobe feels it we play better defense. Look at the Toronto game. We started getting stops. The problem is energy. Energy on offense and defense. We don't have that.

Are you serious? O leads to D? No matter how much of a scoring machine Kobe is, that Toronto game wouldn't have been the way it was without the stops. Regardless, I agree with your energy factor.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: