Who or what do you blame for the pathetic play in Feb?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who or what do you blame for the pathetic play in February
Phil Jackson
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Kobe Bryant
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Backcourt Defense
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Frontcourt defense
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Odom and Mihm absent for a couple games
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Defense overall sucks
52%
 52%  [ 19 ]
Role Players don't step up
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 36

kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Who or what do you blame for the pathetic play in Feb?

I think the defense has been absolute crap. They don't have the same fire they had early in the season.
Vlade
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

lots of blame to go around, but the backcourt defense, specifically Smush Parker's, has been absolutely horrible. If Smush Parker is our late-game PG, we will not make the playoffs.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Vlade wrote:
lots of blame to go around, but the backcourt defense, specifically Smush Parker's, has been absolutely horrible. If Smush Parker is our late-game PG, we will not make the playoffs.

I agree he gambles a LOT. Yet sometimes as of late he has come up with a few pick pockets. But if he doesn't get the steal, he gets burned
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject:

KUPCHAK!!!!!!!
lakerfanNC
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
KUPCHAK!!!!!!!

kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject:

lakerfanNC wrote:
laker4life wrote:
KUPCHAK!!!!!!!

Kupchak doesn't make the team we currently have assembled play worse.
His lack of work on the outside just doesn't help the team at all. There is a difference thats why i didn't put him in the poll question
bambam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

lack of talent. This team peaked a while back.. most other teams continue to improve.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject:

I blame Kwame, Honestly he was the one that was supposed to pan out. When we first aquired brown I called (along with alots of us) that if he doesnt pan out our season wont.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject:

I blame Kobe. Kobe needs to forget about trying to reach 5 or 6 apg by the end of the season. Noone is going to care if you had 35, 6, 6. He needs to seriously start gunning. Take 30 shots a game - average 40. We'll win more games with agressive Kobe than facilitator Kobe obviously.

That being said, my blame isn't a critique of Kobe. Its really a critique of his crappy teammates.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

Front office.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
I blame Kobe. Kobe needs to forget about trying to reach 5 or 6 apg by the end of the season. Noone is going to care if you had 35, 6, 6. He needs to seriously start gunning. Take 30 shots a game - average 40. We'll win more games with agressive Kobe than facilitator Kobe obviously.

That being said, my blame isn't a critique of Kobe. Its really a critique of his crappy teammates.

Well the whole getting assist isnt just for stats its also to help with fatigue. Thats all we need is to lose Kobe due to injury.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject:

ill go with the front office. Their well aware of the holes on the team. You dont need to scrap the 07 or 08 plan to improve which has been nothing but their escape gioat and excuse. Their were some really good pieces availble..for example Flip Murry, Reggie Evans, and of course Ron Artest. Phil kept throwing subtle hints about wanting to improve the roster(Artest, a veteran point guard). Kobe as well. Remember when SAS said Kobe wanted more expereinced and veteran help? Yet management couldnt get anything done.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
ill go with the front office. Their well aware of the holes on the team. You dont need to scrap the 07 or 08 plan to improve which has been nothing but their escape gioat and excuse. Their were some really good pieces availble..for example Flip Murry, Reggie Evans, and of course Ron Artest. Phil kept throwing subtle hints about wanting to improve the roster(Artest, a veteran point guard). Kobe as well. Remember when SAS said Kobe wanted more expereinced and veteran help? Yet management couldnt get anything done.

Artest is not a point guard. Besides, the asking price by the Pacers was too high. They wanted Bynum and the Lakers weren't willing to give him up. It takes two sides to make a trade.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I put defense overall sucks, but you know, I think another reason may be that some of these players are hitting the wall. Most of them have never played this many minutes in this many games...B. Cook, Smush, Sasha, even Luke in some ways...I hate making excuses for players getting paid millions to play a game, but it's a possibility.
jcolayco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I will say the blames goes to Mitch Kupchak's move on trade last post season and Lamar Pothead's dumb*** plays on offense against Suckramento Kings and Memphis Grizzles late in the game. Mitch Kupchak is on lacking the trade moves and signing the free agent players on every post season. Lamar Odom is still making stupid mistake moves on offense and he has to go soon. I am tired of seeing too many sissy players like Kwane Brown, Chris Mihm, Luke Walton, and maybe Brian Cook, these guys can't even muscle around the big men or strong players. These guys might well have to go too.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

Artest is not a point guard. Besides, the asking price by the Pacers was too high. They wanted Bynum and the Lakers weren't willing to give him up. It takes two sides to make a trade.

The rumoured deal was odom for artest and croshere. I would of parted with odom. By trading odom for artest, we would have more cap sapce in 07 meaning we could of traded for a point guard like watson. We would of had a player who played hard every night in Artest.
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Defense is desire. There is no hunger and urgency to stop teams from scoring. Plain and simple. Doesn't matter who is on the floor, either.
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
lakerfanNC wrote:
laker4life wrote:
KUPCHAK!!!!!!!

Kupchak doesn't make the team we currently have assembled play worse.
His lack of work on the outside just doesn't help the team at all. There is a difference thats why i didn't put him in the poll question

Again, Saying"Mitch's fault for not making such and such trade" is not a reason the THE PLAYERS WE HAVE NOW not playing well.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

remember that 6-1 roadie? Why have players regressed? It doesnt make sense. We are worse now because Kobe is more tired. I will blame the league for having better squads than we do
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
remember that 6-1 roadie? Why have players regressed? It doesnt make sense. We are worse now because Kobe is more tired. I will blame the league for having better squads than we do

I remember, thats why i am saying it's not Mitch's fault for what the players are doing currently. We have seen them play well, it's just the question, whats wrong now, lately???
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: