More 8 hate from Simmons

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrLaker83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: More 8 hate from Simmons

Toughest omissions:

1. Kobe: Too much baggage, too much of a walking soap opera, spent too much time in a situation where he was the only viable scoring option. Even in something as dumb as the All-Star Game last month, you could see his rust in terms of playing team basketball; these last two Shaq-less seasons have been more damaging to him than anyone wants to admit. Plus, if he's on the team, you have to play him. And I don't think you need him -- not when you have Wade, Redd, LeBron and Pierce.

And then there's this: I don't care what transpired recently -- there's no way Shaq plays on this team if Kobe gets picked. I think he makes one of those behind-closed-doors, him-or-me threats like MJ did before the '92 Olympics (when he told them that he wouldn't play if Isiah was on the team). Personally, I'd rather have Shaq and Pierce than Stoudemire and Kobe. But given that this is USA Basketball, I'm sure we'll end up with the latter two guys. Fantastic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

WTF is this guys problem? I mean seriously, Kobe alomost had a triple double in the all-star game and he decides to call that rusty! And maybe its just me but I would take a healthy kobe and stodemire to a pierce/shaq combo! Besides if kobe and shaq were to be re-united, we all no that gold is a lock!
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:14 am    Post subject:

already posted. But simmons already admits he hates Ocho. I mean, its pretty funny if you ask me. He's just a sports writer, it isn't like he has any decision making capabilities....its all just entertainment.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: More 8 hate from Simmons

MrLaker83 wrote:
Toughest omissions:

1. Kobe: Too much baggage, too much of a walking soap opera, spent too much time in a situation where he was the only viable scoring option. Even in something as dumb as the All-Star Game last month, you could see his rust in terms of playing team basketball; these last two Shaq-less seasons have been more damaging to him than anyone wants to admit. Plus, if he's on the team, you have to play him. And I don't think you need him -- not when you have Wade, Redd, LeBron and Pierce.

And then there's this: I don't care what transpired recently -- there's no way Shaq plays on this team if Kobe gets picked. I think he makes one of those behind-closed-doors, him-or-me threats like MJ did before the '92 Olympics (when he told them that he wouldn't play if Isiah was on the team). Personally, I'd rather have Shaq and Pierce than Stoudemire and Kobe. But given that this is USA Basketball, I'm sure we'll end up with the latter two guys. Fantastic.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

WTF is this guys problem? I mean seriously, Kobe alomost had a triple double in the all-star game and he decides to call that rusty! And maybe its just me but I would take a healthy kobe and stodemire to a pierce/shaq combo! Besides if kobe and shaq were to be re-united, we all no that gold is a lock!

what rust? all i saw was kobe being a team player passing the ball and having fun....the man scores 81 and this guy still thinks he can bash kobe? what soap opera? What baggage? Redd over Kobe r u insane? Insinuating that bc Kobe got picked that means Shaq didnt get picked? Everyone saw that the feud is dead. This sounds like he wrote this years ago. I thought writers are supposed to be up to the times. Bashing Kobe over that garbage makes his sound like he doesn't know the NBA or what he's talking about....

I'm not worried because its just ridiculous, and everyone in the world can see..."Whose better then Kobe?"
MrLaker83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

my bad if already posted i guess i didn't look back far enough, mods can delete if necessary.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

Simmons still wants Len Bias to play in the Olympics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: