Screw it, start Sasha.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yesman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Screw it, start Sasha.

Smush just isn't the guy. At least Sasha plays hard on D and can dish the ball. His Jumper has started to develope too. Smush is playing like a guy who gets less than a mil should play. We need to get him off the court. Sasha isn't great either, but he's better than Smush. Honestly, we should probable start George and let him guard PGs on D(Smush can't guard them either) and le Odom and Kobe facilitate.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

Dang, Sasha? Talk about our squad being desperate. I agree with the tough D, but regardless who starts at PG, it's gonna be an advantage for the other team...PERIOD.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Screw it, start Sasha.

yesman wrote:
Smush just isn't the guy. At least Sasha plays hard on D and can dish the ball. His Jumper has started to develope too. Smush is playing like a guy who gets less than a mil should play. We need to get him off the court. Sasha isn't great either, but he's better than Smush. Honestly, we should probable start George and let him guard PGs on D(Smush can't guard them either) and le Odom and Kobe facilitate.

Dont they do that now anyways. I like starting George just because everyone knows that he plays based off of confidence and cracking the starting lineup would be a big confidence boost for him.

C-Mihm
PF-Cook
SF-Kobe
SG-George
PG-Odum (gives him what he really wants to do and play point guard)

We go with a 7 man rotation with Andrew and Ronny

(proabably just a fantasy)

Last edited by lakers2626 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

Telfair ripped Sasha a new one last night. Imagine what Billups and T. Parker would do to him. Smush can play decent defense when he wants to. I think it's an attitude thing with him.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject:

the thing about Smush is that he sucks on defense. He hurts the team. Sure offensively he can do the acrobatic dunks and make an occassional three, but think of all the things he does to hurt our team defensively. He gives up (almost every night) more points than he scores irrespective of the quality of the player. He allows our big men to get into foul trouble early....you think Chris Mihm enjoys covering up Smush's mistakes? Smush doesn't move his feet well, he is constantly gambling for steals, and he refuses to go over screens to close out on shooters. The guy is not a smart basketball player. Start Sasha...at least Sasha will keep his man in front of him and if he does fould, Sasha will pick up the foul, not Mihm. Also with regard to ball movement and spacing, Sasha is much more efficent and has a better understanding of the triangle spots. He is a good ball distributor with a knack for inside (entry) passes. He can hit the three if he catches the ball in rhythm as well. Also, Sasha is willing to learn and get better. Smush is the same exact player from the day we started him.

I don't hate Smush. I like him, but I rather him provide a spark of the bench. I'd like Sasha to start for a while just to see how much we improve. Also our runs to get back into games usually happen when Sasha is running the point.....
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:
Telfair ripped Sasha a new one last night. Imagine what Billups and T. Parker would do to him. Smush can play decent defense when he wants to. I think it's an attitude thing with him.

real quick guards can till burn him, but Sasha's intensity doesn't disappear like Smush's....

CBA Smush=29wins 29 losses
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:

Telfair schooled parker as well to be fair. And imagine what T. Parker and Billups have already done to Smush
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:

That's not funny take it back.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

Sasha has been just as unimpressive as Smush has lately. Start Devin Green.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:

venturalakerfans wrote:
Sasha has been just as unimpressive as Smush has lately. Start Devin Green.

Heck let's sign Sung Ming Ming he can start Center for us oh and don't forget about our pal Von wafer who will also start at the 2 spot.
showtime1308
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

Smush Kobe George Odom Mihm or Smush Kobe Odom Mihm Bynum. I think Phil needs to experiment more with different lineups, specifically with Odom at the 4 spot. We all know that Odom is a 17 and 10 guy with average defense at the 4 spot but is that really that bad. He just isn't aggressive enough from the initiator spot in the offense. Last year he created all sorts of mismatches for opposing power forwards and I think its time to put him back there whether he likes it or not. Tex Winters suggested this long ago and I think its time to officially end this scottie pippen experiment.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

the biggest difference between scottie and Odom is that scottie thought he was better than Michael and didn't want to play second fiddle. Scottie always played aggressively on both ends to compete with MJ. Odom is content being a scrub.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject:

showtime1308 wrote:
Smush Kobe George Odom Mihm or Smush Kobe Odom Mihm Bynum. I think Phil needs to experiment more with different lineups, specifically with Odom at the 4 spot. We all know that Odom is a 17 and 10 guy with average defense at the 4 spot but is that really that bad. He just isn't aggressive enough from the initiator spot in the offense. Last year he created all sorts of mismatches for opposing power forwards and I think its time to put him back there whether he likes it or not. Tex Winters suggested this long ago and I think its time to officially end this scottie pippen experiment.

I like the Smush Kobe Odom Mihm Bynum. I would still like to see Smush on the bench to give him a reality check. Start George for the confidence.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

Just sign any of Jim Jackson, Penny Hardaway, Jon Barry and Brunson and be done with it. Smush nor Sasha deserves the starting PG spot.
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

OMG. Sasha cant hit a shot to save his life. At least Smush provides some offense. NO THANKS
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

Sasha is mistake-prone but his effort always top-notch and his game could still grow. Smush looks like he's peaked and the effort he gives considering he was in danger of being out of the league completely a year ago is disgusting.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

kenkoy wrote:

Tell you something Telfair is just slightly, and I mean slightly too, slower than Earl Boykins. Telfair is just 6ft and, the Lakers still don't know how to apply team D in those situations with little quick guards. No matter who you put on him and, I'm talking around the league that dude is going to smoke em! I can't imagine why unless it is because he is only a second year man that the Blazers don't give him more minutes...
circusmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Sasha sucks, period. 34.5 FG% and that's all wide-open spot-up jumpshots.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject:

circusmonkey wrote:
Sasha sucks, period. 34.5 FG% and that's all wide-open spot-up jumpshots.

He has no athletic ability, no ballhandling skills and is an atrocious shooter.

At least he makes his 2 free throws per month

No more underdeveloped weaklings need apply, it is time to blow out Kupchak and bring in a GM who values athletic ability and stops filling the roster with projects, has beens and never will be's.

Starting Sasha over Smush is as stupid as saying give me syphilis instead of this cold I have.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Ill take smush out there rather than sasha any day.
vandido626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Oh god. Is this what were down to? Sasha as our best option at STARTING PG.
2Cleva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Wait a sec.. wasn't Odom supposed to handle the PG duties this year? He was supposed to be Pippen reincarnated.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Buss can convince Magic to come out of retirement and help out the PG position this year. I heard he can run the break.

While they're at it, maybe KAJ can spell Mihm for a few minutes while he sits with two fouls in the first 5 minutes of the game...
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Smush plays soft on "D" most of the time due to his "Foul-trouble-itis"..... .....he knows that playing proper "D" will land him in foul trouble quick and fast.....and a first class ticket to the pine.....

Sasha has imporoved greatly this season,and I hope to see him do so again next season...........By then he might be closer to a starters spot,but........he is not ready now.......

I would go with George.......Odom plays the point on offense......Then on "D" we go into a match up zone......Cant be worse than what we see night in and night out.......george brings intangibles,and a better overall game than both Smush and Sasha....
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Start Sasha and we would get blown out every night. He can't score, fouls needlessly and can't even bring the ball up the court under pressure.

Smush is horrid on D but at least he can score and handle the ball...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: