Do we need smarter players to run the triangle??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

If you understand the game of basketball, you can play in the triangle offense. It's all about proper SPACING, moving without the ball and READING THE DEFENSE. The more you just play off your natural basketball INSTINCTS and read the defense, the better you play in it. Simple as that.

Exactly. That's part of the reason why PJ has his bias with college players. They are taught that at a basic level in college.

Still, nothing frustrates me more than the fact that some of these guys have played 3-6 years in the league and don't understand basic concepts.

I do understand this is a process, and the Lakers are a young team, but I don't see the motovation to learn and play hard every night except for the rookies, Sasha, and Bryant.

I'm growing real tired of players being late to their spots in the offense, not setting proper picks, and poor triangle spacing. I wish I could have a front row seat like I did at the SPL to yell at the players just to tell them where to go.

That's exactly what frustrates me the most.

I'm not big on bashing Mitch (unless it's funny - do it Mitch!), and I'm not whining about our "lack of talent" or our lack of "NBA starters"... it their lack of EFFORT, ENERGY, DESIRE, HUSTLE and basic basketball AWARENESS that I just don't understand. I don't care how talented (or, as the case may be, untalented) you are, it's the EFFORT that we all just want.

In another thread ("How would you build the team around Kobe?") I wrote out a GIANT list of players who have that "warrior" mentality. Most of them are just your average role players - but they flat-out BRING IT!! If you surround Kobe with a roster full of "warrior" players, win or lose, it wouldn't matter. That team would COMPETE. And with Kobe as the focal point, we'd have a very exciting team!!

Like all teams, this team needs an IDENTITY. And that identity comes from your best player. Kobe is an absolue, 100% certified WARRIOR. That should be our "identity." That's should be the Lakers "blue print" for building this team. No more Walton's, Cook's, Sasha's or Kwame's. No more "low-key" guys. If you can't match (or at least hang with) Kobe's and Ronny's desire, passion, intensity and energy, you should not be a Laker.

Win or lose, that's all I want out of the Lakers.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

I like George coming off the bench but I think Phil should think about putting him in the starting line-up. It would be either Cook or Smush going on the bench. I think George is playing well he knows the system and letting him start and making him think it's because of his play will boost this guys confidence.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject:

It was a very good game. The Lakers can still use a player or two.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: