Odom's '04 Olympic stats...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfunksta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Odom's '04 Olympic stats...

I didn't watch any of those olympic games but I keep reading how Odom & AI played the best out of all the Americans. Can someone explain to me how they utilized Odom?
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

I believe he played PF/C. He did great with rebounding and inside scoring. LB LOVED him. He was one of the most consistent players on that team.
LucasWhite
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Well, Duncan and Wade played like a p*ssies so Lamar had to take over offensively.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Remember when everytime Wade tried to make a move he was called for a travel? It was kinda funny after awhile.

There's stats on the bottom of this page.

http://www.usabasketball.com/history/moly_2004.html

Lamar had 9.3 PTS 5.8 REB .569 FG%
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject:

LucasWhite wrote:
Well, Duncan and Wade played like a p*ssies so Lamar had to take over offensively.

I wonder why he doesn't do that now, when Kwame and Smush/Sasha play like that.
LAL25
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
LucasWhite wrote:

Maybe because he has a different role. Brown expected a different role from Odom. People expect Odom to just take over, but if the coach wants him to be a faciliator/unselfish player then he has to stick to that.
bmk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
LucasWhite wrote:

Too bad for Lamar that Puerto Rico and Lithuania aren't allowed in the NBA.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Olympic stats
I think the LO parade just got a derailed. Olympic stats
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

Actually, you're wrong and it's obvious you didn't bother to support the team by actually watching the Olympics, which makes it both sad and easy for you to just insult the guy. Assuming you're from the U.S., you should know that Lamar Odom was the only American to make the all-Olympic team. He played almost every position on the team, and with competence and dignity. He was everything the team needed him to be at any given moment, and considering how well he represented the U.S. not only on the court, but in his demeanor, he deserves a "thank you" from you.

It would be nice to see if you grasp that concept rather than taking every opportunity to bash the guy, even in this instance where it's clearly inappropriate. When someone gives his best to represent his country, it isn't cool to insult them about it.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

Actually, you're wrong and it's obvious you didn't bother to support the team by actually watching the Olympics, which makes it both sad and easy for you to just insult the guy. Assuming you're from the U.S., you should know that Lamar Odom was the only American to make the all-Olympic team. He played almost every position on the team, and with competence and dignity. He was everything the team needed him to be at any given moment, and considering how well he represented the U.S. not only on the court, but in his demeanor, he deserves a "thank you" from you.

It would be nice to see if you grasp that concept rather than taking every opportunity to bash the guy, even in this instance where it's clearly inappropriate. When someone gives his best to represent his country, it isn't cool to insult them about it.

Thanks for salvaging this thread; but I think you're wasting your time with this person.

^^ Farmar

LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

Thanks for salvaging this thread; but I think you're wasting your time with this person.

Thanks and I know, but I still had to say it out loud. I can't believe the attitude of some on something that involves patriotism, just because you're mad about the Lakers. At the end of the day, we should all thank every Olympian, even those that come in dead last.

Hey, did you watch the summer Olympics the one before the last? There was a swimmer from a tiny country, which had just been invited for the first time ever to participate in the Olympics. They didn't have a real swimmer for the race and it was a distance race. They just had this guy willing to go out there and try. Anyway, he started swimming and as expected, he fell waaaayyyy behind the other swimmers - and I'm talking so far behind that there were literally minutes between when the 2nd to the last swimmer touched the wall and when he finally got there. He couldn't tell how far behind he had fallen, he only noticed that with every stroke, every lap, he could hear the crowd getting louder and louder. Fans were starting to cheer, then stand up, then just flat out howl for him as he got closer and closer to the wall. You could tell he was getting exhausted. He didn't have any real training and it was far and he just fell further and further back. Yet the crowd cheered and whistled and urged him on. They emplored him to continue. They were so clearly awed by his going out there in front of the entire world, just to try because it was his country's first time there and they needed a swimmer. He would later say that he thought he'd actually won the race, because the crowds cheers for him were so over-whelming. It was emotional and touching - and he, along with the crowd's appreciation for his effort and heart, really symbolized everything the Olympics are about.

It was something.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject:

I have this suspicion that if Wade and Marion had started over Marbury and Jefferson (LBs love of "veterans"), they probably would've gone a lot further, probably even won the Gold.

Marbury and Jefferson looked like the two dead weights on the starting lineup.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject:

olympic stats LOL
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
LucasWhite wrote:

This is the problem this season that everyone ignores and, bash the dude mercilessly over...

Heeelllllloooooo!!!

His position changed from post player to facillitator. That is a huge transition. This is why everybody comming down on the man is ssssssssssssoooooo stupid!

Thank you for your attention,
THE_SHOES
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

I can guarantee you that. Don't bother. Just ignore him, if we're lucky the troll will go away as a result of boredom...
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
LucasWhite wrote:

you mean you are satisfied with those numbers? 9pts 5 boards? well, he's almost doubling that this season, but somehow folks around here think he sucks...go figure. :roll: Actually, Duncan couldn't stay on the floor. He was always in foul trouble, so the team relied heavily on LO in the post playing PF/Center. Just the role some of us say he should be playing on this team, funnily enough, and just the role some of you say he can't play because of foul trouble...he wasn't the one in foul trouble at the olympics though! Dude manned up and played through a stomach virus, too. The team just seemed to play better when he was on the floor, just like the Lakers do, for some intangible reason. Yes, the coaches were very impressed with him, and rightfully so. I think it's ridiculous he isn't on the current olympic squad. I mean Shawn Battier? (or however you spell his friggin name) :roll:

Last edited by karlmalonefan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

Owned! Nice post LJ! Regarding what is bolded above, it's also the reason he should have been invited to be on the current olympic team...imo.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject:

jmac78 wrote:
LucasWhite wrote:

maybe, he simply doesn't have what it takes to take over offensively...as what Phil Jackson said.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

SO it is OK for haters to bring up the past ... one hater even went so far as to try and falsify Odom's HIGH SCHOOL SAT scores ... but not OK for true Laker fans?

The depths of your narrow-minded bigotry are amazing and sad.

Last edited by NY_LakerFan on Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
eniq 0x00 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

Thanks and I know, but I still had to say it out loud. I can't believe the attitude of some on something that involves patriotism, just because you're mad about the Lakers. At the end of the day, we should all thank every Olympian, even those that come in dead last.

Hey, did you watch the summer Olympics the one before the last? There was a swimmer from a tiny country, which had just been invited for the first time ever to participate in the Olympics. They didn't have a real swimmer for the race and it was a distance race. They just had this guy willing to go out there and try. Anyway, he started swimming and as expected, he fell waaaayyyy behind the other swimmers - and I'm talking so far behind that there were literally minutes between when the 2nd to the last swimmer touched the wall and when he finally got there. He couldn't tell how far behind he had fallen, he only noticed that with every stroke, every lap, he could hear the crowd getting louder and louder. Fans were starting to cheer, then stand up, then just flat out howl for him as he got closer and closer to the wall. You could tell he was getting exhausted. He didn't have any real training and it was far and he just fell further and further back. Yet the crowd cheered and whistled and urged him on. They emplored him to continue. They were so clearly awed by his going out there in front of the entire world, just to try because it was his country's first time there and they needed a swimmer. He would later say that he thought he'd actually won the race, because the crowds cheers for him were so over-whelming. It was emotional and touching - and he, along with the crowd's appreciation for his effort and heart, really symbolized everything the Olympics are about.

It was something.
Great post LJ, it makes you sad to see the attitude of someone like Bode Miller after hearing a story like that, doesn't it. Some people just don't get it.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject:

astrallionheart wrote:
I have this suspicion that if Wade and Marion had started over Marbury and Jefferson (LBs love of "veterans"), they probably would've gone a lot further, probably even won the Gold.

Marbury and Jefferson looked like the two dead weights on the starting lineup.
What I remember is that Wade couldn't hit the broad side of the barn... I've still got those games on tape somewhere, I'm gonna have to go back and watch them to see how wade did.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
bounty wrote:
Olympic stats

SO it is OK for haters to bring up the past ... one hater even went so far as to try and falsify Odom's HIGH SCHOOL SAT scores ... but not OK for true Laker fans?

The depths of your narrow-minded bigotry are amazing and sad.

So what relevance does the olympics have to say.........................
REAL FREAKEN LIFE. Sure i'll bite. Lets trade LO to a team with
TD
Bron
AI
Wade etc.
Come on, Olympic stats High school stats How about PRO RESULTS, track record, WHAT WE FREAKEN SEE.
"true Laker fans" What, the guys/gals making excuses for an underachiving player at the expense of the TEAM. Nah, I'll take team, and how IT functions before I make excuses for a guy(s) taking up valuable cap space. Because unfortunately money well spent ususally dictates W and L's. Not that you care, as long as you can make excuses for your boy.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject:

Shameless...
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject:

Funny, how this thread started as someone simply asking for some stats and how a player was utilized... and all the typical little heel nippers come out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

JD wrote:
Funny, how this thread started as someone simply asking for some stats and how a player was utilized... and all the typical little heel nippers come out.

I'm glad you notice this.

It happens in virtually every thread.

First it was only on Odom. But now apart from Kobe it is just one big bashfest on every Laker representative (players, managers, officials etc)

A simple thread will be turned into a complete smear campaign.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: