a trade with Dallas in the off-season ( trade idea )
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Straining! Strain hater, strain!
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
:

[clipped]

Devin Harris, for Bryan Cook is improving yearly at 6-10 would be a good swap?

So we get shorter and, older?

Actually, I would do Devin Harris for Bryan Cook straight up in a heartbeat. Cook is improving but will always be a bench guy who is brought in for his shooting. He's a one-dimensional big who doesn't rebound or play D and isn't a super athelete - his upside is limited.

Devin has looked great this year and could be a possible starting guard for us for the next decade. He can pass, his shot is improving and he'd help us guard those pesky little PG's that keep destroying us.

Dallas would never do that swap in a hundred years. They would be robbing us in a Stackhouse/LO swap though, so this trade definitely isn't worth it.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Atleast i care about consistency unlike you!
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject:

Socks wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
:

[clipped]

Devin Harris, for Bryan Cook is improving yearly at 6-10 would be a good swap?

So we get shorter and, older?

Actually, I would do Devin Harris for Bryan Cook straight up in a heartbeat. Cook is improving but will always be a bench guy who is brought in for his shooting. He's a one-dimensional big who doesn't rebound or play D and isn't a super athelete - his upside is limited.

Devin has looked great this year and could be a possible starting guard for us for the next decade. He can pass, his shot is improving and he'd help us guard those pesky little PG's that keep destroying us.

Dallas would never do that swap in a hundred years. They would be robbing us in a Stackhouse/LO swap though, so this trade definitely isn't worth it.

I know, I know, I was just looking at the overall trade and, laughing at such a thing knowing that Cuban would'nt even consider doing such a deal. Harris is the reason the Mavs got rid of MVP Nash. That still may have been a bad idea... Should have put Harris and, Nash in the backcourt together. Terry could have been done without...
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Harris and Howard for Odom and Cook in a heartbeat
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Atleast i care about consistency unlike you!

And, you believe Stackhouse could provide that? What I believe is the issues on this team are being labled as "consistency vs inconsistency." That is just a an attempt to define the Lakers problems. It goes beyond that stupid overused term.

The Lakers haven't gelled as of yet obviously so, yeah consistency would be difficult. I got news for you, bringing in new players isn't going to address that consistency issue either. It will just change the names but, the problem will still be there. This team, and it's chemistry highs, and lows are what need to be adressed. You're so hell bent on the personnel issues that you're not even noticing what is taking place each game...
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Josh Howard for lamar odom in a heartbeat without even thinking
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

We heard you the first time...

Everybody give 40point maching a hand please so he can bow, and go away...
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

Question Shoes,

do you think Odom deserves getting 13M per year? you never had a knock on his consistency all you talk about is his rebound and his passes, i'm not sure what the problem is but you don't have to be blind to see what the real problem is with Lamar, but then again i'm talking to the same guy who said Consistency is overrated.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Question Shoes,

do you think Odom deserves getting 13M per year? you never had a knock on his consistency all you talk about is his rebound and his passes, i'm not sure what the problem is but you don't have to be blind to see what the real problem is with Lamar, but then again i'm talking to the same guy who said Consistency is overrated.

On a side note, he's only making $11.5 this year. Please continue bashing each other
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

DaggerInTheHeart wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:

Question Shoes,

You left out the word assist, and I'm sure you did that on purpose. Odom stuffs the stat sheet in every category but, scoring "enough points" for you is why your argument as with so many others is bogus.

Odom could be more agressive with his scoring, and leave the assist alone. In fact, him and Kobe maybe should be a two man team. I think that he is in the wrong role to right now because the rest of the cast is insconsistent when it comes to scoring, so Odom only gets hammered for trying to set em up. Only a few of us are paying attention to that. He should take a page out of Kobe's book and say (bleep) it. We need the points.

unlike you I don't ignore the fact that I've seen him in days gone by be a more productive scorer. I see what he is trying to do and, I respect it.

As this team improves if it does it is easy to see how valuable Odom will become. This is why I have patience for what will eventually come about... Certainly not for the reasons you've convinced yourself of...

As you can see Socks has already pointed out your other error and, LO is a triple threat player in this league on par with pretty much what he should get paid. His Value to you, and others has nothing to do with his value on the court....
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
You left out the word assist, and I'm sure you did that on purpose. Odom stuffs the stat sheet in every category but, scoring "enough points" for you is why your argument as with so many others is bogus.

I guess you did not read my post carefully i said passing aswell as rebounding passing leads to assists btw,....

my problem is you have no reason to praise on a guy who was suppose to be a 2nd option on this team,

heck we got Cook and even Mihm outscoreing him....

our problem is having a consistent scoreing option Shoes, thats why Kobe needs to score 50-60 points to make us have a chance to win/competive.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: