which kupchak move did you hate the most?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neverland Ranch Survivor
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: which kupchak move did you hate the most?

mine had to be when he traded jumaine jones for a (bleep) second round pick. he traded away our best role player BY FAR last season, then that same player proceeded to drop 31 points on us in a win while playing on one of the worst teams in the league. then afterward, pj shows his stupidity by making a comment about him not knowing how good JJ really was??? this is the same guy who praised JJ last season when he was on his vacation in austrailia for his hustle.

then jj shows his class afterwards by finding kobe and getting his shoes autographed by him.

i cant believe everyone on this board was saying preseason that george had more tri experiance, better defender, more athletic, etc.....

george blows.
roflwtflolomg
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject:

jj could actually hit shots, thats why i liked him
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject:

I can't think of one Mitch move i actually liked.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

I agree with you except for the part about George. He has been our best bench player, especially recently.

JJ was my favorite player on the team last season. He was a blue-collar player who brought a lot of heart and effort to the team. I was actually saying before he was traded that he would be our best backup PF, and I still stand by that.

When LO went down at the end of the season, JJ was consistently pulling down double-digits in rebounds. Then in the Summer he went to Pete Newell's Big Man Camp. I thought he would've been a great enforcer for us who could bang down low and still hit those rainbow 3's. He made some great hustle plays on defense too. And he's still young!

I honestly don't think we'll find a better, or even equal player with that 2nd round pick. So I guess you could say we downgraded with that move. Of course, we'll have to see who we get with that pick before judging.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject:

I agree with you, on the Jumaine Jones trade... As far as George is concerned, the jury is still out, in my own mind... I've gone through, I don't know, how many, ups and downs, with George... At his peak performance, I've compared George to a blossoming Shawn Marion... There are times, however, that I can't wait for a George trade.

During Fox's last 2 years, I recognized that George was as good, or better, than Fox... When George was given a big chance, however, and put in place of Fox, during our last championship year, against Sacto, George's performance just sank under the pressure... His game just mysteriously disappears.

Anyway, sorry to get off the track... I agree with your basic thoughts, about Jumaine.
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject:

I think Kwame needs to go to Pete Newell's Big Man Camp... Anything that will teach him to play like a bigman, consistently.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Trading Shaquille O'Neal for a bag of freakin peanuts. At least he could have demanded Wade.
Neverland Ranch Survivor
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

im my mind, george is husting these last 30 games to get another contract. what other reason is there? he just started playing hard out of the blue one day a couple of weeks ago. its no coincedence that he played this same stunt in his contract year last time. i hate the way he pulls up for jumpers on fast breaks, and how he runs across screens 1 foot inside the 3 point line and jacks up a shot, only for it to clank off the rim, and for the other team to get a long rebound and lead a fast break.
Klassix
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Neverland Ranch Survivor wrote:
im my mind, george is husting these last 30 games to get another contract. what other reason is there? he just started playing hard out of the blue one day a couple of weeks ago. its no coincedence that he played this same stunt in his contract year last time. i hate the way he pulls up for jumpers on fast breaks, and how he runs across screens 1 foot inside the 3 point line and jacks up a shot, only for it to clank off the rim, and for the other team to get a long rebound and lead a fast break.

I agree 100%
LakersSpirit
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
Trading Shaquille O'Neal for a bag of freakin peanuts. At least he could have demanded Wade.

You've just made me shift, like the wind... I guess, it just depends on what state of mind you're in... I remember thinking that Laker Management's biggest mistake may have been in not finding a way to keep Wade, after we had let Shaq go. They took Wade away, like taking candy from a baby!!...
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

LakersSpirit wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:

You've just made me shift, like the wind... I guess, it just depends on what state of mind you're in... I remember thinking that Laker Management's biggest mistake may have been in not finding a way to keep Wade, after we had let Shaq go. They took Wade away, like taking candy from a baby!!...

I just remember shopping shaq around like with Dallas anybody but Dirk and the same thing went for Miami anybody but Wade.

I would have like to see Haslem in the mix, then we wouldn't have gotten Kwame.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

selecting vujacic and not chris duhon...
and not trading shaq one year before...
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject:

which kupchak move did you hate the most?

when he moved into Jerry West's office - it's been pretty much downhill since then
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

JJ was cool and all, but George plays a little thing called "defense."

Clue in bro, and settle the heck down.
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

8750 wrote:
selecting vujacic and not chris duhon...
and not trading shaq one year before...

I wanted to trade Shaq after the 2003 season as well... value was MUCH higher

Jesus Christ, there are so many moves I hate....

How about the one where he didnt land Artest after he leased a frickin apt in Los Angeles

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject:

god. this is like a needle in a hay stack. , F u Mitch.F u Jim. F u Snaq.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: which kupchak move did you hate the most?

Neverland Ranch Survivor wrote:
mine had to be when he traded jumaine jones for a (bleep) second round pick. he traded away our best role player BY FAR last season, then that same player proceeded to drop 31 points on us in a win while playing on one of the worst teams in the league. then afterward, pj shows his stupidity by making a comment about him not knowing how good JJ really was??? this is the same guy who praised JJ last season when he was on his vacation in austrailia for his hustle.

then jj shows his class afterwards by finding kobe and getting his shoes autographed by him.

i cant believe everyone on this board was saying preseason that george had more tri experiance, better defender, more athletic, etc.....

george blows.

worse part of all is Phil didnt even give JJ a chance. After the Charlotte game Phil said he didnt know JJ was that good. He must of not watched last season where he was a really good 3 point shooter/hustler for us.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject:

Mitch breathing
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
I agree with you except for the part about George. He has been our best bench player, especially recently.

You must be kidding.

The Devean George move was classic Mitch Kupchak/Dr. Jerry Buss. Mitch didn't exercise his paltry team option at $1.4 million, which is chump change for any player. As a result, the Lakers lost George's Bird Rights, forcing them to use the entire Mid-Level Exception to re-sign him (which was badly overpaying Devean, but that's another post for another day). Brilliant huh? Still love that Devean re-signing?

By wasting the Mid-Level Exception on George, the front office lost out on the other unrestricted free agents that season, who all signed at the Mid-Level Exception for other teams. That list includes combo-guards like Chauncey Billups and Larry Hughes, both of which were much needed upgrades, or even Donyell Marshall if you wanted to upgrade the perpetually weak PF position. An opportunity lost, all for the sake of a miserable $1.4 million option.

Brilliant!
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject:

The worst move in my book, and he has had plenty, is the failure to add a veteran guard, Flip or someone, at the trading deadline knowing McKie wasns't coming back and if he did he couldn't help. He didn't help early when he was healthy so why would he help now. Cleveland got Flip for basically nothing and Mitch couldn't even do that despite Phil saying they needed a G.
B_P
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

The one move that Mitch made that still just doesn't make sense to me is asking Toronto to draft Kareem Rush over Tayshaun Prince.

Prince, a versitle, all-around, long-armed defensive-minded SF with a great handle and a high B-Ball IQ. He's from LA. He's a senior and had great coaching at Kentucky. He has all the required triangle skills. It's a no-brainer. We even worked him out and really liked him. Perfect fit.

But instead, Mitch wants the one-dimensional, streaky shooter, Kareem Rush. Not a strong ball handler. Not really known for his defense. Not even an athletic freak. But, because Mitch rated him as a possible lottery pick, and because he kept dropping down the draft boards, Mitch quickly forgets about Prince, and asks Toronto to take Rush.

uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject:

Shaq Trade
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

B_P wrote:
The one move that Mitch made that still just doesn't make sense to me is asking Toronto to draft Kareem Rush over Tayshaun Prince.

Prince, a versitle, all-around, long-armed defensive-minded SF with a great handle and a high B-Ball IQ. He's from LA. He's a senior and had great coaching at Kentucky. He has all the required triangle skills. It's a no-brainer. We even worked him out and really liked him. Perfect fit.

But instead, Mitch wants the one-dimensional, streaky shooter, Kareem Rush. Not a strong ball handler. Not really known for his defense. Not even an athletic freak. But, because Mitch rated him as a possible lottery pick, and because he kept dropping down the draft boards, Mitch quickly forgets about Prince, and asks Toronto to take Rush.

Pretty funny when you realize that we could have had two key starters (Billups, Prince) of the 2004 championship Detroit Pistons on our roster.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject:

Every time I read a thread like this, I remember how much I hate Mitch
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject:

Not trading Stay Puff to Utah for a second round draft pick. We would've choked to chickens with one hand. Lard ass would be hatin life living in Utah and we would've had instant cap-room to start re-building around Kobe. There might have even been a chance to get Kirilenko for Snaq O'meal.

Also giving Butler away for a free-agent stiff.

JJ was a tierrible trade. Just flat out gave him away.

Losing a lottery pick to Boston after he screwed over the Glove. Should've smoothed things out with GP - what was he thinking.

Actually now that I think about it, I pretty much hate everything about Mitch Buttcake.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: