What's our record since Laron Profit went down?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: What's our record since Laron Profit went down?

Since it's been pointed out that we in fact traded Caron for him and not for Kwame after all.

Cardom
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject:

we've been about the same, but we've been losing more close games vs. crappy teams. also, when he got injured we were getting more stable.
ishi331
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject:

Laron was our 6th man...then he got injured....just our luck.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: What's our record since Laron Profit went down?

Boybees wrote:
Since it's been pointed out that we in fact traded Caron for him and not for Kwame after all.

So this is the latest twisting of words? That we traded for Profit and not Kwame?

Does reading comprehension fail you?

Trade was for BOTH Kwame AND Laron.
mike_kb
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: What's our record since Laron Profit went down?

JD wrote:
Boybees wrote:

So this is the latest twisting of words? That we traded for Profit and not Kwame?

Dude, it was a joke.
skumbag
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

Laron out is hurting us big time IMO. A healthy Laron today would definitely not only run the tri better, but would alleviate some pressure from Kobe (as Laron was mimicking Kobe's role pretty well before Laron went down).
Exick
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

I was going to post this in JD's sticky thread, but I'll post it here instead. The Lakers are 2 games under .500 since his injury, and obviously 2 games over .500 before it. It's difficult to say what his impact would have been, but I sure would have liked to see him suited up.
Agar5
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

I don't think that is the way to look at it Boybees. Before Laron got injured he gave us valuable minutes that I don't think many people thought he would be able to contribute. Weren't people saying the Lakers were going to cut him before the season started. After a few games of seeing him in action I remember people on here were calling him Kobe's stunt devil or something like that.

I looked at our record with him in the line-up. 14-11. He would have had an impact on some of the games were we needed more energy.
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:

I think he would have made a difference against teams such as Portland, Boston and Atlanta. one more healthy body to have played could have meant a lot of difference in the close losses. That is why I wanted a veteran guard at the deadline instead of Slava. Flip proved last night you don't have to be a star to help a new team.
RYZ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject:

Look at it this way: Every minute Profit was on the floor was a minute Sasha was off of it.
jwbrown77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:

RYZ wrote:
Look at it this way: Every minute Profit was on the floor was a minute Sasha was off of it.

vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject:

I don't remember too many jarringly stupid losses before he went out, but there have definitely been some since. I don't think the record's been that greatly affected, but then I haven't looked at how tough the schedule was before and after. He was one of the smarter players on the floor and somebody I'd rather have on the floor in crunch-time over Smush and Sasha.

One thing I don't understand is asking a question that is assumed rhetorical, but elicits an ambiguous response, then putting a laughing smiley after it. Is that supposed to solidify the point? Can a point that wasn't made be solidified?
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject:

What is the record since kobe's 81????

You're right that the lost of Profit hurt. However, as the GM, shouldn't Kupcake make an effort to recognize this lost and try to address it???
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Who would of thought that Laron Profit was so important? I miss him he was actually a smart player who played defense. I was comforted when he still played because when he was on the floor and Kobe was one the bench I didn't realize that Kobe wasn't in the game. I was relaxed and at eased compared to now when I get so worked up.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Yah those 11 minutes, 4 pts half an assist and 2 boards has really killed us. Ever notice that Laker fans savior is the one guy hurt, or not signed?
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:

He's better than Sasha, Devin Green, Luke Walton, Kwame... need I go on. Yeah he didn't play a whole lot of minutes but I belive that he was still learning the triangle like these other guys and by now he would've been more productive.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
What is the record since kobe's 81????

You're right that the lost of Profit hurt. However, as the GM, shouldn't Kupchak make an effort to recognize this lost and try to address it???

With a 15-man roster, that's difficult to do.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject:

OdomX2 wrote:
Yah those 11 minutes, 4 pts half an assist and 2 boards has really killed us. Ever notice that Laker fans savior is the one guy hurt, or not signed?

I like how people (referring to nobody in particular) talk about the importance of intangibles and team chemistry, but when it comes down to it the only thing they care about is statistics. I also like how so many people agree we need a guard that plays solid defense and hits open shots, but discredit the loss of a player that fits that description.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject:

vkewalra wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

I like how people (referring to nobody in particular) talk about the importance of intangibles and team chemistry, but when it comes down to it the only thing they care about is statistics. I also like how so many people agree we need a guard that plays solid defense and hits open shots, but discredit the loss of a player that fits that description.

So true.
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject:

any chance at resigning him this offseason?

would most likely come cheap.

i'd like to see him in the p&g next year, he's already ahead of the curve with the tri.

DO IT MITCH!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Profit was the best backup SG we had in years. Ever in the Kobe starting at SG era.

And we had some interesting names.

Richmond
Rider
Rush

None of them showed me the same stability of the bench that Profit had. I hope he revovers 100% and we can give him a shot at TC to prove himself again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
maddprophet
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
He's better than Sasha, Devin Green, Luke Walton, Kwame... need I go on. Yeah he didn't play a whole lot of minutes but I belive that he was still learning the triangle like these other guys and by now he would've been more productive.

plus it was the first half of the season on a new team and a new system for profit. his contributions overall would only have gotten better.

as he got more and more comfortable, and as we realized more and more smush and sasha's deficiencies. laron would have become an even more important piece to our puzzle. he hadn't yet reached his full potential with this team.
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

vkewalra wrote:
OdomX2 wrote:

Are you kidding? Are you saying that Profit's 11 minutes has hurt team chemistry? Good grief. The problem with this team is LACK OF TALENT! Not chemistry or spacing or coaching. IT IS TALENT AND THE LACK THEREOF.
Boybees
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What's our record since Laron Profit went down?

JD wrote:
Boybees wrote:

Dude you take yourself way too seriously in your self-appointed role of the Enforcer and Disciplinarian of LG. Learn to laugh at yourself a bit, it'll help you.

I actually thought you made a great point by reminding us that the original trade was for a lot more than Kwame. We got a perfect role player in Profit, and his going down was a turning point in the season.
Bystander
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Profit wasn't that important on his own. It allowed Kobe to have rest without watching game going downhill.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: