LO to play for team USA after all
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Wade and Stoudemire should not be on that team. Wade lacks fundamentals and Stoudemire is a lousy rebounder and defender.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
Wade and Stoudemire should not be on that team. Wade lacks fundamentals and Stoudemire is a lousy rebounder and defender.

LOL so you think Lamar should be on the team and Amare and Wade not?

Lamar is not even close to those 2 players who are ALL STARS, not ROLE PLAYERS
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Yes this has been posted and it wasnt last night's performence it was because Redd and Rashard backed out.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:08 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

I don't see anything in his post that says anything about Lamar, one way or the other. Do you?

And having the most all stars and the fewest role players doesn't mean you are going to win. We should all have learned that lesson when Shaq, Kobe, Karl and Gary lost the championship to the Pistons.
critical_beatdown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:

This is pretty silly. Amare is a dominant inside player, scorer, rebounder, and shot blocker, and Dwyane is a very fundamentally sound (and unstoppable) penetrator, scorer, and mid-range shooter.

Coach K would love both of these guys, unlike other guys who go by the name "Shaq".

Lamar is a great piece on the roster too, no doubt, because he is so versatile in so many areas.

For those confused by the article, it doesn't make totally clear that the Olympic Team has 23 players, while the World Championship squad will only have 12. So those picked now are definitely on the Olympic team, but they will take a smaller squad to the World Championships before then.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject:

with Kobe on the team we have GOLD!!! just give Kobe all 25 medals
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject:

actually Dwayne Wade isn't as good as you think when it comes to international play, actually the last time he just sucked, he was called for traveling cause his game depends on taking the first step which isn't allowed in international play, LO on the other hand was the star of the team, so in international ball most coaches would take LO over Wade
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

First I think both Wade and Lamar are both good players. Both times they've played on the same team - Miami and the Olympic team, there is no doubt that Lamar outplayed Wade. Lamar was the best player on that Olympic team and without him they would not have even gotten the Bronze. Also, without him Miami would not have made the playoff run they did. Both Wade and Lamar deserve to be on the Olympic team...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

This doesn't mean Lamar is on the team. He is elected along with 22 other players that will be competing for a possible spot to be on the Beijing squad.
straylight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

wade is not built for international ball. He can't hit from outside (does anyone remember how devestating that was for the USA team?), he travels and palms alot (and can be neutralized by effective zone defenses) and his defense tends towards the overgambling side (as does kobe lately)

LO's lack of aggressiveness, while notable on the ego-maniac team of the last omplympics, will be a problem on this team. But the bigger problem will be hs lack of ability/desire to take the outside shot or attack. that was somethng of a problem for the Athens team, but Larry Brown is such a horrible coach that he didn't see it.

anyway, now that larry Brown isn't coaching I think we'll be significantly better. Especially since Kobe will listen to coach K.

I think Stoudemire relies a bit too much on athleticism for the international game, but he'll be okay.

-stray

`That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
kobenbynum wrote:

With Wade shooting .118 3pt% will not get it done in international play.
Palming, and traveling will not get it done either. Plus in the international league, they play defense, so his small body will not be able to take it to the whole.
Amare has many other more deserving bigs ahead of him.
LO doesnt play either of those positions, so in this case yes he does deserve to go more than they do.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

What hurt the USA team was they couldn't break a simple zones. Which showed me more than anything they didn't play team offense. Everyone knows that and thats why they have the roster they have for 2008. Also what was more of a suprise, was the lack of perimeter defense. It was suprising to see the difference between the other countries games.

In the US I think coaches here emphasize on taking it to the bucket which means looking for athletic individual players to play the game. What I saw from other coutries was there emphasizes of hitting jumpers. Team offense setting players up to have open shots.

To me us not able to hit a jumper and breaking simple zone defenses plus the fact that whatever we tried to do to other teams defensively seemed like it didn't work.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
What hurt the USA team was they couldn't break a simple zones. Which showed me more than anything they didn't play team offense. Everyone knows that and thats why they have the roster they have for 2008. Also what was more of a suprise, was the lack of perimeter defense. It was suprising to see the difference between the other countries games.

In the US I think coaches here emphasize on taking it to the bucket which means looking for athletic individual players to play the game. What I saw from other coutries was there emphasizes of hitting jumpers. Team offense setting players up to have open shots.

To me us not able to hit a jumper and breaking simple zone defenses plus the fact that whatever we tried to do to other teams defensively seemed like it didn't work.

I agree with you except for the coaches wanting them to take it to the bucket more. I really don't think the coaches want that increased anymore. I think its Nike, Rebok, Sprite, and ignorant ticket paying fans that what them to take it to hole more often.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject:

straylight wrote:
wade is not built for international ball ... and his defense tends towards the overgambling side (as does kobe lately)

Not really; Kobe has been picking his spots at gambling. Overgambling is gambling at each and every opportunity (which he does not). Wade doesn't always gamble, either.

^^ Farmar

angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject:

I hope LO's Team USA experience increases his confidence.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
A.I. was one of the Captians who was the other one, because I know there were 2.
I believe it was Duncan, wasn't it?
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
Lamar Odope being on this Olympic team = Christian Leatner in Barcelona
:roll: That's why he was the only member of the last olympic team chosen for the all olympic team, right?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: