Fisher with the block... Fisher blocks the shot again!!(Joel)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Fire him and Mitch too !
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Don't sweat the small stuff...you'll live longer.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Why is everyone hating on Joel all of a sudden?
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I don't have that much love for Joel either but you can tell he is a Lakers fan. He loves Kobe and the Lakers organization and that's something I value in him as an analyst.

Agree, even though he messes up calls...I respect the fact that he's a Lakers fan and gives respect to Stu.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Wow, a .500 team, and we want to fire the GM, the announcers, the coaches, trade 14 out of 15 players and sacrifice Jeanie to the Basketball Gods (she's still a virgin, right?). Why not sell them to Arte Moreno, move them to the pond, and call them the Mighty Los Angeles Lakers of Anaheim.

Or...let's not fire anyone, and just watch some games without pulling the trigger on some ridiculous move like Isiah freakin Thomas.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
Wow, a .500 team, and we want to fire the GM, the announcers, the coaches, trade 14 out of 15 players and sacrifice Jeanie to the Basketball Gods (she's still a virgin, right?). Why not sell them to Arte Moreno, move them to the pond, and call them the Mighty Los Angeles Lakers of Anaheim.

Or...let's not fire anyone, and just watch some games without pulling the trigger on some ridiculous move like Isiah freakin Thomas.
Steady Mobbin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ThePunisher wrote:
Steady Mobbin wrote:
Joel also said Derek Fisher & Lamar Odom were once teamates when they stated getting into at the end of the game.

No he didn't.

he sure did.
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I didnt like Joel before... but hes not that bad.... I mean, sunderland could never call the game right, but geez was he a fan! .. he would get me all hyped up!!!

Specially when ocho hit those two shots in 04 at the rose garden

OMG CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS OMG

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. How dare he make a mistake! Who does he think he is.....a human? Get over it.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

A couple more big losses, and you will see people here wanting the parking lot attendents and the peanut vendors fired too...
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
I don't have that much love for Joel either but you can tell he is a Lakers fan. He loves Kobe and the Lakers organization and that's something I value in him as an analyst.

Agree, even though he messes up calls...I respect the fact that he's a Lakers fan and gives respect to Stu.

Stu doesn't deserve respect. Chick carried him for all those years. Now that Chick is gone his poor commentary is exposed for what it is.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
A couple more big losses, and you will see people here wanting the parking lot attendents and the peanut vendors fired too...

DO IT, MITCH!
purplehaze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Spero Dedes is going to be the next TV play by play for the lakers.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

Stu doesn't deserve respect. Chick carried him for all those years. Now that Chick is gone his poor commentary is exposed for what it is.

I don't see how you can say this when there are annoucners like Bill Walton (who just makes dumb comments), John Tolbert (who only raves about how much better Sac is than L.A.) and Marv Albert (who also doesn't announce games but makes jokes about Fratello?
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I liked Sunderland to begin with.

Meyer's isn't all bad, but somehow he comes across as cheezy when
Sunderland didn't strike me that way.

Not sure about Speero cuz I watch League Pass.

But I agree I'm not sold on Meyers.

(OR THE WIRED SEGMENTS, UGH!)
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Spero is a monotonous bore but since he's only on the radio he can't effect my enjoyment of followong the Lakers. As for Joel's flaws, just remember Paul said something along the lines of "I grabbed myself.." commenting on how excited he was when Payton hit a 3 from the corner 2 years ago.

These are the Dark Ages for Laker fans, just about everyother decade it seems for the franchise. In time we will get better players and announcers but the timing is too soon after Chick and the 3-peat.
Coop_21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

What the hell?
This is a joke, right?
Stu might be corny at times with his make believe player dialog but he's knowledgable, fair and has shown an intelligence for the game that often has him making better decisions then the coaching staff.

And you are bring Chick into it...
Chick is the non replaceable legend, no doubt.
BUT during his last few season he was making more mistakes then Joel and had Stu there to correctly him subtly. Stu was the one carrying him and Paul.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Coop_21 wrote:
Quote:

What the hell?
This is a joke, right?
Stu might be corny at times with his make believe player dialog but he's knowledgable, fair and has shown an intelligence for the game that often has him making better decisions then the coaching staff.

BUT during his last few season he was making more mistakes then Joel and had Stu there to correctly him subtly. Stu was the one carrying him and Paul.

those last few chick years, stu took care of him with respect and nothing short of love. chicky would make some glaring mistake, and stu would just quietly clean it up. he was like the laker uncle, who at our thanksgiving, would reach over and wipe our grandfather's face when this once proud man was too old to realize he had food on his face.

stu doesn't deserve respect?! a more eroneous statement could not be uttered.
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I'm comfortable with Joel doing play-by-play, I'd rather listen to him and Stu than tune into ESPN, TNT or a different station broadcasting the Lakers. I think after a couple seasons we'll all accept him and be used to him.
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
Coop_21 wrote:
Quote:

What the hell?
This is a joke, right?

those last few chick years, stu took care of him with respect and nothing short of love. chicky would make some glaring mistake, and stu would just quietly clean it up. he was like the laker uncle, who at our thanksgiving, would reach over and wipe our grandfather's face when this once proud man was too old to realize he had food on his face.

Well said. I'm sick of these people complaining about every single thing. There isn't a better man for the job than Stu. Anyone who can't respect this guy is either 12 years old or an idiot. Or both.
TheRod
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
Coop_21 wrote:
Quote:

What the hell?
This is a joke, right?

Eloquently said my friend.
notWorthy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

I goota chime in on this.

Joel makes mistakes. Big deal. People really need to stop looking for every reason to cry about this team. Does every loss incite people to blame and complain about everyone and their mother? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

Spero has really improved in half a year. I very much prefer his technical calling of games. While it lacks in colorful language, it gives me a good idea of how well everyone is performing.

Stu is really starting to synch up with Joel. After having to fumble and stumble with Sunderland, his commentary has really found its stride. I really like how he says what players and the coaching staff *should* be doing and that he point out screw-ups by everyone.

What I don't like about Joel and Stu is how, more often than not, they are too quick to praise the opposition. I mean they hardly every have anything bad to say about them. I just feel that they're too polite to the opponents.

Don't get me started on Thompson. I'll just say I used to be a fan.

One last thing about Chick. He was an anomaly. Not only was he great, he lasted far longer than most could, would or should. No one will ever meet the expectations left by his legacy. But, you'll get many, many chances to gripe about his successors in the decades to come.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
What I don't like about Joel and Stu is how, more often than not, they are too quick to praise the opposition. I mean they hardly every have anything bad to say about them. I just feel that they're too polite to the opponents.

This is exactly what I'm talking about with Stu. He also has the refs back on every call no matter how bad it was and he always says "another uncontested shot" when a Laker was clearly challanging the shot.

I expect the commentator to root for the team at least a little bit and not to praise the opponants and the bad calls by the refs.

Also I don't know how many times this has to be said by how many posters on this board but Bill Waltons comments are sarcasim.

In other words he doesn't mean most of what he says.

In other words he is joking.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:

Stu's been with the organization for a while now, and he doesn't deserve respect??? He's no Chick, but he had Chick's back and has a lot of class. Yeah people might think he backs up the other teams and the refs a little too much, but he's doing his job. A commentator isn't suppose to show any bias while commentating. Stu deserves A LOT of respect....props to Stu!
Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
A commentator isn't suppose to show any bias while commentating.

*snort* I wonder how Johnny Most lasted so long.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: