Wade Vs. Bryant
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is Dwayne Wade better than Kobe Bryant
Yes
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
No
29%
 29%  [ 25 ]
In a Few years he will be
4%
 4%  [ 4 ]
NEVER
61%
 61%  [ 52 ]
Total Votes : 85

LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Wade Vs. Bryant

Im hearing arguments as of late that Dwayne Wade is as good if not better than Kobe Bryant! Arguments stating that Wade is not the NExt MJ but something better and in a class all on his own.

Wade made it to the playoffs with Caron, Odom, and Grant (w/out Shaq).

Vs. Bryant... Wade is averaging better numbers in each category except scoring.

I of course believe Bryant is better than Wade simply becuase he has that killer instinct and Competitive Drive that I dont see in Wade. Not just being a ball hog but he has a drive to be the best and give the best under any circumstance. Is Bryant image tarnished beyond repair? I would have to say Yes. He will be hated throughout his career which is pretty sad however, Hate is what drives Bryant to be better than Dwayne Wade.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Wade Vs. Bryant

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
Im hearing arguments as of late that Dwayne Wade is as good if not better than Kobe Bryant! Arguments stating that Wade is not the NExt MJ but something better and in a class all on his own.

Wade made it to the playoffs with Caron, Odom, and Grant (w/out Shaq).

Vs. Bryant... Wade is averaging better numbers in each category except scoring.

I of course believe Bryant is better than Wade simply becuase he has that killer instinct and Competitive Drive that I dont see in Wade. Not just being a ball hog but he has a drive to be the best and give the best under any circumstance. Is Bryant image tarnished beyond repair? I would have to say Yes. He will be hated throughout his career which is pretty sad however, Hate is what drives Bryant to be better than Dwayne Wade.

Where have you heard this?? I havent heard anyone say that this year.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

from the so-called laker fans that i meet when i go to the games!!! it really upsets me when fans think this way
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:

your in a laker forum...just giving you a heads up.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
your in a laker forum...just giving you a heads up.

im hoping for at least one non biased post
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

umm can i get a link too the crackheads that came up with this ? Wade isnt in the same universe as kobe right now, his offensive arsenal cant match kobe's, he has no range if that didnt take him out of the comparisons, and its hard to imagine at his lower height defensively he's ever going to be able too be as good as kobe matching up at the 2 guard slot, but maybe one day he could be i guess but not right now, his game still needs work.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

what's the point of even putting something like this up in LG? Like an objective debate could actually take place.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
umm can i get a link too the crackheads

those crackheads are our very own lakerfans that sit in the 200 and 300 section of staples center. Some of those seats are season ticket holders but these people buy em online or through their own friends network
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

ugh, seriously dude what kind of responses do you expect?

tell your friends that the team wade had played in the weak ass east. tell him that back then brain grant could still play. tell him that back then odom looked like he cared while on the court.
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

^^^ ANyone that thinks Wade is better than Bryant are not my friends!!!
mm708
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Wade has no jump shot and is not the athlete Kobe is. I think he is overrated. Hoopshype.com had him as one of the 60 greatest players, he was ranked higher than Kobe, Duncan, and Garnett.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

wow, in staples people are saying this? I mean a bron vs. kobe debate would get more object comments, but kobe vs. wade is out of the blue. Wade now in his 3rd year , still have an obvious weakness, absolute no 3 point shoot, i honestly thought that would something we would slowly see getting better but he has completly abandoned the shoot all together. Lebron on the other hand has vastly improved his touch from mid range all the way too 3 point range. Ill debate a lebron vs. Kobe topic more than a wade vs. kobe. Even though their both pretty laughable at this point, too where all the media gives it up to kobe hands down, no wonder the lakers are taking their time too improve, look what goes on in our arena
smoothCbutla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

this is a bad place for a Wade vs Bron debate too tho cuz Wade plays with Shaq and Lebron kisses kobe's booty through the media

I still say Wade will be the best perimeter player in the league after Kobe declines. He has more drive than Lebron to rip a team's throat out on his own at the end of a game.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
wow, in staples people are saying this? I mean a bron vs. kobe debate would get more object comments, but kobe vs. wade is out of the blue. Wade now in his 3rd year , still have an obvious weakness, absolute no 3 point shoot, i honestly thought that would something we would slowly see getting better but he has completly abandoned the shoot all together. Lebron on the other hand has vastly improved his touch from mid range all the way too 3 point range. Ill debate a lebron vs. Kobe topic more than a wade vs. kobe. Even though their both pretty laughable at this point, too where all the media gives it up to kobe hands down, no wonder the lakers are taking their time too improve, look what goes on in our arena

seriously!! I like constructive criticism at least back it with facts... I wanted to puch the lights out on some of these people!!! Oh I forgot! Every home game I went to this year the Lakers lost. and I have been to 9 home games this year and Lakers only won one So I stopped going to home games becuase I thought I was bad luck to them
KobeFTW
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

i cant stop laughing
Tracy McGrady, the player closest to matching Kobe in pure individual ability, was 'no picnic to deal with either. I heard that every time someone says 'get back on defense,' his back hurts. "the last season'-Phil Jackson
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Have faith , its our team, were jus that bad.
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Kobe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LBJ>>>>>>>>>>A few others>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wade.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Wade is almost at Kobe's level. In a few years maybe 1 or 2 he will be better.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject:

why start this kind of poll in a Lakers fan site ?
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

This question is laughable. Yeah, Wade is good but lets not get carried away.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Wade is good, maybe even close to really good but Kobe is great. The level of really good and great is so far apart.

Bryant>>>>>>>Wade
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Comparing Wade to Kobe is not fair for Wade, he's really good tho ( better than Bron and Melo specially when it matters most )
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject:

There's no doubt Dwayne Wade is a better passer than Kobe. I also think he is better at getting to the line. For what ever reason Kobe doesn't attack the rack as much anymore. But no matter what others say, Kobe is a better overall offensive player (perimeter by far, post up by far, penetration about the same). As far as defense, I maintain Kobe is a better defensive player b/c of his size. He is longer and taller than Wade and that gives Kobe the edge. But the biggest advantage is Kobe's work ethic, determination, and killer instinct, in fact that's what separates him from everyplayer in the league!
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject:

It's true that Wade does not have the overall skills that Kobe has, but he's still been able to close the gap with his raw talent. The man is averaging 27 a game while shooting 50%! Then he dishes out 7 assists and grabs 6 boards on top of that. That's just unreal. Even Kobe didn't do that with Shaq in his prime.

I don't think anyone in this league is on Kobe's level as far as skills go, but I think Wade plays a smarter game and gets the most out of the skills he has. Kobe has all the same skills and MORE, but at times he doesn't use them the right way. This season I can't blame him because of the scrubs around him, but at the same age as Wade, his shot selection wasn't nearly as good.

Go ahead, let the bashing begin.

P.S. I voted no.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

In addition, Kobe doesn't throw himself on the ground everytime he makes contact with the defense, like that stupid commericial.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: