Wow, Ronnie Nunn says Kobe's "foul" on PP shouldn't have been called...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Wow, Ronnie Nunn says Kobe's "foul" on PP shouldn't have been called...

I guess this was aired earlier this week but it was just on NBA TV's "you make the call". He even praised Kobe's recovery for the block. What a terrible way to lose a game
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Ronnie Nunn on Kobe's foul call against Pierce...

"Bottom line -- not a foul."

Even said it was a nice block.

Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

There needs to be instant replay on game-deciding calls like that. Such BS....
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, but the Lakers deserved to lose for not putting the clamps on that sorry excuse for a team. I hate to say it but they deserved to lose.
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject:

I guess this means we're even, as earlier in the year when we were at Utah Kobe pulled on over on the officials to get a foul called sending him to the line which sent the game to over time.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject:

The Mike wrote:
I guess this means we're even, as earlier in the year when we were at Utah Kobe pulled on over on the officials to get a foul called sending him to the line which sent the game to over time.

Wow! I almost completely forgot about that. It seemed like so long ago.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I've always thought that complaining about the refs was for losers. We're not Queens fans.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject:

TheQuestForSeventeen wrote:
I've always thought that complaining about the refs was for losers. We're not Queens fans.

You kidding me? Guess you haven't followed this board long enough. I hate to say it but LG is full of whiners. There are members here who have not accepted the fact that the Spurs and Pistons have been better than us for the past few years. Calling the Spurs the "Sterns" and such. Saying we got robbed against the Pistons when they flat out kicked our butts.

The Celtics suck and for us to come out like we did in the 3rd quarter and put ourselves in that situation where the refs decided the game, WE DESERVE TO LOSE.
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 you call yourself a Lakers fan? Anyone who knows basketball knows the Pistons didn't win crap in 2004, it was handed to them with a pretty bow on top.
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Wouldnt it be great if we got video footage of that play with Phils reaction to the call afterward

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
minervafilms
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject:

LA4Life wrote:
Runway8 you call yourself a Lakers fan? Anyone who knows basketball knows the Pistons didn't win crap in 2004, it was handed to them with a pretty bow on top.

You couldn't be more wrong. The refs did absolutely nothing to affect that series. The Pistons dismantled the Lakers fair and square. You're in a minority of one to think anything else.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

If we get down to the end of the year and the Lakers miss the playoffs by one game, it isn't because of this call. The truth is, the playoffs would save some face, but they should be clamping down games at the end more. If Kobe's killer instinct would rub off on some of these guys, the Lakers could be a force in the playoffs. As for the call itself, I'm shocked you'd call it, but they need to overcome this kind of a call, or not be in that situation in the first place.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

So much for the equal opportunity bashing of Kobe for making a boneheaded play at the end of the game. The real boneheads remain Lamar Odom and William "Smush" Parker. The sooner we get intelligent replacements for these two, who play vital roles for us, the better.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

LA4Life wrote:

No...they outplayed us...

Sorry to offend but all homerism aside, we didn't do CRAP to take the title...
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

minervafilms wrote:
LA4Life wrote:

You couldn't be more wrong. The refs did absolutely nothing to affect that series. The Pistons dismantled the Lakers fair and square. You're in a minority of one to think anything else.

Good joke.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LA4Life wrote:

If homerism means not turning a blind eye to an obvious fix by the refs then sign me up for it as well. The refs and the NBA gift wrapped that championship for the Pistons.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

The Mike wrote:

What are you? Some bitter Utah fan? Just because one call is missed (which it wasn't-Kobe was undercut) doesn't mean another one should be ignored. The ref (on the show) spoke in favor of Kobe, and that is that. Deal with it!

^^ Farmar

LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers won tonight against Detroit the best team in basketball, imo, inspite of 4 blatantly bad calls by the refs tonight. The foul on Kobe for charging was bad at the end of the first. The foul on Mihm under our basket when Mihm was being held was terrible. Two calls on Lamar were particularily bad one a foul and the other an out of bounds call the wrong way.

Those calls were all at critical junctures thus the Lakers would have won by a much wider margin if not for those calls.

Btw, for those that want to call me a "whiner" I'm not whining... Just tellling it like it is.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

You kidding me? Guess you haven't followed this board long enough. I hate to say it but LG is full of whiners. There are members here who have not accepted the fact that the Spurs and Pistons have been better than us for the past few years. Calling the Spurs the "Sterns" and such. Saying we got robbed against the Pistons when they flat out kicked our butts.

The Celtics suck and for us to come out like we did in the 3rd quarter and put ourselves in that situation where the refs decided the game, WE DESERVE TO LOSE.

You're definitely right on all accounts. I suppose I should just speak for myself, and I feel like complaining about the refs is for losers.

Also, anyone who thinks that we didn't have our asses handed to us by the Pistons in the Finals is terribly dillusional. If we would have played them 10 times, we would have lost 8. On top of that what exactly did the league have to gain by giving a title to a glamorless, defensive oriented team with no "stars" like the Pistons instead of perpetuating a dynasty that was a proven moneymaker with two of the biggest stars in basketball? We got WHOOPED in that series. Take it in stride and stop lying to yourselves.

Tonight sure felt damn good though.
LakerJosh
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

You're definitely right on all accounts. I suppose I should just speak for myself, and I feel like complaining about the refs is for losers.

Also, anyone who thinks that we didn't have our asses handed to us by the Pistons in the Finals is terribly dillusional. If we would have played them 10 times, we would have lost 8. On top of that what exactly did the league have to gain by giving a title to a glamorless, defensive oriented team with no "stars" like the Pistons instead of perpetuating a dynasty that was a proven moneymaker with two of the biggest stars in basketball? We got WHOOPED in that series. Take it in stride and stop lying to yourselves.

Tonight sure felt damn good though.

While we did get beat in that series, I don't know it it was 100% fair and square. I mean, there was serioiusly a foul called every 30 seconds at certain points. I mean, we played terribly but they were definately giving detroid the benefit of the doubt.
Manu
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject:

You win some you lose some. You get some calls and you don't get others. The characteristic of a good team is that the calls won't ever matter. So maybe we got screwed out of a W, I am sure (as some people point to Utah) we've screwed some teams out of their own.

The fact is, if we played GOOD basketball and as a good team, those calls wouldn't matter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

The Mike wrote:

Negatory, man. That was a make-up call for the phantom foul on Matt Harpring on the play prior. They still owe us one.
LakeLakeLake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LA4Life wrote:

If homerism means not turning a blind eye to an obvious fix by the refs then sign me up for it as well. The refs and the NBA gift wrapped that championship for the Pistons.

Oh yeah, the refs were the only reason Kobe was 19-59 and Payton was 7-21 from the field the last three games combined. And the refs were also the only reason Shaq wasn't dominant and was shooting a pathetic 10-29 from the line (ouch!) for the last three games combined...

And we should not forget that it was a ref who injured Malone (you couldn't see it on tv cause there's a conspiracy going on).

Last edited by LakeLakeLake on Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

That obviously wasn't a foul. Re-plays showed Kobe peirced Peirces jersey with his hand - pun intended. Last time I checked you cannot foul a jersey.

The funny thing is, I was argueing with at least half of you guys in here (Supposed Laker fans) about whether that was a foul. Many of you were bashing Kobe and blaming him for the loss. Eat Crow Beeatchs'- you know who you are.
vkewalra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Here's the thread full of whining about Kobe's "rookie" move. As if players are supposed to play defense based on what they guess is how referees' calls are deviating from the rules they were taught to referee.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=19008&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: