Exile Sasha (to the NBDL)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Exile Sasha (to the NBDL)

Garbage, garbage, garbage.

Airball; brick, brick.

Chauncey is using him like a ten dollar ho.

I would trade him for a dirty pair of socks.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

calm down! he made that winning shot @ Utah.
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Can't shoot, can't defend. What a waste of roster.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Just too big of a liability to have him out there against a tier one team!
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
calm down! he made that winning shot @ Utah.

I hope you are being sarcastic...

because I am tired of the Sasha faithful pinning everything on one shot.

My eight year old (a phenom in his age group) scrimmaged a bunch with the local High School JV team during winter break, and hit shots on them too. It doesn't mean he actually belongs on the team...

Same thing with Sasha. Fine; he makes a play here, a play there; one time hits a big shot. There are community college players who could do it too, but on balance, they would be a nightmare pretty much night in and night out. Just like Sasha...
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject:

relax, billups burns most of the league's point guards. theirs a reason why hes a mvp canidiate you know.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Billups is shooting out of his ass as well... Only God could stop that...

Sasha at this point does needs some NBDL time though, because if he just can't relax in a game situation Jax has to at least suggest to Sasha that he would like to send him down for a couple of weeks. That in itself may calm his ass down. From what we are hearing about Sasha in practice that has to be nerves...
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject:

He sucks. Can't shoot, can't defend, can't even dribble against pressure. He should be in the NBDL with Wafer...
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Vuyasuck needs to go back to where the ladies like growing leg/armpit hair...

Jake Speed, 1986
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

...are you kidding? Zero, I repeat ZERO of Billups' shots were him beating Sasha. CB just rose above Sasha and hit 3-pointers. If Sasha was any closer, Billups would have just hit Vujacic going up and would have gotten three free throws. It's hard to stop a guy who is on fire from 3-point land, just getting great height on his jumpers. We've seen Kobe do this to defenders quite often.

Los Angeles Lakers 115, Orlando Magic 104 FINAL/Overtime

Kobe Bryant - 38 Points, 4 Assists, 3 Rebounds, 2 Steals, 1 NEW FAN
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:

LOL game over
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
...are you kidding? Zero, I repeat ZERO of Billups' shots were him beating Sasha. CB just rose above Sasha and hit 3-pointers. If Sasha was any closer, Billups would have just hit Vujacic going up and would have gotten three free throws. It's hard to stop a guy who is on fire from 3-point land, just getting great height on his jumpers. We've seen Kobe do this to defenders quite often.

I haven't seen Kobe airball very many wide open three-pointers...
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

We're not comparing Sasha and Kobe...we're comparing Kobe and Billups...read before you type.

Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

Sasha beats himself. One of those jumpers was Sasha, forgetting basic defensive stance, angling his body to the side, putting one hand out thoat level, and just keeping it there while Chauncey then elevated up over him; he didn't even react; he was so poorly positioned that Chauncey could have just as easily blown by him. I rewound it and replayed it in slow motion to show my kid a perfect example of what terrible defensive posture looks like...

Last edited by Tony Montana on Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

We're not comparing Sasha and Kobe...we're comparing Kobe and Billups...read before you type.

Thanks for the heads up, literary police

That said, I was making a different point, but that transition was lost on you, so:
to put it more simply, so that you won't be so offended:
Sasha cannot hit a toughly defended shot like EITHER Kobe or Chauncey; to make matters worse, he cannot even hit a wide open shot. I don't expect him to necessarily be able to raise up like Kobe or Chauncey, but I expect a decent looking open shot.

I'll try real hard to read before I type next time, genius. Even if I don't, it doesn't change the fact that Sasha is garbage.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

That said, I was making a different point, but that transition was lost on you, so:
Sasha cannot hit a toughly defended shot like EITHER Kobe or Chauncey; to make matters worse, he cannot even hit a wide open shot. I don't expect him to necessarily be able to raise up like Kobe or Chauncey, but I expect a decent looking open shot.

I'll try real hard to read before I type next time, genius. Even if I don't, it doesn't change the fact that Sasha is garbage.

Who said I would be offended? You know what happens when you ASSUME...

Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

Who said I would be offended? You know what happens when you ASSUME...

kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

wow

if only we played like this all the time
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
Gr8testEver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

No Sasha = 18-0 run for us
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Unbelievable. Now we have haters starting idiotic threads after every MISSED SHOT. It was bad enough when you all felt the need to puke your venum when we lost a game but now you do it after someone misses a shot???!!!???

Jesus ... go home to Texas and give Duncan a BJ will ya.
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Oh ... and TM. I hope your kid has a good coach ... he clearly is not learning any basketball knowledge from you.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
Unbelievable. Now we have haters starting idiotic threads after every MISSED SHOT. It was bad enough when you all felt the need to puke your venum when we lost a game but now you do it after someone misses a shot???!!!???

Jesus ... go home to Texas and give Duncan a BJ will ya.

I have been starting threads on Sasha ALL SEASON; not just after one play. It was his whole stretch of poor play that was a perfect example of what I have been trying to say.

Oh and your last little cute line there: Real charming. Full of class :roll:
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Just_Looking wrote:
Oh ... and TM. I hope your kid has a good coach ... he clearly is not learning any basketball knowledge from you.

Oooh, nice personal attack involving someone's kid. You are clearly intellectually heads and shoulders above the rest...

Just to answer your attack...
I AM my kids coach. My kid is eight, and is the starting point guard in league against 10-11 year olds.
So, he's not learning anything from me....
None other than Kobe Bryant thought differently when he watched my kid run the point a few months back (but that's another {long} story). I'll take his compliment over a bitter stranger's personal jibe any day
NY_LakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Tony Montana wrote:
Just_Looking wrote:

Oooh, nice personal attack involving someone's kid. You are clearly intellectually heads and shoulders above the rest...

Just to answer your attack...
I AM my kids coach. My kid is eight, and is the starting point guard in league against 10-11 year olds.
So, he's not learning anything from me....
None other than Kobe Bryant thought differently when he watched my kid run the point a few months back (but that's another {long} story). I'll take his compliment over a bitter stranger's personal jibe any day

If you don't want your kid part of the discussion then don't be idiotic enough to bring him into it.

As to coaching ... don't flatter yourself. As a former college player (albeit not at div 1) who has coached from youth leagues through High School, I've watched far too many promising young players ruined by having their father coach them at an early age. I've had to bench players for following their father's poor advice.

And please ... stories about Kobe praising your son does not give you any more credibility even IF true.

As to your own personal basketball knowledge ... statements such as "Sasha is garbage" betrays your ignorance. Sasha's mistakes have all been those of youth and over enthusiasm. Claiming he has no ability or doesn't belong in the NBA further proves your ignorance. None other than your own BS claim to fame, Kobe sees the talent in Sasha. As does Phil Jackson. Although in your own mind I am certain you think yourself a better "coach". As a real coach, I'll take someone with Sasha's work ethic and desire to improve anyday over the prima donna who thinks they already know it all.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: