And... Thank you Rasheed Wallace for facillitating that win!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: And... Thank you Rasheed Wallace for facillitating that win!

On these occassions I'm reminded of Rip City Robert constantly wondering why Sheed thinks he should take that shot

Sheed took them right out of that game and, he deserves the game ball!

From the Lakers that is!

Last edited by THE_SHOES on Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject:

good call... he shot them right out of it in the 4th...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject:

THE KEY TO BEATING THE PISTONS IS THROUGH RASHEED
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

Man, I thought he was gonna light it up all night too!!!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject:

Kwame made it to rough for the fool under the hoop so, Sheed headed for the perimeter, and had a relapse back to his Portland days! Bingo! Here come those missle like shots flying off the rim right into the arms of a waiting Laker!

If Sheed would have had an ounce of sense, he would have looked to set up Billups who was losing his mind out there at one point...
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

What killed Sheed was that in the 2nd-half he was shooting fading
three-pointers. My buddies and I kept mentioning it in that 2nd half when
we'd see him do it.

In the first half his form was better.

Not sure if he was just rushing things or we'd gotten in his head on D, etc.

But I'll drop him a thank-you card too
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject:

Rasheed clanking shot after shot in the 4th quarter reminded me of Game 7 in 2000 in the 4th q
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject:

This game took me back to Game 7 of the WCF - go Rasheed!~

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject:

Piston fans are quite mad with Sheed as well, he really falls in love with that three pointer.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject:

You live by the jumper. You die by the jumper.
kells1220
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

Sheed was lignting the Lakers up in the first half. Luckily, he didn't keep it up. It disrupted the Piston's rhythm
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject:

You know something though.

Rasheed ussually has way more of a post game than he showed last night. I have to give Kwame credit for that.

We didn't double Rasheed and also didn't give up too many points in the paint. Credit must go to Kwame bigtime for defending Rasheed and crashing the boards.

If Kwame can just have 25-30 games a year like that, I will be satisfied with him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject:

What I like about Kwame is his ability to tire opposing power players. When they put him on Yao Ming, he also became less effective late in the game. Not every good thing shows up on the stat sheets. Big bodies with quickness are valuable. Cook also merits outside coverage.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject:

kells1220 wrote:
Sheed was lignting the Lakers up in the first half. Luckily, he didn't keep it up. It disrupted the Piston's rhythm
That's cuz Phil finally put Kwame on him. He shut him down. Watching Kwame last night, and I'd noticed it in previous games too, he has an uncanny ability to anticipate what the person is going to do, if he is really focused. It seems he bodies them up and usually stays with them until they throw up a bad shot or pass the ball. Kwame did a great job last night! Keep it up Kwame! Your offense will come, concentrate on defense and rebounding, take pride in that.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Rasheed doesn't dominate in the post unless it's against Duncan. Most of the time he camps outside and launches jumpers.

Last edited by Supa on Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
Rasheed clanking shot after shot in the 4th quarter reminded me of Game 7 in 2000 in the 4th q
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Rasheed only gets hot for a certain amount of time. Once he believes he's hot he will keep jacking up shots. Antoine Walker is the same way. Great effort by the Lakers on this win. I hope they continue this aggressive play. That is how we could become a better team. Consistency and aggresiveness.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject:

The thing is the guy can get pretty hot.... when he's wide open. If you start rushing him or putting hands in his face he will miss.
KB8LJ23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Getting Prince the ball and having him jack up shots too. Don't forget about that. Prince is not a good shooter by any stretch so you get these two guys and ben wallace the ball a lot more than Billups and Rip and you got yourself a win against the pistons. To me those are the weakest links on that team. Mostly cause Rasheed will shoot a lot. Prince is a good defender but hes slow and you can blow by him. Also, he doesn't have a lot of range. He will make some. But even atkins showed us that people are bound to make some shots. Also, ben wallace is a defenseive force but a scorer he is not. That is the way to beat the pistons.

On a side note. Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown always play Ben tough. Both the games they were basically getting points easily over Big Ben. Especially, chris mihm. Kwame needs to learn to catch the ball. Excellent game by the Lakers. Keep it up!
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject:

just as long as you keep rasheed from the low block where he can back his man down and use his turnaround j you'll be alright..
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
just as long as you keep rasheed from the low block where he can back his man down and use his turnaround j you'll be alright..

Isn't that the truth?! Remember in the first episode of the Bling Bling when AC Green in hopeless futility tried to stop Sheed in the low post?
Oooooohhh was that scary. The Blazers just kept feeding into Sheed who would just move AC off the block almost everytime, and was straight money!

The following year... Enter Horace Grant... Sheeds days of domination on the block... Over!

It was after that season that Sheed fell in love with the jumper as he knew Ho wouldn't come all the way out to the arc to put the clamps on his ass... What he didn't anticipate was that Robert Horry would!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: