Unsung hero? Kwame Brown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Rasheed was raping Cook. Some of it was him getting cold, but a lot of it was Kwame not allowing him to more than shoot jumpers.

And the rebounding.

Kwame just needs to bring that sort of Dennis Rodman type of game every night.

Maybe Turiaf is rubbing off on the guy?

IF HE IS....LOOK OUT LEAGUE!!!!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject:

You gotta give it up for the guy's defense. He's stepped up and played solid defense against some of the best low-post players in the league: Sheed, Shaq, Yao, and KG.

Final exam coming up on Monday Mr. Brown.
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Unsung hero? Kwame Brown

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Without his defense on Rasheed and boards the Lakers do not match Detroit's frontline.

Well by that I mean they get dominated.

The best lineup was that 4th qtr one with Kwame/Odom/George/Bryant/Parker. I have wanted that line to start earlier in the season.

Anyway, we are all really hard on Kwame. Time to give the guy his well deserved props - even though it's one game. It's the type of game that shows why his size and athleticism alone is worth the gamble.

Good post Wolf. Kwame did a good job on defense and boards. Hopefully he can keep it up.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

Bring it Kwame and keep bringing it!

Sigh if he could AVERAGE 10+boards a NIGHT!
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

Shapecity wrote:
Quote:

Kwame has been good against the premiere PFs in the league. He just needs to play with the same intensity against some of the mediocre ones.

One could say the same thing about the Laker team in general as far as getting up for games against mediocre opposition.

It seems the Lakers have trouble getting up for poorer teams in the NBA and tend to lose games which should have been wins.

Hmmm... Could there be a relationship here...

Could it be... As Kwame goes, so go the Lakers.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject:

NestT wrote:
Did you see Rasheed go one on one against Kwame in the post expecting a double team?

No dice Beeahtch!

No double, no team defensive collapse and no points for Rasheed.

So true. Kwame was smothering him in the post. I'm talking to my big screen... no double! no double! no double!
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject:

Kwame straight out manhandled Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyse (the original Amare Stoudemire) tonight.

I wrote a scathing review of this guy last week and night's like tonight make me happy to be wrong.

He played with energy and focus.

Hopefully this happens for the rest of his career.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:44 am    Post subject:

Money$hot! wrote:
Kwamaki's hands of stone cost us 8 points easy ...

Stop making (bleep) up. The fact that you equate Samaki with Kwame just kills your credibility.

^^ Farmar

lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Rasheed was raping Cook. Some of it was him getting cold, but a lot of it was Kwame not allowing him to more than shoot jumpers.

And the rebounding.

Kwame just needs to bring that sort of Dennis Rodman type of game every night.

Maybe Turiaf is rubbing off on the guy?

You nail it. You can see Turiaf and Kwame before the game doing the hustle.
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:

The guy played great post defense last night and grabbed 12 rebounds. I've got to give him credit for his play on the defensive end of the floor.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:

I still think trading Caron for this guy was a good move.

Are you serious ?
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:44 am    Post subject:

If he could play like that every game, we don't need his offense. But man if he ever developed to be an offensive, then .
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:

Kwame single-handedly outrebounded the Wallace Bros. That is amazing!
Flight
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
shnjb wrote:

I still think trading Caron for this guy was a good move.

Are you serious ?

I agree with shnjb.
Panthas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject:

LA_Lakers_Rule wrote:
Shapecity wrote:
Quote:

Kwame has been good against the premiere PFs in the league. He just needs to play with the same intensity against some of the mediocre ones.

One could say the same thing about the Laker team in general as far as getting up for games against mediocre opposition.

It seems the Lakers have trouble getting up for poorer teams in the NBA and tend to lose games which should have been wins.

Hmmm... Could there be a relationship here...

Could it be... As Kwame goes, so go the Lakers.

I said that in the begining of the year, If kwame can pull it together and be the big man (not by scoring, cuz that will come, but in boards and defense) he will make it easy for Odom to play his game.
JimmyPage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

The key for Kwame offensively is very easy...DO NOT RUSH IT. And also, when it doubt, try to dunk it.

He can end up putting in 10 a night, which would be fine. Also, guys need to stop rocketing passes at him that even sure-handed players would have a hard time catching. Against the W's on Friday there was a fast break where Sasha drove hard to the bucket, then whipped it back to Kwame's gut no-look. Then Kwame gets blamed for not catching it.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject:

i really think he can be a ben wallace type player. look ben was 26 when he started playing really well. in fact the wizards traded him for ike austin. he did nothing really before 26 aqnd has never shown offense. i think we should keep the guy but work on him understanding his role and try to light a fire under him
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject:

If Kwame could bring that type of effort every night I'd gladly cut him some slack. No suprise when our two biggest question marks decide to show up (Odom and Kwame) that we actually play a great game.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
Kwame straight out manhandled Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyse (the original Amare Stoudemire) tonight.

I wrote a scathing review of this guy last week and night's like tonight make me happy to be wrong.

He played with energy and focus.

Hopefully this happens for the rest of his career.

Kwame is one strong dude. He's also about 4 inches taller than Ben Wallace. His impact on the game last night doesn't really show up in the boxscore (except for the 12 rebounds).

I can't wait to see Kwame and Bynum on the floor together, hopefully against the Spurs. We already know that Bynum tends to show up for these games against the likes of Duncan, Shaq, Curry. I think a combo of Kwame and Bynum for limited minutes would frustrate Duncan.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I can't wait to see Kwame and Bynum on the floor together

I don't about offense, but defensively in 1-2 years that could be one hell of a combo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
I can't wait to see Kwame and Bynum on the floor together

I don't about offense, but defensively in 1-2 years that could be one hell of a combo.

That's mainly what I'm referring to. I think Bynum with his length and height advantage can make things difficult for Duncan, again, for short stretches. We know he shows more energy in these type of game situtations. And Kwame is still our best interior defender, he's simply too strong to be pushed out (even by Shaq). Again, for short stretches, it would be nice to see what that duo can do against the likes of Duncan. Call it an experiment.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Unsung hero? Kwame Brown

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Without his defense on Rasheed and boards the Lakers do not match Detroit's frontline.

Well by that I mean they get dominated.

The best lineup was that 4th qtr one with Kwame/Odom/George/Bryant/Parker. I have wanted that line to start earlier in the season.

Anyway, we are all really hard on Kwame. Time to give the guy his well deserved props - even though it's one game. It's the type of game that shows why his size and athleticism alone is worth the gamble.
That is their best defensive line-up, has been all year. This isn't the team that should start, but it's the team we need down the stretch in the 4th quarter. You could switch out Mihm/Kwame depending on matchups and if you need Kwame's defense on a tough post player or not, but that is my favorite lineup. It has won us alot of games this season. They seem to have good chemistry defensively most of the time.

Props to Kwame, I'm glad Phil put him on Rasheed. He basically shut him down the rest of the game after he started 6 for 6 he went like 1-11 the rest of the way. Props to Lamar, loved the game he played last night. I just wish he would play with that fire every night! Props to smush...he was aggressive and tireless on Rip, so kobe could save energy on defense. Rip got his points, but shot a horrible fg%. I was so proud of these guys last night! Felt like a playoff game.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
Kwame's hands of stone cost us 8 points easy, but holding Ben Wallace to 5 boards makes up for it. He was useful tonight. We'll see about tommorrow.

One thing for sure Money though is that San Antonio is much more tender in the paint than Detroit. If Kwame applies himself like he did tonight he may as well be Shaq as far as the Spurs are concerned...With Kwame it is just confidence,confidence, confidence... He can do this Jax just has to keep hammering at him and, convincing him that he can do these things.

Did you see when LO hit him damned near in the face with that pass. I have a feeling that was on purpose as LO was hoping that in an attempt to protect himself he would catch the ball Bingo! he delivered 2!
Actually it was Smush that hit him in the face, I do think it woke him up, though!
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject:

Kwame has more potential than 80% of the centers on other rosters in the league. Even when his offensive skills are lacking, he can affect a game through his size, rebounding and ability to outwork other front line men. The game did turn when he was in there, and he neutralized Ben Wallace's offensive putbacks and Rasheed Wallace's post game. Odom and Kobe got some huge rebounds too.
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

eniq 0x00 wrote:
Money$hot! wrote:
Kwamak1's hands of stone cost us 8 points easy ...

Stop making (bleep) up. The fact that you equate Samaki with Kwame just kills your credibility.

aaHHAHAHAHA! check it, once Kwamak1 proves he can catch a pass and perform his rebounding/defense feat for more than a couple nights in a row, he's no better than Samaki Walker. So until then, Kwamak1 it is. Like I said, good job tonight though. Now quit your sniveling... it's only Kwamk1 Brown for heaven sakes (or did you buy a jersey?)

Last edited by Money$hot! on Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: