Unsung hero? Kwame Brown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject:

Kwame did the little things last night. He deserves some love for that. There was a play that stood out to me in last night's game. When the Lakers took an 8 point lead in the fourth on back to back dunks by Kobe and LO. Kwame set a solid screen on Rasheed Wallace that opened up the lane for Kobe to go in and finish strong. One of Kwame's best games as a Laker. By far.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject:

^
Money, you are right that Kwame is a Samaki Walker type on offense. No arguments there.

But his defense is a whole other story. I have never seen Walker impact any game defensively. Kwame has atleast 3-4 times this season.

Is it enough? No. But when a player brings defense like that and outplays the best defender in the NBA - I think you have to tip your hat off to the guy.

Kwame can average 2 points as far as I'm concerned, so long as he brings that sort of defensive game more often.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:

I have been a critic of Kwame this year along with Sasha.....Something Turief said that he was going one on one with Kwame in practice and he is going to bring an A game out there now...,.....Kwame did bring his A game...props to Kwame and double props to Turief who is riding him in practice....Turief even has the Laker Bench getting excited on plays on the floor now as well
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

Props to Kwame. Ben Wallace looked like Kwames' little brother out there. I think his scoring will develop but in the meantime he just has to keep playing defense the way he is.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject:

Props to Kwame. Ben Wallace looked like Kwames' little brother out there. I think his scoring will develop but in the meantime he just has to keep playing defense the way he is.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kwame did the little things last night. He deserves some love for that. There was a play that stood out to me in last night's game. When the Lakers took an 8 point lead in the fourth on back to back dunks by Kobe and LO. Kwame set a solid screen on Rasheed Wallace that opened up the lane for Kobe to go in and finish strong. One of Kwame's best games as a Laker. By far.
yeah, and kobe gave him props for the 'downfield block' by pointing to him afterward. remember kobe's statement about his 'offensive line' blocking for him?
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
^
Money, you are right that Kwame is a Samaki Walker type on offense. No arguments there.

But his defense is a whole other story. I have never seen Walker impact any game defensively. Kwame has atleast 3-4 times this season.

Is it enough? No. But when a player brings defense like that and outplays the best defender in the NBA - I think you have to tip your hat off to the guy.

Kwame can average 2 points as far as I'm concerned, so long as he brings that sort of defensive game more often.

Really Wolf, I did prop K.wamaki for playing D and rebounding. Still, a handful of games wont get us into the playoffs. Much like with Lamar, I'll be impressed if K.wamaki can consistantly give what the team needs (instead of what he wants). When K.wamaki plays the game he played last night, consistently defending the paint and outrebounding the best, then he'll get to be compared with great post defenders instead Samaki "Hands-of-Ice" Walker.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: