Vecsey: Boozer pursued by Lakers; courtship to continue this summer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject:

Booyakasha wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
^How do you know he won't excel?

How did anyone know that Billups would be a Finals MVP after a series of heavy injuries his first 5 years in the league?

Keep in mind that Billups didn't have a huge contract yet. Plus, he didn't give up the chance to be LeBron's main man to go to Utah. Would you really give up Mihm, his increasing play, and his relatively small contract, for an unproven, over-paid product in Boozer?

1. Billups's injuries were near career ending.
2. About the Cavs situation, I think it worked out for the Cavs.
3. Yes. He offers a lot more than Boozer and if we're going to not have a capspace plan, may as well take advantage of players who can contribute at least 12/8 every night as well as some idea of triple threat skills from the high post.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

I am not overly impressed with Boozer.

But if the Lakers want him so much, it is too bad they didn't just draft him as many of us were begging for here the night of that draft.

That was a major miss by Kupchak. Major. I don't see any sense in breaking the bank for him now, he is a smallish PF who is always going to have a hard time against the bigger PFs in the west defensively.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject:

I would prefer Mihm for Boozer straight up but that damn contract ruins everything. Truth is I think he would look good in the P&G.
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: More on the Boozer trade for the offseason

On RealGM

NY Post - Agent Rob Pelinka pushed hard to get Carlos Boozer traded to the Lakers before last week's deadline, and plans to do his bullying best to force the action this summer. For some reason Chris Mihm, Devean George and Aaron McKie didn't appeal to the Jazz, or, for that matter, the Warriors, whom Utah tried to lure into the deal by offering to assume the stretch contracts of Troy Murphy and Derek Fisher. Chris Mullin couldn't get off the phone quick enough...
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject:

Thanks man, but I believe this has already been posted. But it does show the Lakers were willing to make a move.
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Thanks man, but I believe this has already been posted. But it does show the Lakers were willing to make a move.

Yes, and the kiddies who complain about front-office inaction have no idea what goes in behind closed doors. Oops ... I tend to forget that these types are blessed with mind-reading abilities.

^^ Farmar

Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Boozer is a horrible defender. I don't know where you people are getting the rep that he's a good defender. He can rebound and he scraps it downlow, but don't mistaken that for good post defense or shot blocking.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject:

The only package I would put together for Boozer is Kwame+Cook. Kwame is an expiring contract who could play center and Cook is a productive offensive power forward, so it may be the best deal Utah could get for Boozer.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject:

only get boozer if you're going to get KG.

Mihm
Boozer
KG
Bryant
Parker

Using Kwame, Bynum, George, Cook, Walton in those packages either way.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Boozer is a horrible defender. I don't know where you people are getting the rep that he's a good defender. He can rebound and he scraps it downlow, but don't mistaken that for good post defense or shot blocking.

I take it you are a Kwame supporter (I am) then, b/c Kwame doesn't put up sick numbers it's obvious he plays great position defense. Booze does put up good numbers so are you saying his numbers are empty (no impact on the game)? So Kwame is better to have in P&G than Booze? I've seen Boozer play, his defense isn't horrible and he used to put up good offensive numbers.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
Giving up Mihm is a lot imo bc Boozer is too small to play center, and if we gave up George we wouldn't have a back up SF behind LO.

I'd trade LO for Boozer on the other hand.

Mihm/Kwame/Bynum
Boozer/Cook/Turiaf
George/Kobe
Kobe/Sasha
Smush/Sasha

Defense, rebounding.

Trading our biggest chip just when he would useful? This team, wth a solid second scoring/reboudning option, would be very good with Lamar. Boozer at the deadline would have been a solid move. His play since coming bacs shows he's a 17/10 threat when he plays big minutes. In the last five games, he's had some great games, coming off the bench. He would have been perfect for us. Perfect. I would trade mihm and george in a heartbeat. George is gone anyway.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: