Two Free Tickets - Lakers/Spurs Monday 3/6 7:30pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersPlayoffBound
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Two Free Tickets - Lakers/Spurs Monday 3/6 7:30pm

I can't attend the Lakers/Spurs game on Monday 3/6. I'll be out of town. Ran out of time to sell these tickets online. Here is a view of the court from my two season-seats...

http://www.nba.com/media/lakers/sect.301.jpg

I haven't figured out whether to give away both tickets ( side by side seats ) to one LG dude or two different LG dudes.

Anyway, just think of it as a gift. But in order to receive these tickets, you must answer the following question thoroughly with good analysis. The winner will be announced on Sunday 8pm Pacific Time.

Question: If you become GM of the Lakers on June 15th 2006, what will you do during the summer to improve the roster for the 2006/2007 season?

I don't necessarily have to agree with your response. Good luck. By the way, you must have an email address that can accept an attachment, have a PDF viewer ( which you can download for free ), and have a printer to print out the tickets.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Scenario 1 would have me sending getting KG to L.A. that means sending Bynum, Odom and George or some other collection of players. And pepper in some defensive players i.e. Eric Snow

Scenario 2: I would try to build around what we have. Get better rebounders. See if Reggie Evans is possible also sign a strong back up for Kobe i.e. resign Laron Profit

P.S. I realize this answer isn't very thorough but I really wrote this cold turkey.

e-mail: Sergio @oxy.edu
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Let me clarify some issues, before I explain my "GM" plan for next season:

Kwame Brown's contract needs to be unloaded before anything of big impact can take place. If we can't do that, then, the Lakers will have nearly $45 million in guarenteed contracts, leaving us with a very small cap money to spend. So once again, we'll be forced to offer only the mid-level exception for next season.

Having said that...

As a GM, I would aggressively pursue a trade with Minnesota, putting a package that includes Odom, Cook and either Sasha or Walton for Kevin Garnett. Bynum is off limits. I wouldn't include George either, this is the only guy who understands and executes the triangle offense along with Kobe.

By getting KG, we get a solid second option, a good defender and a great leader behind Kobe.

Then, I would go and look for a veteran point guard, somebody with decent size and good defense. Somebody like Fisher, a hole we haven't been able to fill.

Those two moves are essential for the Lakers to make, if we want to extend and protect Kobe's prime.

If KG becomes an unlikely option for us, then, you look for any restricted free agents that will be available next season; Chris Bosh is the next in line for me to pursue, he is a young and very talented player, somebody who Phil Jackson likes a lot.

e-mail: castillozavala @ cox.net
lakersdynasty999
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject:

If I were the GM:

Since we are already committed to the 2007 plan, and I have heard many rumors that Kwame's contract is not guarenteed through his third year, I would stick to the plan. We only have one more year to go.

My moves would be to work mostly with the team we have now. I don't know how we will end up this year, or what draft pick we will have. As we are right now, we are very young, so whatever pick we get in this draft (assuming it's in the late first round, because it is Miami's), I would try to trade. The reason for that is because we don't need to get younger. We have a solid frontcourt with Kwame/Ronny/Cook/Bynum...all with many years till they even reach their prime. I'd trade this pick we have to try and improve our backcourt. Either package the pick with Smush to get a real point guard such as Chris Duhon who the don't really need, or get a solid middle aged point guard like Andre Miller that is on the block. These may not be realistic, but its the idea I'm looking for.

That solves our point guard problem. With our mid-level exception, I would try to sign a true SG. Not another SF. We need someone that can give Kobe some rest during games. While Von Wafer might be ready to play, it is still too early to tell. A one year deal for a vet-SG would be ideal, because it keeps us in the 07 plan and also will let Von play backup SG in 2007.

I would try to resign George for a one year deal. I believe we can do that because not many other teams will give this guy more than one. And I really think he likes playing with Kobe and the life in LA.

My biggest goal of the summer will be in the summer league. I want Kwame there. I don't care that he has been in the NBA for 5 years. I want him in those games working to his potential. He needs to earn that 8 mil and he hasn't in the regular season. Time to work overtime Kwame. Bynum, Von, Green, Ronny, and Sasha (21 years old dont forget) will also join him. We should dominate the other teams, so that will be fun.

I would also try to get Lamar in the gym as much as possible. I would try to get him working with Brian Shaw to develop a mid-range game. Playing basketball myself, I know that all you need is repetition. I want him in the gym shooting 500 shots a day. I saw myself go from a kid that couldn't hit rim to a 50% three-point shooter. Lamar can do the same thing--he just needs to be motivated by the coaching staff.

Lastly, I would tell Phil to cut Luke's minutes down. Most of you know why.

So overall, I am not making lots of moves. I just want this young team to get more and more familar with each-other and trust each other more. When Lamar gets that J going, he should become a more consistent scoring threat. With our big-men in the summer league they should improve as well. And the addition of two guards would be ideal for this team.

--Steve

Email: lakersdynasty999 _at_ aol.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Tek9Designs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I like the potential of the team we have, but people are demanding for this team's chemistry to happen now and not occur naturally.

Point Guard: Smush Parker has shown amazing talents at times, but he has only played one year of college and his previous three seasons weren't exactly full length. I would consider this more of a rookie year for him, and all things considered he has done really well. Work on his defense and endurance, as well as learning how to play basketball better in general, and I see him as a good PG alongside Kobe. I'd look into getting Van Exel in the off season for cheap if possible.

Shooting Guard: Resign Profit only at such a cheap price it would be hard to pass at. I don't believe Sasha is a good option as a back up to Kobe, he can't create on his own, not a good defensive player, and has made some poor choices on the court. For a spot up shooter he has been poor at that.

Small Forward: I feel this needs to be where our scoring comes from. If Lamar can develop that mid range jumper he can be a serious threat, I just don't see it happening. I love Devean as a back up at this position, he knows the offense and plays fairly good defense, but becomes a free agent at the end of the year.

Power Forward: GET RID OF KWAME. Sure, the guy plays defense, but he doesn't play to his full potential for his body size. It would be great if he could be a same type of player as a Ben Wallace, but he just doesn't have the knack for rebounding or blocking as Ben. Kwame has terrible hands, and when he does get the ball around the basket (doesn't fumble it out of bounds), he doesn't take it hard to the hoop but instead tries to finesse it, which he isn't capable of. Ronny Turiaf is a great boost of energy off the bench, so our backup is strong there.

Center: I like Mihm, and I like Bynum as a back up. In the off season this could become our strong position if the two start to bring their talents together with the help of Kareem. Both are solid in the post, Bynum could be great with improved confidence and footwork, and both are solid post defenders with above average blocking ability.

Offseason moves we need to make:

Point Gaurd: We need a veteran point guard to help develop Smush and as leadership on the court when we need it. I like Van Exel in this position, and if he is in fact a free agent, using our veteran mid-level to acquire him would be a great step forward for this team. Jason Terry would do wonders for this team, but I'm not sure spending that much money at the PG would be the most help to this team.

Shooting Gaurd: Resign Laron Profit for cheap.

Small Forward: Caron Butler has had a less than expected season for Washington, so his stock may not be all too high. He has shown he can play along side Kobe, and can hold his own on the defensive side. If we can't resign Devean, put the money towards Caron who can be a solid starter and the 2nd scoring option on this team if we don't get a big name PF. Brian Cook could be a good backup at this position, he can play this position because of his range, and could create huge match up problems due to his size. The pick and roll with Kobe has been working wonders, and I'd like to see that relationship further develop with time.

Power Forward: Get rid of Kwame. Put him in a package with Odom, Sasha, Walton, and a draft pick for perhaps a disgruntled Kevin Garnett, who might refuse trades for other teams, and a guard like Anthony Carter. Perhaps Wishful thinking, but thats better than what we got for Shaq. Ben Wallace would be a nice free agent pickup at this position if Detroit doesn't sign him.

Center: No moves, keep and further develop Mihm and Bynum.

I may be wrong on my Free Agent knowledge, but its still early to say.

Last edited by Tek9Designs on Sun May 22, 2016 7:50 am; edited 3 times in total
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject:

I'd put a gun to McHale's head and force him to give up KG for Kwame, even if the salaries don't match he'll have to figure out a way to work the trade or else he's dead.

bigbearl01 [AT] adelphia.net
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm assuming Kwame's deal isn't garunteed for a 3rd year, so yeah you have to go for the 2K7 plan. I'd be a terrible GM, but I wouldn't do much to alter the 2K7 except help it. This means using only the MLE on a 1 year deal (we see what that got the Lakers this year) and likely trading Odom. Most fans want him gone now, but if he shows signs of improvement and proves to be the player they thought they were getting, he stays and you re-up Mihm, and others which kills the idea of signing a free agent.

Barring a dramatic improvement from Odom's game (night after night), I offer him up in a trade by midseason next year. Though they play different positions, you'd compare his situation to Steve Francis. The Lakers may only be able to get an expiring contract, but should ask for a young cheap player as well. This leaves you with Kobe surrounded by guys like Bynum, Cook, Sasha, ect.. with lots of money freed up.

What may be good for the future could wind up being killer for the short term. I myself couldn't handle missing the postseason again, but if you strike out in 2K7 (or there isn't anyone out there...very possible), you'd have to try again the next offseason. I'm not saying this as part of a dream for LBJ or Wade or whatever, I'm just saying if you commit to something you need to continue on it.

I honestly think that it doesn't make sense to plan on a free agency bonanza with something like 8 million available, it also looks senseless to build with what is in place the way these guys look motivated. Everyone has different situations, and though there is a certain learning curve in terms of learning the offense and learning to play defense together....they aren't getting enough out of what is in place now. Kwame has a great physique (minus hands), and with Smush's wingspand and Odom's frame you should be getting lock down defense and better shot opportunities. If MAJOR improvement doesn't occur into next season's trade deadline, you have to scrap the team and jeopordize making Phil angry enough to leave to build the right team around Kobe. He deserves it, the fans deserve it, and I'll give up the playoffs for a year to have a contender rather than an annual .500 team.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

If i was the GM:
Odom, george, slava for KG = world champs "2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

dries_4 ( a t ) msn.com

Last edited by dries on Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject:

What I would do as a GM:

Before I start, I want to give you a very REALISTIC approach to the offseason. No moves for T-Mac, Kevin Garnett, ect. because I don't believe those are actual options.

With a Lakers team that is without a doubt flawed, and stuck in mediocrity, yet filled with potential, there are two scenarios that one could follow. One would be to wait these out, see if Lamar, Kwame, Bynum, even Smush and Mihm to a degree work out, and make minor moves/signings. The other would be to "start a new" and completely revamp the roster. I would try to find some happy medium, trying to bring in more talent at the four and one. Right now, our biggest pieces of trade bait are Lamar, Mihm, and Bynum.
So, without further ado, here comes B_Rabbit1212's offseason plan as General Manager of the Los Angelas Lakers.

1. Shop Lamar Odom and Chris Mihm, either as separate pieces or together.
Why? People are unhappy with Lamar's inability to "get it" this season, and some teams may be enamored with his potential. Chris Mihm's value is at an all time high, while Kwame's is an all time low, and with the emergance of Bynum being ready sooner than expected, it is reasonable to start Kwame at center and bring Bynum off the bench for him, with Turiaf also filling in at the center position
However we must absolutely not settle for a project or sell to low. If we could somehow pry a Chris Bosh, Jermaine O'neal type player. Toronto may worry Bosh won't stick around, and Jermaine O'neal's value is at an all time low. However I don't find either of these scenarios likely.

What seems more likely (and ideal) would be a trade of:

Rashard Lewis+Earl Watson or Luke Ridnour (S&T) for Odom+Mihm+Walton.

Seattle has a ton of cap space this summer and can find in new veteran PG in Free Agency or draft Rojan Rando as they will be in the lottery. They also have NO LOW POST PRESENCE, where Mihm, and even Odom can come in and help.
I would also accept a trade of:

Mike James (S&T), Morris Peterson and Pape Sow (S&T-salary purposes, just cut him) and a 2007 1st round Draft Pick for Lamar and Mihm.

While at first glance this may look like a rip-off, Mike James has been absolute FIRE this season and is money from deep. Peterson expires next year, and is way more talented than he gets credit for. If we could throw in Mihm and Walton and a draft pick and pull away Villanueva, all the better, however I don't see it likely.

2. Draft: James White with Miami (roughly 26th) and Leon Powe in the second round. Or try to move the first round pick with a scrub (like Walton) for a future pick and cash. Or Walton for 2nd round pick and a trade exception. Just move Walton basically.

3. RESIGN LARON PROFIT. Essential! For obvious reasons, like the guy played like a champion off the bench for us.

4. Resign Jumaine Jones and sign Malik Allen or Reggie Evans.
We all know what Jumaine can bring. Hustle, 3 balls, athletism and defense off the bench. Malik Allen is a tough, tough player at te 4 and 5. Works hard. To show you how tough he is, he had to be carried off the court in a stretcher and spend the night in the hospital, and then played the next day. Thats how tough he is. I like Reggie Evans too, because he is a vacuum on the boards, but he is so undersized he is not the best of defenders. I also don't think he is a realistic option as some team will over pay for him based on his numbers from 2 years ago.

5. Current Players: Let Devean walk only if we can get Jumaine, Slava goes (duh!). Resign Cook and if a free agent, though I think he got 2 years, resign Von Wafer. Cut Mckie.
This deals with our exp. contract player. If we get Jumaine, George is expendable because I think Jumaine is a better version of Devean anyway. Slava...c'mon. And Cook is definitley worth keeping around for his outside stroke. He has also shown that he can improve in the offseason, as he has done the last 2 years.

As of now, there would be a lineup of either:
Ridnour/Smush/Vujacic
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Lewis/Jumaine/White
Cook/Turiaf/Powe
Kwame/Bynum/Allen

or

James/Smush/Vujacic
Kobe/Profit/Wafer
Peterson/Jumaine/White
Cook/Turiaf/Powe
Kwame/Bynum/Allen

Both lineups MUCH deeper than this years. Much more balanced. While it is a major renovation to the lineup, we still keep potential pieces in Bynum, Wafer, and Kwame. Both lineups are easily competitors, much more than this year, and both have room to improve in the future.

Well what do you think?

Edit: Forgot my email address, either obvious -at- cox.net or theinfamousmcbob @ yahoo.com

Last edited by B_Rabbit1212 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
LakersPlayoffBound
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

I like the responses so far. Keep them coming. You dudes are making it hard for me to make a decision by tomorrow 8pm Pacific. Good luck.

I had a terrific time tonight at Staples. There were several Piston fans a few rows behind me and a few rows in front of me. They were pretty quiet during that 18-0 Laker run in the latter part of the third.

Monday's game should be a blast.
methodman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

First, I'd buy my grandma a new car with my phat paycheck. Then I'd figure out a way to get a second scoring option without giving up Kobe, Odom or
Bynum. Ok maybe I'd give up Odom but I think he'll do great as the 3rd option so I'd rather not. Then I'd take some more of that paycheck and take my friends out to Sushi Dan for some killer sushi.
Hey you said you don't have to agree with what I say.....
STiG909
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject:

lakersdynasty, if you win how much will you charge for the ticket?
b-money
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: what are we missing

This is a difficult one, because you never really know how things will turn out. But...lets see what the Lakers are missing, and lets be realistic.

Minnesota is not going to give up KG...unless it is for a lot. I think that there is so much talent in the league now, that assuming KG and Kobe would have a cake walk to the championship is just not realistic.

The Lakers need a center/power forward that is consistent...I like Pau Gasol of the Grizzlies. 20points/9rebounds/4 assists per game. I think that he would compliment Kobe very well.

In return we could give up Lamar and Mihm-pretty even trade if you ask me.

Bynum will be starting soon, and Gasol can back him up at center, and can start in the PF position.

The other missing piece is a veteran player or role player (like when the lakers had Ron Harper, or B-shaw or an horry)-perhaps someone very hungry for a title and someone who can score-unfortunately i dont see too much out there in this category at a reasonable price....and i think Devean George can be the player who comes off the bench and can hit some 3pointers (his career % is about the same as horry's). There is something about Devean that makes me want the lakers to keep him.

So that is pretty much it:

Pau Gasol for Odom and Mihm
Resign Devean

And continue to work with the young players on the team.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Two Free Tickets - Lakers/Spurs Monday 3/6 7:30pm

LakersPlayoffBound wrote:
Question: If you become GM of the Lakers on June 15th 2006, what will you do during the summer to improve the roster for the 2006/2007 season?

#1: Have Bynum, Turiaff, Cookie and Kwame attend the "Big Men Camp" by Pete Newell and Stu Lantz - then for the balance of the summer, be under the guidance/tuteledge of kareem and Rambis (maybe even get Karl Malone to help out)
#2: Have LO, Sasha, Smush and Profit train with Kobe during the entire summer while working on their basketball skills with BShaw & Craig Hodges
#3: Bynum, Sasha, Smush and Profit hit the weight room
#4: Get rid of Slava's expiring contract for a veteran PG such as Jim Jackson/Tony Delk (if he's available) to replace the useless Aaron McKie - if he is not obtained in the next few days
#5: Have Kwame, Luke, Smush and Sasha shoot 1,000 shots 5 days a week during the summer
#6: Give everybody a tape of how Jordan's Bull teams ran their offense and defense
#7: Give everybody the book "The Art of War"
preeluder
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject:

cut a few players and sign

Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Steve Kerr
Horace Grant
Luc Longley
Dennis Rodman

preludef22a _at_ yahoo.com
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:58 am    Post subject:

Lets be real, we may not get KG or any kind of impact post player. So here are the best things we have to do first.

1. Sign Chris Wilcox with half of the MLE. He will give us what we need as a starting PF until we get go after a big free agent in 07.

2. Second I will trade Lamar Odom + Parker for Rashard Lewis + Earl Watson

3. Might be luck, but Larry Brown of the Knicks isnt to happy about the way that Jalen Rose fits into. So by saying that, the Knicks might waive him and it could be a easy/solid pickup for us(LLE).

4. Resign Devean. May sound dumb , but I think this the best player we could get as a free agent. Plus he already knows the system and he plays great defense, something we really need.

5. Draft Randy Foye, Villanova Guard.

Randy Foye
Height 6-4
PPG 20.2

Key lineup:

Watson/Foye or Smush
Bryant/Rose
Lewis/George
Wilcox/Kwame
Mihm/Bynum

KodMos [AT] combogods.com
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject:

I would look to at the restricted free agents at the time. I will make sure Kobe gives Lebron James a call, and makes sure Nike reminds him several times that if he jumps ship his contract will triple when comes to a bigger market in L.A. I would be more than happy to package anyone not named Kobe or Andrew Bynum to the Cavs in exchange for the rights to a resigned Lebron James. I would then look at some big in the free agent market...once Lebron is shipped to L.A. have him and Kobe give Chris Bosh a call and ask him if he enjoys Toronto? If he doesn't let him know there's some nice available houses in Malibu and with his new contract with L.A. he can afford almost any one of them he so chooses.

With a trio of Kobe, Lebron, and Chris Bosh that solidifes the BIG 3 on the market. Which then I would look at any other Free agents if we have our MLE exception available with extra cash after signing Lebron James/Chris Bosh. Size is a big plus and veterans who are looking for a title contention would also be a big plus. If not I would look into players like Jamal Magloire, Jalen Rose, and Marcus Banks to see if they want to join the Lakers for less money but at the same time give the younger players at least 5 year deals, and veterans like Jalen Rose a 2 year deal with a 3rd year team option. I would also look into any talented players that are unhappy with their teams and can be gotten for expiring contracts, Ron Artest ring a bell? . After that I would then try to resign the current free agents which would probaly consist of Ronny Turiaf, Smush Parker, and Chris Mihm and since we would own their BIRD rights I would sign them each to 3-5 year deals long term to solidify our bench. Also I would definatley look for veteran 3pt shooters to see if they also want to play for the 1mill exception such players such as Eric Piatkowski.
If this is all done I would see if Phil Jackson would like to return as coach, but if that doesn't turn out well I would check with coaches such as Larry Brown (to make sure he isn't unhappy in New York). If that doesn't work out I would make offers to college coaches such as Roy Williams, if not the Great Coach K I would offer him a 3-5 year deal. Persuade him the extent whereas he can always go back to Duke when he sees fit but will be given the chance to work with the team and develop them as a unit and let him know that his leadership and experience will be far greater appreciated working under the Lakers as he wil be able to earn the chance to win RINGS in both NCAA and NBA levels. Everything else I would make changes as the season progesses if the head coach or if the team isn't winning.

Last edited by NOODLESTYLE on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject:

First off - what you are doing here is really cool.

I would like to preface this with all moves are taking into the account the Lakers make the playoffs this year.

I would continue the youth movement we have embarked on and infuse the team with healthy veteran presence in the backcourt and improve through the draft. This may sound funny to some, but the NBA is changing and being a .500 team with the 2nd youngest team in the league is actually a very positive indicator for the future.

My main objectives are to get a healthy veteran guard with the MLE and to improve the depth of our bench. If a veteran guard can't be obtained for the money we have, I look at the draft. I believe in the overall plan we have created. Phil will have 2 years left on his contract, Kobe is signed and Lamar is signed. We have a nice squad that needs maturity and deeper bench.

Getting a proven scorer is also high on the list. If we don't sign him in the next few days, a healthy Jim Jackson is someone I pursue. He can have the type of impact on this team that Ron Harper had for the Bulls in the second 3peat and for the Lakers. If it is only for 2 years, it gives us a chance to groom Smush and Von.

DRAFT:

I have my eyes on a guard/forward combo like Cedric Bozeman who can handle the ball and rebound. He fits the mold of versatile players that Phil uses and has a good fundamental game. I'm also looking for a really quick guard like Dee Brown of Illinois who also has 4 years of school and is very well rounded on both sides of the court. This type of player gives us a good match up on the smaller/faster PG's like Parker, Paul, Ridnour, etc.....

Free Agents

Slava is gone. His roster space could be better suited for a player who will actually play defense. His defensive lapses forces Phil to bench him, so why resign him again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Devean George comes back for 2 -3 years if his $ request isn't too high. He knows the system and is bringing the effort now that he is healthy.

I am resigning LaRon Profit. He had a good grip on what the coaches want and has the versatility and size to play the 2 and the 3, effectively subbing for Kobe and Lamar.

I am looking to move Sasha and Luke in a package to get a decent big who can spell Kwame and Chris. Bynum will be getting more time, but depth in the front court is nothing to joke about. David Lee and a 2nd rounder would be nice. This allows us to get a guy on a rookie contract who is big, can shoot and is athletic and get a steal in the draft like Ronny Turiaf. If I can't pry Lee loose from NY, I go for Fred Jones of Indiana.

All the moves I have outlined above allow the team to improve, be competitive and keep the door open if LeBron James, Dwayne Wade or Chris Bosh decide not to extend with their current clubs. It will give us the flexibility to sign one of them in the summer of 07 while keeping the core players we are building around together.

Thanks for the opportunity.

email: addicusbrown [ at ] yahoo.com

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject:

well?
LakersPlayoffBound
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm reading all of the posts right now while eating and watching the Academy Awards. Just a minute.
LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject:

preeluder wrote:
cut a few players and sign

Michael Jordan
Scottie Pippen
Steve Kerr
Horace Grant
Luc Longley
Dennis Rodman

preludef22a [AT] yahoo.com

You would have won, but you left out Ron Harper. Got to have a Point Guard.
Mr. EiGhTy-OnE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
lakersdynasty, if you win how much will you charge for the ticket?

gfunksta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:

lol man you should have just asked why u deserve to go to the game IMO it would be better.
gfunksta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Reading all these ideas gives me a bigger headache than I already had due to MITCHY BOY!
LakersPlayoffBound
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Good responses from you all. Appreciate the effort you dudes put into this contest. And the Oscar goes to...

lakersdynasty999

I'll PM you in just a minute.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: