Dejounte Murray: Woj - Lakers/Hawks have exchanged some ideas
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:09 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Ooff šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

This is getting sloppy.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1752502160502272279

On a side note, a potential 3rd team has entered the chat??ā€¦

Quote:
Windy: They have seven tradable first-rounders, which makes anything possible, but they could also end up being a part of a three-team deal that saves major assets for the future.

If they do make a deal, it would likely be for a guard -- former Nets All-Star D'Angelo Russell has been among those names floated. With an expiring $20.3 million deal, Dinwiddie is the likely fulcrum in any big move before the deadline.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/39363413/player-most-likely-traded-all-30-teams

I'm pretty sure Dinwiddie must be absolutely sick of being traded by now. If the Nets trade Dinwiddie it will be the SECOND time the Nets have traded him. Feel sorry for him TBH.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Murray+AR+AD is a good core for post lebron days.

Lol. That would be trash. The only reason Murray makes sense now is because we have bron. Murray similar to dlo should be 3rd or 4th best player

Of course they need to add players, but thatā€™s a good core to start with until the next superstar comes

It isnā€™t. It probably keeps us middle in the draft. Mediocre is the worst place to be in sports.

Reaves is probably at his ceiling. Murray too. Ad will be an old 32 yr old.

If you think the lakers will actually tank after lebron, you obviously didnā€™t factor in other stuff. For instance, the tv deal is coming up soon in 28-29(time fly by). You think spectrum is going to offer more for a tanking team? If you are depending on the draft to get a superstar, thatā€™s really crap shoot. I still feel the next superstar the lakers have will be FA or trade.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:32 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Lol. That would be trash. The only reason Murray makes sense now is because we have bron. Murray similar to dlo should be 3rd or 4th best player

Of course they need to add players, but thatā€™s a good core to start with until the next superstar comes

It isnā€™t. It probably keeps us middle in the draft. Mediocre is the worst place to be in sports.

If you think the lakers will actually tank after lebron, you obviously didnā€™t factor in other stuff. For instance, the tv deal is coming up soon in 28-29(time fly by). You think spectrum is going to offer more for a tanking team? If you are depending on the draft to get a superstar, thatā€™s really crap shoot. I still feel the next superstar the lakers have will be FA or trade.

Tanking and not being very good are similar but not the same. The lakers will try to win but we donā€™t have that bridge guy so losing will be a byproduct of going all in now. The facade of trying to win will bury us deeper into mediocrity.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:49 pm    Post subject:

i honestly expect a dlo/dinwiddie/djm trade in the next 12-16 hours. throw in jhs and draft assets.

then hopefully another move to get a 3&D wing (bait is rui, gabe, prince).

bron's probably done-zo if we do nothing.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:07 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
i honestly expect a dlo/dinwiddie/djm trade in the next 12-16 hours. throw in jhs and draft assets.

I expect the opposite, the more the Lakers lose, the more Atlanta will ask for. Reports yesterday from Atlanta is that Quinn Snyder has asked management to keep DJM. And Atlanta is in no rush that they are fine keeping him til next summer when they will have more suitors with available draft assets.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:06 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
nomoreshaq wrote:

I expect the opposite, the more the Lakers lose, the more Atlanta will ask for. Reports yesterday from Atlanta is that Quinn Snyder has asked management to keep DJM. And Atlanta is in no rush that they are fine keeping him til next summer when they will have more suitors with available draft assets.

It'd be funny if the Atlanta FO trade Murray. They got Murray against the wishes of the GM (who walked away when overruled) and it'd just be like the Atlanta FO to trade DJM when the coach doesn't want to lol
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:55 am    Post subject:

Unfortunately I think this happens

I like Murray and think heā€™s a greater source of consistency than DLo, but the upside isnā€™t enough for me to give up a first and a swap
#18 next...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

Brooklyn is trading Spenser Dinwiddie for Dejounte Murray? Why? Both teams are like 7 games under .500.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Brooklyn is trading Spenser Dinwiddie for Dejounte Murray? Why? Both teams are like 7 games under .500.

Dinwiddie is on a one year 20M contract, and what ATL cares about is getting rid of Murray's contract because they know he isn't worth it.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:42 am    Post subject:

I don't think Murray moves the needle for us if we trade him for Russell, but if they are willing to take Reaves + Fino + pick for Murray it's borderline negligence for Pelinka to not do that deal. Swapping out Reaves for Murray absolutely moves the needle for this team by giving us a good defender at the PG position which we've been lacking since Fisher.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:47 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Tanking and not being very good are similar but not the same. The lakers will try to win but we donā€™t have that bridge guy so losing will be a byproduct of going all in now. The facade of trying to win will bury us deeper into mediocrity.

if you run a quick number, you can see the Lakers can create a max slot with AR+Murray+AD core, and that's the best way to get players. giving up one FRP is not going all in, by the way.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
I don't think Murray moves the needle for us if we trade him for Russell, but if they are willing to take Reaves + Fino + pick for Murray it's borderline negligence for Pelinka to not do that deal. Swapping out Reaves for Murray absolutely moves the needle for this team by giving us a good defender at the PG position which we've been lacking since Fisher.

if Lakers offered that package, the hawks would've already accepted that. it is not worth it from the contract standpoint for the Lakers. DLO can walk, keep that in mind.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject:

it would be nice to know what our coaching will be. If Hamm makes it through the year, i dont know how a marginal move does anything. I cant see Dlo walking if still here. No one wanted him this past off season even at a huge discount. i cant believe he raises his value if we flounder. Eventually we will come to the realization that a Bron/Ad led team wont win a traditional ring without a huge upgrade in talent.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:

Lol so you want to give up AR who is on good contract value wise and give away his clutch ability and killer instinct that our team will direly need by playoff comes . And keep the flight risk who always fail to show up when it matters. LMAo
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

if Lakers offered that package, the hawks would've already accepted that. it is not worth it from the contract standpoint for the Lakers. DLO can walk, keep that in mind.

And? If Russell walks, we still have Murray who is a very good PG and legit # 3 option that people are wildly undervaluing because his defensive stats are suffering from playing next to one of the worst guard defenders in the league. He's 27 and we'd have him for the next 4 years, guaranteed, at a minimum.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:06 am    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

Lol so you want to give up AR who is on good contract value wise and give away his clutch ability and killer instinct that our team will direly need by playoff comes . And keep the flight risk who always fail to show up when it matters. LMAo

Murray is a 2-way starting-caliber player. AR can get played off the floor, and, honestly, shouldn't be more than a 6th man on any team that's supposed to have actual championship ambitions. People are letting their love for Reaves to blind them to the fact that he's not on Murray's level. Any other team's fanbase would say the Lakers are crazy for not trading Reaves for Murray.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:08 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

And? If Russell walks, we still have Murray who is a very good PG and legit # 3 option that people are wildly undervaluing because his defensive stats are suffering from playing next to one of the worst guard defenders in the league. He's 27 and we'd have him for the next 4 years, guaranteed, at a minimum.

i rather have AR and Murray for the next 4 years instead. i am not taking risk on giving Dlo a muti year extension. Austin shows up in the playoffs. DLO can have curry like nights, but he can also have Pat Bev nights.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:50 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

i rather have AR and Murray for the next 4 years instead. i am not taking risk on giving Dlo a muti year extension. Austin shows up in the playoffs. DLO can have curry like nights, but he can also have Pat Bev nights.

I wouldn't want the Lakers to give Russell the contract extension he's looking for, either, but if someone wants to offer him $20-25 million/year; he's likely going to need us to do a S+T which means we can get some pieces back for him. But our best shot at winning anything *this* year would dictate us keeping Russell.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:59 am    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I wouldn't want the Lakers to give Russell the contract extension he's looking for, either, but if someone wants to offer him $20-25 million/year; he's likely going to need us to do a S+T which means we can get some pieces back for him. But our best shot at winning anything *this* year would dictate us keeping Russell.

why would he needs S+T? he can opt out and sign. i don't think any contender is going to want him or can trade for him at 20-25 mil due to the new CBA, but i am sure he is looking for more money regardless. i view Murray as a slight upgrade from DLO, neither one will dictate us winning this year. it is the coach , LBJ and AD. all things equal, i rather trade for the guy on a somewhat reasonable contract for the next 4 years.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

why would he needs S+T? he can opt out and sign. i don't think any contender is going to want him or can trade for him at 20-25 mil due to the new CBA, but i am sure he is looking for more money regardless.

How many teams have enough cap space to sign someone at what Russell is looking for? 3? 4? And out of those very few teams, which one of them would want to pay him or don't already have someone at his position. Most likely any team he goes to is going to need to S+T for him.

mad55557777 wrote:
i view Murray as a slight upgrade from DLO, neither one will dictate us winning this year. it is the coach , LBJ and AD. all things equal, i rather trade for the guy on a somewhat reasonable contract for the next 4 years.

Over Russell, yes he's a small upgrade, but over Reaves he's a big upgrade.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

If Reaves doesn't pick up his defense he will 100% be a massive liability come playoff time. One of the worst defenders in the league atm

On the list of worst defensive impact per EPM Branham, who is atrocious, is the only reason Reaves wasn't listed as the worst

https://twitter.com/nba_university/status/1747283885736481217

Reaves is a cult favorite but his play has been poor all year. Was targeted in the FIBA tournament also.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

why would he needs S+T? he can opt out and sign. i don't think any contender is going to want him or can trade for him at 20-25 mil due to the new CBA, but i am sure he is looking for more money regardless.

How many teams have enough cap space to sign someone at what Russell is looking for? 3? 4? And out of those very few teams, which one of them would want to pay him or don't already have someone at his position. Most likely any team he goes to is going to need to S+T for him.

mad55557777 wrote:
i view Murray as a slight upgrade from DLO, neither one will dictate us winning this year. it is the coach , LBJ and AD. all things equal, i rather trade for the guy on a somewhat reasonable contract for the next 4 years.

Over Russell, yes he's a small upgrade, but over Reaves he's a big upgrade.

That is true. However not enough of an upgrade to make a difference while Prince and Reddish remain on the team and Ham's favorites.

You also need to consider that Murray has a problem with the fact he isn't the primary ball handler for the Hawks, and the Hawks have Trae Young whom is better at everything else but defense than Murray is. Murray would be walking into a team with either Dlo or Reaves along with LeBron handling ball handling duties. So he'd leave one situation he complains about his role in because he wants to be main ball handler, for a team that has two additional ball handlers and on in particular he is NOT going to have any pull talking about, in LeBron.

What do you think happens to Murray when he gets caught complaining on social media that LeBron doesn't give him the ball enough or blaming the refs again for his lack of defensive effort.

If he can't handle ATL's media and fans, he will get destroyed by LA's.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

Murray is a 2-way starting-caliber player. AR can get played off the floor, and, honestly, shouldn't be more than a 6th man on any team that's supposed to have actual championship ambitions. People are letting their love for Reaves to blind them to the fact that he's not on Murray's level. Any other team's fanbase would say the Lakers are crazy for not trading Reaves for Murray.

This. He's a good player but completely at a ceiling of 6th man. Don't know why ppl react so strongly at the idea of trying to find/upgrade/replace him with a more legit starter (preferably a 2-way player).
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:36 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:

If Reaves doesn't pick up his defense he will 100% be a massive liability come playoff time. One of the worst defenders in the league atm

On the list of worst defensive impact per EPM Branham, who is atrocious, is the only reason Reaves wasn't listed as the worst

https://twitter.com/nba_university/status/1747283885736481217

Reaves is a cult favorite but his play has been poor all year. Was targeted in the FIBA tournament also.

The difference between AR and Dlo is the clutch ability. Dlo is already 100% massive liability. Maybe AR too but he is more capable defensively. So we canā€™t have 2 massive liabilities comes playoff.

AR is on good contract. He will always be an asset. Dlo is a flight risk and will be liability after trade deadline. Right now he is a tradable asset ( not a lot of value considering Hawks does not even want him)
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:42 pm    Post subject:

same people same wrong arguments.

Last edited by MJST on Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 22 of 24
Jump to: