RON ARTEST has.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: RON ARTEST has.....

no impact on the game. who am i?
Endure 12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Chea the Kings lost todaym now 2.5 games behind
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Endure 12 wrote:
Chea the Kings lost todaym now 2.5 games behind

I hope we can continue to own the kings & i would like to see kobe bust ron ron arse again
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Yep. That Artest guy, he sure is a winner who knows how to play?

Nevermind the fact that they can't even run their damned offense because when the ball hits his fingertips, the ball movement comes to a crashing halt.

But "Hey!!! He averages more points than LO, OBIVIOUSLY he's better than LO!!!"

:roll:
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject:

definately needed the kings to lose andwoulndt mind seeing utah go down to the sonics
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

His scoring ability isn't even the biggest thing he has over Odom. Try defense and intensity, in that order.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject:

drzucchini wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

His scoring ability isn't even the biggest thing he has over Odom. Try defense and intensity, in that order.

And his two biggest disadvantages to Odom are the very reason the Lakers FO didn't want to give LO up for him: value league-wide and he's a cancer.

Face it LO haters, "ball-stoppers" such as Artest will never win titles. It would have been great to have Arest WITH LO still a Laker, but not in a trade FOR LO. LO allows others to make plays. Artest doesn't.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Artest is a very good player.

I have never argued that. My concern with him is that he is too selfish with his comments, desires and actions on/off the court. He can fall inlove with shooting a ton of bad shots. He does not faciliate an offense. Defensively, though he is very good and he can impact a game through defense and intensity alone.

Artest, Odom and Bryant could have been very good. It's kinda like how Devean is on some nights for us (that strong athleticism, defense and intensity along with some garbage points) - only to have that almost every game in your starting lineup. Definitely would move us up 2-3 spots in the playoff rankings.

But Artest in place of Odom - Just don't think that would ever have worked out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
And his two biggest disadvantages to Odom are the very reason the Lakers FO didn't want to give LO up for him: value league-wide and he's a cancer.

You think Odom has more value around the league than Artest?

And hate to break it to you, but Odom has been a loser his entire career far more than Artest. I'd love to have the "cancer" that wins more, personally.

Quote:
Face it LO haters, "ball-stoppers" such as Artest will never win titles. It would have been great to have Arest WITH LO still a Laker, but not in a trade FOR LO. LO allows others to make plays. Artest doesn't.

Yeah actually, Artest does. Watch games sometime. Also realize that "ball stoppers", as in players who play defense (unless you poorly worded that phrase, which I suppose is likely) always win titles. Look at the last 18 years of NBA history.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Magic - heads up. Don't even bother wasting your time.

Peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject:

^ Yeah dude, heads up, the LO jockers are going to come out in full force over this one. Poor kids.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject:

If anyone is capable of saying that Lamar is better than Artest = he's just a homer
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

who says Indy wanted LO? walsh has said he didnt want LO's contract. there goes that theory.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject:

LO's so overpaid gthat no goos GM will want it
gone-daddy-gone
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
drzucchini wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

LO sux, is overpaid and lacks heart.

and the worst part is, hes got the natural talent to be one of the top guys in the game. thats what makes him such a disappointment. he is the uber talented underachiever.

artest on the other hand is insane and could go off the deep end at any minute. however he is an overachiever. and he is playing on a very cheap contract!

no matter how you slice it, this team would be better off if odumb and artest switched places right now.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
If anyone is capable of saying that Lamar is better than Artest = he's just a homer

I'm capable of saying that any player that goes into the stands and punches out people indiscriminatley shouldn't be allowed to play in the NBA. Artest may have more skill and more athleticism than Odom, but until Odom goes postal, I prefer having him on our team to having Artest.

But if Artest has to play anywhere, he should probably play for the Kings. The team that burned a Lakers jersey in a "pre-game" ceremoney and a guy who goes into the stands and assaults fans are a perfect match. And neither has any place in the NBA.
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

I'm capable of saying that any player that goes into the stands and punches out people indiscriminatley shouldn't be allowed to play in the NBA. Artest may have more skill and more athleticism than Odom, but until Odom goes postal, I prefer having him on our team to having Artest.

But if Artest has to play anywhere, he should probably play for the Kings. The team that burned a Lakers jersey in a "pre-game" ceremoney and a guy who goes into the stands and assaults fans are a perfect match. And neither has any place in the NBA.

So Lamar is a better player than All Star / Former DPOY Artest ?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Never heard of a "ball-stopper"? As in a guy who when the ball is moving crisply and concisely, he stops it because of his own agenda to score and not pass? aka A ballhog?

Figured someone who seems to know so much about basketball would know what a "ball stopper" is.

Note: I didn't say a "defensive stopper".
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

I didn't say Lamar was a better player. Just a more desirable team member. Comprende?
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

JIFISH wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:
JIFISH wrote:
40ptmachine wrote:

I didn't say Lamar was a better player. Just a more desirable team member. Comprende?

Shoes and wolf say he's better than Artest
KA_2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:

Never heard of a "ball-stopper"? As in a guy who when the ball is moving crisply and concisely, he stops it because of his own agenda to score and not pass? aka A ballhog?

Yes, "ball-stopper" isn't really a commonly used term in basketball, certainly not the way you're using it. Then again, I'm talking from the standpoint of having played and coached basketball in multiple leagues. How about you?

Quote:
Figured someone who seems to know so much about basketball would know what a "ball stopper" is.

Note: I didn't say a "defensive stopper".

Note: you didn't really say much of anything, period.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
^ Yeah dude, heads up, the LO jockers are going to come out in full force over this one. Poor kids.

Goodbye... tired of you fishing and stirring it up. You seem to have one purpose here and that's to start arguments.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:

40ptmachine wrote:

Shoes and wolf say he's better than Artest

Same goes for you.

Goodbye
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject:

KA_2 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

You think Odom has more value around the league than Artest?

Yes, I believe Odom has more value around the league than Artest.
Bergamotichek
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Now before someone comes along and claims, "we can't say anything negative about Odom, or we'll get banned... blah, blah, blah".

That isn't why either of these lameasses got tossed. It isn't too difficult to figure out. Their M.O. was to call people out, belittle them and start arguments. Tired of their crap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: