I thought the Pistons showed some class last night
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: I thought the Pistons showed some class last night

I watched their behavior after time ran out. Chauncey Billups went up to Smush or someone, slapped hands. Rasheed went up to a few players, hugged them, congratulated them. The Pistons stayed on the court, made the rounds, and paid their respects.

I thought it was classy of them and made me respect them more than say -- oh, Paul ("Look at me holding my jersey up" Pierce or Elton "Time out!" Brand...
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject:

That was real classy.

The Pistons are always a classy team, winning or losing. That's what earns 'em some of their respect, you see, the Mavs have a close record to them and you dont see them getting respect cuz of Cuban's anti-owner type.
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

theres nothing but love between the Bad Boys and Showtime
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:

i dont think so, Bill Lamber said it on Fox20Detroit he hates LAL the team hates LAL, but when game is over things change and players change to just teammates in a league. it cool
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

It's easy to be classy when you're on top of the league.
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

As long as they have idiots like Bill Lamebeer doing the talking for them they are far from classy.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

After the game, they weren't looking for excuses either. They gave us our props and basically said we outplayed them.
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:
After the game, they weren't looking for excuses either. They gave us our props and basically said we outplayed them.

They weren't looking for excuses cause they weren't any they could find. They had the refs in their pockets and still lost, there wasn't anything left for them to do but give the Lakers props.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject:

seriously......i'm not as "ghetto" as most people on these forums are or claim to be or aspire to be or whatever, but can someone please give me an actual definition for the term "props"

i mean i know it means to show respect, congratulate, honur etc, but where the hell did that word or term come from??
kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
seriously......i'm not as "ghetto" as most people on these forums are or claim to be or aspire to be or whatever, but can someone please give me an actual definition for the term "props"

i mean i know it means to show respect, congratulate, honur etc, but where the hell did that word or term come from??

what does the word props have to do with being 'ghetto' as you call it?
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
LakerFan4Lyfe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject:

novano2004 wrote:
LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:

i dont think so, Bill Lamber said it on Fox20Detroit he hates LAL the team hates LAL, but when game is over things change and players change to just teammates in a league. it cool

well of course.... teams have that competitive hate for each other regardless...... if there was all kissing and hugging on the court the scores would be up in the 200's!!!
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow, the term "props" comes from the root word "propers" as in perper respect. You have heard this term in the classic R & B hit "Respect", which was written by Otis Redding and most notably performed by Aretha Franklin.

In the song she says, "Give me my propers when you come home." That is what the term "props" means in the context of getting and giving respect.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

kemi4kobes wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

what does the word props have to do with being 'ghetto' as you call it?

oh God, please don't anyone take that innocent comment as some type of insinuated racial slurr - because it wasn't in any way, shape or form

i was just being sarcastic about how lots of people on these boards use such terms, which are often reserved for i dunno - rappers, musicians, gangs, pipms (lol) you name it thats all

i was just being stupid and saying that i'm not cool actually and proving i'm not cool by having to ask where the term came from or what it has been abbreviated from.....just seriously want to know is all dawg (lol)
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

dgrynch wrote:
LakeShow, the term "props" comes from the root word "propers" as in perper respect. You have heard this term in the classic R & B hit "Respect", which was written by Otis Redding and most notably performed by Aretha Franklin.

In the song she says, "Give me my propers when you come home." That is what the term "props" means in the context of getting and giving respect.

now that's an answer!!!!!

thanks man.

it's just that i have heard this term for so long and so often, but honestly never knew where the term actually originated from, or where it developed - as i said i knew what it meant or what it was supposed to refer to, but never knew where it came from or what it had been abbreviated from....propers = props, like it and thanks

oh and (i can't resist) huge props to dgrynch!!!!
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:

Some People :roll:

props

n : proper respect; "I have to give my props to the governor for the way he handled the problem"

Condescending...
Coca James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Pistons classy?? PLEASE.

They always remind people that they were the ones who destroyed our dynasty.

After last nights game, Prince said "we came off a back to back... i think our 7 games in 11 days caught up to us"

Billups "we beat ourselves tonight"

WHATEVER

Pistons are a team that benefits from others injuries

I still believe that if Malone, Ho Grant, and Fish were healthy, wed be 2004 champs

"I have to be assertive, and if the ball doesn't go in, it gives us a good rebounding opportunity." - Kobe
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Did you guys notice during the game when Rawsheet Wallace was squealing in that high pitched biatch voice.."BAWL DON'T LIE MAN....BAWL DON'T LIE!!!" at the ref?

The Refs were giving Detroit calls the whole freaking game, and this idiot has the nerve to call them out!

I was loving the looks on the pistons faces in the 4th when the calls started going towards the Lakers. It was like they were stunned and didn't know what to do when the calls were going against them. Oh no! we can't just play them 5 on 5! We can't guard these guys without holding them! How are we supposed to win if we can't foul without getting called for it on defense. Don't you know we rule on Defense!.....freaking idiots.
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Coca James wrote:
Pistons classy?? PLEASE.

They always remind people that they were the ones who destroyed our dynasty.

After last nights game, Prince said "we came off a back to back... i think our 7 games in 11 days caught up to us"

Billups "we beat ourselves tonight"

WHATEVER

Pistons are a team that benefits from others injuries

I still believe that if Malone, Ho Grant, and Fish were healthy, wed be 2004 champs

I'm on the same page as you!
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
Did you guys notice during the game when Rawsheet Wallace was squealing in that high pitched biatch voice.."BAWL DON'T LIE MAN....BAWL DON'T LIE!!!" at the ref?

The Refs were giving Detroit calls the whole freaking game, and this idiot has the nerve to call them out!

I was loving the looks on the pistons faces in the 4th when the calls started going towards the Lakers. It was like they were stunned and didn't know what to do when the calls were going against them. Oh no! we can't just play them 5 on 5! We can't guard these guys without holding them! How are we supposed to win if we can't foul without getting called for it on defense. Don't you know we rule on Defense!.....freaking idiots.

i agree, the Pistons get a lot of favour with their D, have done ever since they beat a certain team in 2003 finals, when they got away with everything
hig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

^^^2004 finals.
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought the Pistons showed some class last night

Scherm wrote:
I watched their behavior after time ran out. Chauncey Billups went up to Smush or someone, slapped hands. Rasheed went up to a few players, hugged them, congratulated them. The Pistons stayed on the court, made the rounds, and paid their respects.

I thought it was classy of them and made me respect them more than say -- oh, Paul ("Look at me holding my jersey up" Pierce or Elton "Time out!" Brand...

It also helps that we gave them a championship
scottpot29
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject:

That was a joke lastnight watching Prince try to guard Kobe. Everytime Kobe made a shot, Prince had this look of "He got lucky on that shot, he couldn't possibly do that aga........ah crap......he just did it again.......he couldn't poss......FREAK MAN! STOP DOING THAT!!!"

Beautiful.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

B_Rabbit1212 wrote:

Actually of you listened to some of there post game comments from the likes of Prince and Billups. They said that they lost because they were tired from like 7 games in 11 days and back to back and that is why they lost. Also that they lost a game they should have won. It is probably true though, but they did make excuses.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:

It was classy to do that. Of course, it is easier to be gracious when you are on top.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject:

They got man handled by the likes of kwame and LO. What are they going to say? They are far superior, they know that they are a hideous franchise and will never get props from me
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: