I thought the Pistons showed some class last night
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TONE
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

lol @ that dude thinking " props " was a ghetto term .
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject:

TONE wrote:

lol @ this dude for thinking that it's not - or that it's not often used in a wannabe cool, wannabe ghetto, street cred way......
D-Dogg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject:

So not a ghetto term.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject:

It's easy to be classy when you're the top dog. That's like you getting every chick on the planet you want but then some other guy gets a chick you wanted. You've already established yourself so you give the guy props. I'm not saying they aren't nice guys I'm just saying it's easy to be submissive when everything is going you're way in the long run.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
seriously......i'm not as "ghetto" as most people on these forums are or claim to be or aspire to be or whatever, but can someone please give me an actual definition for the term "props"

i mean i know it means to show respect, congratulate, honur etc, but where the hell did that word or term come from??

Here Mr. I'm Not Ghetto - props is short for propers which is short for proper amount of respect must be given due to one's action.

Jackass.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
jumpinmp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
TONE wrote:

lol @ this dude for thinking that it's not - or that it's not often used in a wannabe cool, wannabe ghetto, street cred way......

Well, I don't know what part of the country you're from, but I've lived in Idaho, North Dakota, and North Carolina, and props is just an everyday usage word. It has nothing to do with "ghetto".
macwebb
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow06 wrote:
scottpot29 wrote:
Did you guys notice during the game when Rawsheet Wallace was squealing in that high pitched biatch voice.."BAWL DON'T LIE MAN....BAWL DON'T LIE!!!" at the ref?

The Refs were giving Detroit calls the whole freaking game, and this idiot has the nerve to call them out!

I was loving the looks on the pistons faces in the 4th when the calls started going towards the Lakers. It was like they were stunned and didn't know what to do when the calls were going against them. Oh no! we can't just play them 5 on 5! We can't guard these guys without holding them! How are we supposed to win if we can't foul without getting called for it on defense. Don't you know we rule on Defense!.....freaking idiots.

i agree, the Pistons get a lot of favour with their D, have done ever since they beat a certain team in 2003 finals, when they got away with everything

I've been telling my friends this very thing for the last few years...I've never seen a team get away with so much...clubbing the opposition into submission and Rip "Trailways" Hamilton taking twenty extra steps coming off of those screens...Watching the 4th quarter was priceless...If I didn't watch it myself, I would never have believed the final score...Have a nice flight back to Detroit boys....
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

As much as I want and love to HATE Detroit, I got a lot of respect for them, and the way they play.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I dont give a rats ass about the Pistons old or new. As a matter of fact, i dislike all teams. I dont care about who shakes whos hand......BOW WOW WOW..
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
seriously......i'm not as "ghetto" as most people on these forums are or claim to be or aspire to be or whatever, but can someone please give me an actual definition for the term "props"

i mean i know it means to show respect, congratulate, honur etc, but where the hell did that word or term come from??

Here Mr. I'm Not Ghetto - props is short for propers which is short for proper amount of respect must be given due to one's action.

Jackass.

shame on you.
LA4Life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers got the kind of respect the pistons get from the refs night in and night out they'd have 10 more wins and probably be sitting at the 4th spot in the West.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

scottpot29 wrote:
Did you guys notice during the game when Rawsheet Wallace was squealing in that high pitched biatch voice.."BAWL DON'T LIE MAN....BAWL DON'T LIE!!!" at the ref?

The Refs were giving Detroit calls the whole freaking game, and this idiot has the nerve to call them out!

I was loving the looks on the pistons faces in the 4th when the calls started going towards the Lakers. It was like they were stunned and didn't know what to do when the calls were going against them. Oh no! we can't just play them 5 on 5! We can't guard these guys without holding them! How are we supposed to win if we can't foul without getting called for it on defense. Don't you know we rule on Defense!.....freaking idiots.

I think they realize deep down that the 2004 championship was handed to them. The way this team is protected by the refs and the NBA--Ben Wallace was suspended for how many games after he shivered Artest in the chin last year?--how can they be so bold as to think they're light years better than the other decent teams in the league.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
psydesho wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

Jackass.

shame on you.

A Ghetto is a Jewish word for a Jewish community, or a Jewish part of a city. The word became popular during Hitler's days as he forced all the Jews in to these Ghetto's before he started killing them off in concentration camps.
And then during all the segregation problems 50+ years ago the term Ghetto became a generic word for any part of a city that had a large % of a certain ethnic, race, or religion.

So saying your not Ghetto is kinda an inappropriate word.
LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject:

the Pistons are the biggest cry babies in the league, just ask phil.
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject:

LAKERLVR wrote:
the Pistons are the biggest cry babies in the league, just ask phil.

Or Scott Skiles
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/

Last edited by B_Rabbit1212 on Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:

psydesho wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:

Jackass.

well if Johnny Knoxville can become famous just for being one, i'll take that derogatory comment as a compliment....

i wish i hadn't used the term ghetto, it was in the wrong place and was "my bad" maybe i should've used the term "cred" as in i don't have the same "cred" as you guys or i'm not as "cred" as you

anyway my mistake, i should have thought of a better term, as i can see my meaning could have been misleading or could have been miscontrued, which it was - sorry to all those i deeply offended

i just wanted to know where the term originated from, some people chose to take pity on my ignorance and simply explain it, to which i say thanks.......others chose to be tough about it and go all gangsta on me, to those i say good on you or "props" to you for teaching my sorry azz a lesson
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject:

jumpinmp wrote:
LakeShow06 wrote:
TONE wrote:

Well, I don't know what part of the country you're from, but I've lived in Idaho, North Dakota, and North Carolina, and props is just an everyday usage word. It has nothing to do with "ghetto".

ever consider that i'm not from your country....there is in fact a whole world outside the borders of the mighty US of A.......

i explained that the whole "ghetto" fiasco was my mistake and not the word or term i was really seraching for, so i apologise

all i was really after was an explanation and i got that, so i'm over it, but my last word is....to me the term "props" to me is a slang word, a buzz word, a cool word or term, it's implied meaning is not a Webster's classic....again sorry for my ignorance
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject:

novano2004 wrote:
LakerFan4Lyfe wrote:
theres nothing but love between the Bad Boys and Showtime

i dont think so, Bill Lamber said it on Fox20Detroit he hates LAL the team hates LAL, but when game is over things change and players change to just teammates in a league. it cool

Bill Lambeer and "Mason", or should I say, "Mason", are to classiness, what an outhouse is to the Waldorf Astoria. :roll:
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Props is just slang like 'wassup' or 'bling'. You guys need to find more important things to get worked up about, like how damn good my owl is looking.
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
Props is just slang like 'wassup' or 'bling'. You guys need to find more important things to get worked up about, like how damn good my owl is looking.

Well that is a damn good looking owl.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject:

I did respect the fact that a lot of the players on the Pistons stayed on the court and gave props to a lot of Lakers. They weren't all bitter about losing...why couldn't we do that during the finals a few years back damnit!?!?!? But anyway, props to the Pistons for showing "some" class.

Oh yeah...Prince is a Princess!...I saw his face everytime Kobe hit a shot and ran the other way like "man that sh*t was luck." Lit his ass up for 40! Sucker! That's why you weren't an All-Star!!!
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject:

classy move by the Pistons to let the Lakers run a train on them
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:

once bill lambeur is around them, i hate them more, that guy ticked me off soo much when he was on espn, , thank god they never brought him back.
LakeShow09
LG Multimedia Team
LG Multimedia Team

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

hig wrote:
Coca James wrote:
Pistons classy?? PLEASE.

They always remind people that they were the ones who destroyed our dynasty.

After last nights game, Prince said "we came off a back to back... i think our 7 games in 11 days caught up to us"

Billups "we beat ourselves tonight"

WHATEVER

Pistons are a team that benefits from others injuries

I still believe that if Malone, Ho Grant, and Fish were healthy, wed be 2004 champs

I'm on the same page as you!

karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

1. Crying about the refs is what losers do. Every team thinks they get shafted by the refs. Go read the thread on the realgm pistons board for that game. See what they say about the refs (and Stern) not letting them win. Sound familiar?

2. The Pistons did show class by congratulating our boys on a well played game. What stood out to me was Prince shaking Smush's hand and saying something to him. Smush starts to walk off, then sort of says 'what' and Prince repeats what he says and thumps him on the chest, sort of as if to say 'you can play, dude.' I thought it was heartwarming and a nice and classy gesture. They were also giving Kwame a lot of love. good to see. Good sportsmanship.

Last edited by karlmalonefan on Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: