matchup with the spurs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Tony Parker penetration. The Lakers must crowd Parker and force Spurs to make perimeter shots on the road. You tip your hat off to them if they can beat you through 3 point shooting.

Offensively - pretty much the same thing they did vs Detroit. Lamar playing his type of basketball and the Lakers trusting one and another with the Triangle offense. Kobe must attack quickly like he did vs Detroit and not hold on to the ball for long (stalling it in process)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Muad'Dib
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject:

DiehardLakerFan wrote:
Tony Parker is averaging more points than Duncan - he'll be having a field day on Smush.

Just like last time, huh?

Smush brought it and held Le Francois to 10 pts on 11 shots, along with having his hand in 4 TOs.

He matched him scoring-wise on only 7 tries, and also had 3 steals.

Smush is going to give it to him again, don't worry.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

we are home after a big win(only big if we win this).
Our D should be strong however the Spurs love playing us after all those years of domination.
Kobe cant get ticky tacks against Gino.
I put Kwame on TD and just play really physical. even at the cost of fouls
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Keep Parker out of the paint and Duncan and Nazir off the offensive boards, and you have a shot of winning. Hopefully Odom and Cook will shot up offensively. Having Cook pull Duncan out of the paint could be huge.
Spurs
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
Emphasize on this game is to discourage Tony Parker. This guy is leading the league in points in the paint. I mean if we can keep him on the perimeter I think we have a pretty good shot on winning. Cant forget about Duncan he's going to post, he isn't like Sheed and going to take that 3 point shot but if we foul him hard and make him go to the line and shoot free-throws well be alright with him. The key is to make everybody else beat us. If we can contain Tony and Make Duncan work for his I see this game close.

Well, you would think that but against the Mavericks Ginobili and Duncan both had subpar games and we won. But I think you are right, if you contain Parker, the Spurs will have a very tough time winning.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

We don't exactly excel at "containing" small quick guards.

Time for a Plan-B
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

I say we bring in a sub deep off the bench and have him bite Tim Duncan.

If Duncan bites back, they both get tossed and the plan works!

If he doesn't, we just call it a tribute to our days with Big Shot Rob.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
uberzev wrote:
Expect Ginobili to shoot 10+ free throws.

Sir. Flops Alot, he will definitely be at his best for this game. He is going too have his full arasenal of flops for this game, left , right, it will be on primetime display .

* Thats one bad ass bird, uber
Yeah, if he's guarding odom, I expect a lot of offensive fouls called on odom. He tends to pick those up when trying to post up smaller defenders. Hope I'm wrong.
JuiceMonkey
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

karlmalonefan wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
uberzev wrote:

Sir. Flops Alot, he will definitely be at his best for this game. He is going too have his full arasenal of flops for this game, left , right, it will be on primetime display .

Yeah, if he's guarding odom, I expect a lot of offensive fouls called on odom. He tends to pick those up when trying to post up smaller defenders. Hope I'm wrong.

spurs couldnt handle odom last game no matter who they put on him...they tried just about everyone, ginobili, duncan, horry, finley. he was the best player on the court the last game vs the spurs. that was probably kobe's worst game of the season and we were in it til the end. hopefully odom will stay aggressive and kobe plays more of a calculated game instead of doing exactly what the spurs want him to do.
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject:

i'm blaming eva if we lose this game...
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject:

THE GOODS wrote:
i'm blaming eva if we lose this game...

Yes me too, in fact either way she deserves a spanking.
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject:

tenguygrst wrote:
karlmalonefan wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
uberzev wrote:

spurs couldnt handle odom last game no matter who they put on him...they tried just about everyone, ginobili, duncan, horry, finley. he was the best player on the court the last game vs the spurs. that was probably kobe's worst game of the season and we were in it til the end. hopefully odom will stay aggressive and kobe plays more of a calculated game instead of doing exactly what the spurs want him to do.
Yeah, I know, I remember being very happy with how they played for the most part. They hung tough. I was refering to how LO has had trouble with smaller players flopping on him in the post and him getting called for offensive fouls...I was just saying I hope that doesn't happen tonight, because it seems to frustrate him and take him right out of the game...

Regarding Parker, we just need to lay the wood on him. Remember in the playoffs that year (2004), we had so much trouble with him penetrating the lane, until we laid him out one time, and he thought twice about coming in there again...Kwame, go to work!
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject:

This will be an easy win....Lakers roll by 20.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

is jim jackson going to be activated for tonight's game? because, if he is, they could possibly put kobe on parker in case parker becomes too difficult a cover for smush...that would leave jackson to match up with ginobili...preventing deep point guard penetration is going to be key to the lakers beating the spurs tonight...
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersdynasty999 wrote:
this is kwames night to shine...if he can D up duncan like he did garnett earlier in the yr...he can stay on the roster for one more week...if not...NBDL!
Kwame is not eligible for the D-League, it is for 1st and 2nd year players only.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Last time they played the Spurs, the Lakers followed it up with probably their best stretch of team basketball this season. I believe they went 5-1 on that trip. Let's hope that we see the same thing after this game.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Purplereign34 wrote:
the last time we went to san antonio, lamar had a huge game. he had like 23/16/6. hopefully we can contain tp and ginobili and make duncan(yes duncan) beat us. duncan is just avging 19 ppg this year. we need to play him 1 on 1, and if he gets 40, so be it. just contain tp and ginobili
It was the last game in Nov. and LO's line was 27/16/3.
Point a Minute
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject:

I see George really playing well tonight to show JJ shouldn't take minutes from him.
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Make parker & manu work hard on the defense and u have a chance to win. the major weakness that parker has is when he plays alot of
D he starts turning the ball over and POP will take him out.
Beating the Spurs does not take 1, 2 or 3 keys, it takes the entier team to play. Important thing like, cut on turnovers, rebounding and PLS MIHIM COOKE AND ODOM stay out of foul trouble. George has to play hard. every laker member that plays must score. the more u score on the spurs the better u have a chance to win, a close game will not help caz the spurs need about 4 minutes in the 4th to end the game with a win even if they are down by 9 or 10 points so the scoring must be consistant. 3rd courter and the 4rth are important. kobe needs 42-45 points and 7 A.
lakrgurl834
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

We better win, I am leaving for the game now, hate watching Lakers lose. Hopefully Lamar and Kwame play with the same inteensity as Sat nite and we'll at least be in the running

LAKERLVR
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Well... we do match up pretty well on paper but I've leared not to compare teams player by player - position by position. With a Championship calliber team like the Spurs, their team is greater than just the sum of its parts.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject:

LAKERLVR wrote:
Well... we do match up pretty well on paper but I've leared not to compare teams player by player - position by position. With a Championship calliber team like the Spurs, their team is greater than just the sum of its parts.

Agree all about team, team offense and team defense.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: