What will Kobe add to his arsenal?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: What will Kobe add to his arsenal?

What do you guys think Kobe will add to his arsenal this off-season? We saw the Bank shot, we see the fadeaway, and we saw his long range game improve. Do you guys think Kobes skillset is pretty much done, and now he's just gonna polish it from here on in to rough out the edges?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject:

I personally think he has to bring that bank shot back. It would make things that much more difficult for defenses in the post.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject:

it wouldn't hurt if he'd try to drive to the basket a little more often
PushingtheLimit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject:

Sidious wrote:
it wouldn't hurt if he'd try to drive to the basket a little more often

If youve ever played in any type of organized game, youd know that driving into the lane on every play just takes a toll on your body. Every game I play I end up aching somewhere afterwards and its never fun. All the little shots, prods, pokes, and hits that go unnoticed take a toll on someones body and also discourages players from going into the lane. If I were Kobe, and had a killer mid range game, I'd try and utilize that to keep my body happy while taking smart shots.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

Efficiency. Easy opportunities to score while giving high energy defensive effort.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject:

Kobe has pretty much everything in his arsenal, he just tends to fall in the love with the fade-away and the long 3's. I still like it when he uses his elbow shot in the paint or does anything left-handed. Anyone remember how much he pwned Dallas last season operating in the post?
Raptor2k
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject:

I haven't seen Kobe do any spin moves in a while, while driving into the lane for example. Could easily result in an open layup or short jumper against the zone.
Sidious
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

I didn't say he should take it to the rack everytime, but sometimes he relies too much on the outside jumper and bails the defense out.

And I've played basketball and taking outside jumpshots takes just as much of a toll on your body, especially the fadeaways and deep jumpers that Kobe likes to do. It takes a lot of energy to elevate for shots from the perimeter like that.

Last edited by Sidious on Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldenThroat

Kobe doesn't lack this, persay, but I feel like he can continue to develop in the "making the players around him better" department. I've seen growth from him in regards to that this year, and I think that's really the last level of greatness for him to reach. I have full confidence that he will accomplish this, but he's not quite there yet.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject:

Polished decision making.

I'm sure it's tough to figure out what to do when you literally have every shot there is, unlimited range and can make any pass from the basic to the impossible in your arsenal, but that's what he needs to do.
mirak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject:

Since Kobe is the least of our problems, and since his current arsenal has made him the most complete player in the NBA, I would be content if he simply added general managerial skills to his arsenal and convinced management to acquire other arsenals, preferably in the form of players who can score and defend on a nightly basis as if their jobs depended on it.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

mirak wrote:
Since Kobe is the least of our problems, and since his current arsenal has made him the most complete player in the NBA, I would be content if he simply added general managerial skills to his arsenal and convinced management to acquire other arsenals, preferably in the form of players who can score and defend on a nightly basis as if their jobs depended on it.

Niiiiiiiice.
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

Great question because it is a no brainer that every off season Kobe adds something new. I mean fortunetly Kobe is a complete player already at the age of 27. Maybe he could bring back some of his boost back to his jumping. In the off season Lebron was doing dunking drills with a bungee tied to his waist while his trainner would try to hold him down as he would just constantly do dunks. We see how Lebron gets up now even with contact. Something just for fun I guess. But seriously all in all you really don't ned to add anything when your Kobe. He gots it all .
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject:

I heard a rumor that Kobe was spending quite a bit of time with the Marines trying to learn the exact trajectory of Bazooka shots and had become pretty adept at standing between the top of the key and the half court line and launching a 4.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
puajibai
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

seriously the guy has no weaknesses or holes in his game...
mad handles- check
shut down defense- check
shoot the gap/ strip guys for steals- check
finish at the rim with reverse or jam or And1- check
midrange/post game- check
catch and shoot J- check
drive and pull up J- check
triple threat jab and rise up J- check
fadeaway from elbow, either wing, or baseline- check
3 pt range- check
left handed turn around fadeaway 3 pt range- check
4 pt range- check

but if I had my way it would be great (and definitely doable) for him to take his FT% from mid 80s to low 90s.
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject:

Some more exotic fakes would help.

I would love to see him master that.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject:

I would like to see him work on his foot work on the defensive side. What I mean by that is agility drills. I mean you have to face it he's not as quick as he use to be on that side of the ball. What he is though is a smart player. He really works on his angle when he guards someone or even helping. I just think if he manages to improve his offense, coz he doesn't need to add anything, and he works on his lateral and backwards movement he'll be what he is already, amazing.

Also I think working with Lamar will help as well. I know people get tired of comparing MJ to Kobe and Lamar to Pippen. This is how I look at it MJ said he wouldn't be as good as he was if he didn't have Pippen guard him and step up the level of his game and vise versa.
KOBEhastheMAGIC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject:

I don't know how much more he can add. I'd like to see him polish and add some more consistency to his shooting stroke. Work on the three-ball some more and get that up to like 38-39 percent. Umm bring back the bank shot. Add more of a back to the basket post game. That would be awesome. He used to work guys witth he up and under. 1ust keep doing what you're doing. Oh and bring back that ridiculous cross over. I know he still does it but now he pulls up instead of driving strong. i want to see him use it to get to the hole more.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject:

Sustained levitation.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:25 am    Post subject:

wont he be playing in the world championships this off season...
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject:

My sources tell me that he will add a Jordanesque pull-up jumper as his go-to move.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

a world championship gold medal...not much time for anything else...
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject:

The ability to smell colors, and or get better at makeing everyone else better. (not that he's bad at it)
OdomX2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Efficiency. Easy opportunities to score while giving high energy defensive effort.

and how would Kobe work on that? By demanding that teams don't double or triple team him?
Achilles
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Better shot selection and consistent defense. That's about it as far as I'm concerned. I'd also like to see him post up more because his foot work is just a thing of beauty.
Also, in terms of leadership, I'd love it if he could inspire the other guys to focus and dedicate themselves the way he has.
I'd also like to see him work on his interview skills. Too many generic answers. We know there's a personality there because we see it on the court. He should try being a little more candid and give his teammates props after big wins.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: