<sarcasm>Hooray for Jim Jacksons career 41% fg shooting...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mj23thegoat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: <sarcasm>Hooray for Jim Jacksons career 41% fg shooting...

Great move Mitch! </sarcasm>There has to be legitimate reason why the Suns let this guy go. Hes clearly on his last legs. I dont expect much ... time will tell but I think alot of you Laker fans are responding to this move similiar to those who applauded the signing of Aaron Mckie (who by the way is 2 years younger!) and we all know how much we got from that guy... we'll see
LGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject:

And tell me. Does this really deserve it's own thread? I'm sure you could've posted this in the existing JJ thread or the official chicken, little, piss and moan thread. It's all about your preference.

CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject:

I just realized. Mitch can't win. If we didn't sign Jim Jackson, you guys would piss and moan all day and all night about how he slipped up again. Once we did get Jim, you guys piss and moan. We had an empty roster space, slava wasn't given us anything. I rather have Jim than slava...Or would you rather have penny...oh wait, there's a reason NY released him too.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

...we will see. sure, it's not a ground-shaking, earth-shattering move. but what did we give up? slava, who was never gonna play another game as a laker.

JJ is battle tested. i'd sure as hell feel better about him out there gutting it out in a close game than sasha or smush. ...and if he is on empty, what did we give up. nothing.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Take it easy...sit back, relax and watch us make the playoffs. We need help, and a lot of people as well as myself think JJ could give us a little something. Maybe not a whole lot, but at least veteran experience since we're so young.
mj23thegoat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:
I just realized. Mitch can't win. If we didn't sign Jim Jackson, you guys would piss and moan all day and all night about how he slipped up again. Once we did get Jim, you guys piss and moan. We had an empty roster space, slava wasn't given us anything. I rather have Jim than slava...Or would you rather have penny...oh wait, there's a reason NY released him too.

so basically we swap a player we didnt want for another player another team didnt want. thats a real improvement.
CrimsonLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

es

Last edited by CrimsonLaker on Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
RMurphy_22
Star Player
Star Player

JJ is a solid p/u and don't believe the "no legs left" hype, maybe playing with the Suns at there speed wasn't a good match, but for us it's fine. Also, please quit (bleep) about Mitch, he one of many making decision and we need to show patience.

Go Lakers
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

More insightful commentary from a newbie. It's people like this that give a bad name to new posters at LG.
shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:

CrimsonLaker wrote:

I don't think the majority here share the same sentiment as this clown (OP).
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
Alpha

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Man what's with all these posts?
DaFish
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

shiznak
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

mj23thegoat wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:

so basically we swap a player we didnt want for another player another team didnt want. thats a real improvement.

You mean release an injured player that we couldn't use, and sign a healthy one we can use? Please just go away.
Chris Mihm - "...the reason he's been forced to take as many shots as he has is because our offense tends to stagnate and then we just have a tendency to throw him the ball. When we don't keep moving, then he's kind of forced to get something up."
Laker2Xtreme
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: JJ

I actually think Jim Jackson can help us a lot. He's a tough defender, a smart veteran and a guy who can hit clutch shots. I was watching him with the rockets (lakers fan who moved to houston) and he gave them a lot of help. He probably doesn't have the legs to play the run and gun style of the suns and that's why he was released...plus they got a younger guy to replace him...but for the lakers he'll add much needed experience and sharp shooting...remember this guy mostly shoots from the three point line...40% is not bad for 3 pointers
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:

mj23thegoat wrote:
CrimsonLaker wrote:

He was on the Suns...the 1st place Suns that didn't need him. Just because one team doesn't need a player doesn't mean that player isn't needed elsewhere. Would you rather have an injured Slava or a healthy JJ???
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Its very possible that Jackson will do nothing here. However at this point of the season you cant call this a bad signing really what did we lose? Slava? Its not like if it doesnt work out this move is gonna hurt us.
xdragon8
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

better than slava...who aint doing ne thing for us this year...if jj can give us solid 7 mins that kobe is on the bench..thats all we need...im sure he can play 7 mins every game from now on...dude imagine if we still had profit n jj...our back court rotation would b pretty solid when kobe is on the bench
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

YAY FOR SASHA'S COMBINED 5 PTS IN THE LAST 4 GAMES!

JJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SASHA

- Kobe Bryant
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

I actually liked Profit, even though I always mistook him for Kobe when he was playing. He was a solid player...too bad he got hurt.
OscarWang
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Yes, Profit + JJ is better than Sissy Vujacic and Puke Walton

- Kobe Bryant
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Since this thread is still open......

Got to love <sarcasm here> when the pissing and moaning begins even before a player has put on the uniform.

Of course there was no mention that it came from an actual Laker fan.

Have reservations and doubts. Who knows how it will turn out. Its okay to be realistic as a fan, but the hate is just unreal.
Kobe2Clark
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Is he miles better than Sasha? Yes.

End of story...
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: <sarcasm>Hooray for Jim Jacksons career 41% fg shooting...

mj23thegoat wrote:
Great move Mitch! </sarcasm>There has to be legitimate reason why the Suns let this guy go. Hes clearly on his last legs. I dont expect much ... time will tell but I think alot of you Laker fans are responding to this move similiar to those who applauded the signing of Aaron Mckie (who by the way is 2 years younger!) and we all know how much we got from that guy... we'll see

slava is that you? you bitter?
if you're not slava you're either his mom, or his gf. No way can anyone criticize mitch over this move. Between JJ, penny, and barry, we picked the best option. If he brings nothing to the table it doesn't hurt us. We still suck. If he can contribute it may help us win 14 of the next 22 games so we can make the playoffs as #8.
Ozendorph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject:

The lakers are risking nothing and picking up a veteran shooter. Even if he doesn't pan out for some reason, where's the downside?

Your take is well thought out and very logical </sarcasm>
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Anyone hear Dave on the ticket praising the JJ signing and ragging on "Sissy" Vujacic? Hilarious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: