Anyone see Jim Rome today? (about Kobe)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Labron will be the better player in 2008.

Who is Labron? Haven't heard of that guy

If you are referring to Lebron, until he does something about his self-acknowledged lack of a Kobe-level killer instinct, he will be the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He admits it.

Kobe at 30 will be in his absolute Jordanesque prime. 2008 will be his moment of glory, as he leads the Olympic team to gold!

Excuse the spelling. Kobe is great, but he will never ever be MJ.

You can say whatever you want, but I believe Lebron is going to be the best ever. He is a better player than Kobe was at 21.

OOOOOH!!! That MUST mean that LeBron WILL be better than Kobe then huh?

:roll:

Kobe was better than Jordan EVER thought of being at the age of 20, 21, and 22. But yet you say Kobe won't be better than Jordan.

Nice logic.

You are out of your mind if you think Kobe was better than Jordan at that age. Jordan was probably a rookie at 21, but these are his first four seasons in the NBA. Kobe hardly played his rookie year.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
22.7 ppg 2.9 apg 3.6 rpg (was hurt all year-played 18 games)
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we have someone who thinks greatness is all about the box score....

He doesn't get it.

Did you know that Jordan won six NBA titles? Im afraid you dont get it.

Last edited by bthanos on Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
JerryMagicKobe

bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

He'll still have 0 rings.

If LJ had Shaq when he was in his prime along with Horry, Fisher, Fox and Co., he would have his rings as well. Dont fool yourself dude. It takes a team to win an NBA title.

You do realize that Kobe was 22 when he won his first ring, not in his prime. Kobe is just now hitting his prime. And why would you want LeBron James as the leader, when he openly defers to Kobe. Read the newspaper articles from the last time they played, and tell me that Lebron won't follow Kobe into battle. As a matter of fact, Lebron is EXACTLY the type of player to put around Kobe on the Olympic team. He's great, and a perfect fit. But even Lebron would tell you that Kobe is and will be the leader of the team.
lakers2626
Star Player
Star Player

You can throw out rings becasue basically when you talk about rings you talk about a team thing. There are a handful of journey man out there that have championship rings there, and do you think there better than Lebron? I don't think so, so when you compare Lebron and Kobe you really can't just go by rings.

Kobe reached 16,000 points in the league the youngest ever, Lebron will break that just because he is playing more. I mean Kobe didn't really start playing until his 3rd or 4th year. Lebron has been playing since he's been in the NBA so you really can't compare them what they did age wise. Just because Kobe went to a team that was more established and James went to a team that need him to play right away.

So how do you compare them you really can't because they are 2 different types of player. Kobe is known as a scorer who can defend. Lebron is more of a playmaker getting his team involved. Kobe is in your face either going to stop you or score on you. Lebron is relies on his teammates to make him look good.

Either way I think Lebron is good for Kobe just because Kobe will work that much harder to prove that he's better than everybody, so in a way it's a good thing Lebron is in this league.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

If you are referring to Lebron, until he does something about his self-acknowledged lack of a Kobe-level killer instinct, he will be the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He admits it.

Kobe at 30 will be in his absolute Jordanesque prime. 2008 will be his moment of glory, as he leads the Olympic team to gold!

You can say whatever you want, but I believe Lebron is going to be the best ever. He is a better player than Kobe was at 21.

That's your reason?? Because at 21, Kobe was in the NBA Finals doing BIG things. Sometimes it's not all about the numbers. It's about what you do when you do them. Jordan put up fantastic numbers, but he's considered the best ever because of what he did when he did them. KObe is mentioned in the same breath with Jordan for the exact same reason. LeBron...well let's just say LeBron has a long way to go to eclipse either one of those guys.

Cmon. Kobe was on three great TEAMS won three titles. He did not do it on his own.

No one ever does, sweetheart. No one ever does. But you're all about numbers so you wouldn't know that.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

kobester wrote:
They said lebron should be the leader because he has achieved a lot things which nobody has achieved at his age. LOL, what exactly has lebron achieved? two trips to lottery?

of course, playing with shaq was important, but will lebron have achieved as much as kobe when he is kobe's age now?
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject:

lakers2626 wrote:
You can throw out rings becasue basically when you talk about rings you talk about a team thing. There are a handful of journey man out there that have championship rings there, and do you think there better than Lebron? I don't think so, so when you compare Lebron and Kobe you really can't just go by rings.

Kobe reached 16,000 points in the league the youngest ever, Lebron will break that just because he is playing more. I mean Kobe didn't really start playing until his 3rd or 4th year. Lebron has been playing since he's been in the NBA so you really can't compare them what they did age wise. Just because Kobe went to a team that was more established and James went to a team that need him to play right away.

So how do you compare them you really can't because they are 2 different types of player. Kobe is known as a scorer who can defend. Lebron is more of a playmaker getting his team involved. Kobe is in your face either going to stop you or score on you. Lebron is relies on his teammates to make him look good.

Either way I think Lebron is good for Kobe just because Kobe will work that much harder to prove that he's better than everybody, so in a way it's a good thing Lebron is in this league.

I think that was an excellant post my man. You are right. They are very difficult to compare. I just believe when both careers are finished, Lebron will have more titles and will be considered the more accomplished player. We will just have to wait and see.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Kobe was better than Jordan EVER thought of being at the age of 20, 21, and 22. But yet you say Kobe won't be better than Jordan.

Nice logic.

You are out of your mind if you think Kobe was better than Jordan at that age. Jordan was probably a rookie at 21, but these are his first four seasons in the NBA. Kobe hardly played his rookie year.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we have someone who thinks greatness is all about the box score....

He doesn't get it.

Did you know that Jordan won six NBA titles? Im afraid you dont get it.

You don't say??? And how many does LeBron have again?? Oh Wait!!! None!!! You know, Jordan had a pretty good team around him for those 6 rings. It wasn't just him by himself.
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject:

What two detroit clowns said this? I am curious.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Lebron will be the same player he is today 10 years from now.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

kobekillinu2nite wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Get this blasphemer out of here

, your getting the evil eyes ...kobe hate on a laker board , i dont think so
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Nice logic.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

He doesn't get it.

And a lady who does get it.

Will you marry me?
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

I do not hate Kobe Bryant. I think he is one of the best players to ever play the game. I have much respect for his work ethic and will to win.

I am just stating an opinion.
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Nice logic.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

He doesn't get it.

Will you marry me?

Oh my gawd! I love weddings!
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

I do not hate Kobe Bryant. I think he is one of the best players to ever play the game. I have much respect for his work ethic and will to win.

Yep, and not using any logic behind it either.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobekillinu2nite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

If LJ had Shaq when he was in his prime along with Horry, Fisher, Fox and Co., he would have his rings as well. Dont fool yourself dude. It takes a team to win an NBA title.

You do realize that Kobe was 22 when he won his first ring, not in his prime. Kobe is just now hitting his prime. And why would you want LeBron James as the leader, when he openly defers to Kobe. Read the newspaper articles from the last time they played, and tell me that Lebron won't follow Kobe into battle. As a matter of fact, Lebron is EXACTLY the type of player to put around Kobe on the Olympic team. He's great, and a perfect fit. But even Lebron would tell you that Kobe is and will be the leader of the team.

correction: Kobe was 21 in the 2000 NBA finals.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
Lebron will be the same player he is today 10 years from now.

And there certainly is an argument to be made for that line of thinking. I don't know how great LeBron will become, but the things that will either make him one of the best ever or like you claim, as good as he'll ever be don't lie in the numbers. They lie in his will, his heart, his ability to develop a shark mentality, that fire in the belly. Right now, I see a player that is young and immensely talented, but I haven't seen the type of transcending intangibles that make a great player one of the best of the very best. We've seen those qualities in a few of his peers like Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony (both of which have been to the POs 2 years in a row), but not LeBron.

It's nice to be ambitious and believe that LeBron will be the best ever and he'll have more rings than Kobe and blah blah. But let's not put the cart before the horse. How about LeBron seeing a playoff series first? Let's see how he does there. That's certainly something I'm interested in.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject:

mbloves L.A. wrote:
sodapoppenski wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Nice logic.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

He doesn't get it.

Will you marry me?

Oh my gawd! I love weddings!

Well that does it you're invited. Open bar, I'll make sure of it.

Oh, but I shouldn't jinx it in case she shoots me down.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Maybe you should be on a Cav fan's forum because you are obviously biased to Lebron over Kobe.

To bring up Jordan as evidence for your argument that Lebron is better then Kobe doesn't make any sense at all, and I don't know why you think it influences anyone, it doesn't. You have to rate how good a player is by talent and how they make make their team win. I don't see the Cavs winning so I just don't know how great Lebron is. And do you really think Lebron is more talented then Kobe?

Kobe is a better shooter (maybe the best ever) a better defender (a dominant defender) and is just as good of a passer as Lebron is when he choses to be.

Kobe can do the Lebron act and avg close to a triple double, but Lebron can't do the Kobe act and score, what say 81 points a game? You Cavs fan you!!!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject:

..........................bthanos
Cavs --->
Laker Lurker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Supposedly according to the "2008" plan, he will be a Laker by then playing with Kobe for bling bling
KwamesMyGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I cant believe your responding to his dumb arguments.
Serious NBA Fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone see Jim Rome today? (about Kobe)

kobenbynum wrote:
Two guys from the Detroit press (I think) said Kobe is not the leader of the olympic team LeBron is the real leader.

Rome asked them "so Kobes rings don't mean anything?" and they said no.

Can you imagine the amount of hateraid you have to drink to pick LeBronze over Kobe?

Let them burn with envy. Coach K knows whats up!
bthanos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
bthanos wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Maybe you should be on a Cav fan's forum because you are obviously biased to Lebron over Kobe.

To bring up Jordan as evidence for your argument that Lebron is better then Kobe doesn't make any sense at all, and I don't know why you think it influences anyone, it doesn't. You have to rate how good a player is by talent and how they make make their team win. I don't see the Cavs winning so I just don't know how great Lebron is. And do you really think Lebron is more talented then Kobe?

Kobe is a better shooter (maybe the best ever) a better defender (a dominant defender) and is just as good of a passer as Lebron is when he choses to be.

Kobe can do the Lebron act and avg close to a triple double, but Lebron can't do the Kobe act and score, what say 81 points a game? You Cavs fan you!!!

You must be one of those guys who speaks without thinking. If you read the beginning of the thread, I merely stated that LJ will be a better player than KB in 2008. My opinion. Its not a fact. Tony Montana was the one who referred to KB as "in his absolute Jordanesque prime" when he turns 30. Then, I responded to him by stating that KB will never be MJ. That part of the argument had nothing to do with Lebron.

The only thing that this thread proves is that whenever someone states that someone else may be better than Kobe, everyone goes ape sh t trying to defend him.

And by the way, I have been a laker fan for over 25 years. I used to see Kareem shoot skyhooks at the forum. So please, do not question my allegiance to the Lakers.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
thumpinghead wrote:
bthanos wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
kobekillinu2nite wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

You must be one of those guys who speaks without thinking. If you read the beginning of the thread, I merely stated that LJ will be a better player than KB in 2008. My opinion. Its not a fact. Tony Montana was the one who referred to KB as "in his absolute Jordanesque prime" when he turns 30. Then, I responded to him by stating that KB will never be MJ. That part of the argument had nothing to do with Lebron.

The only thing that this thread proves is that whenever someone states that someone else may be better than Kobe, everyone goes ape sh t trying to defend him.

And by the way, I have been a laker fan for over 25 years. I used to see Kareem shoot skyhooks at the forum. So please, do not question my allegiance to the Lakers.

Please delete this poster.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Great One wrote:
If this team was built around Lebron, Mike Krzyzewski would not have been the head coach.

end of discussion

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: