Anyone see Jim Rome today? (about Kobe)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Dont worry about Detroit..they're just a bunch of piss offs.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Maybe you didnt read this part on why Lebron will NEVER be better then Kobe, stop jocking Lebron and read closely, closely now...

You have to rate how good a player is by talent and how they make make their team win. I don't see the Cavs winning so I just don't know how great Lebron is. And do you really think Lebron is more talented then Kobe?

Kobe is a better shooter (maybe the best ever) a better defender (a dominant defender) and is just as good of a passer as Lebron is when he choses to be.

Kobe can do the Lebron act and avg close to a triple double, but Lebron can't do the Kobe act and score, what say 81 points a game?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject:

kobenbynum wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Labron will be the better player in 2008.

Dude get the name right it's LeBronze.

AKA Lebrottery.
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject:

thumpinghead wrote:
Maybe you didnt read this part on why Lebron will NEVER be better then Kobe, stop jocking Lebron and read closely, closely now...

My sig below....
jxhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

Who is Labron? Haven't heard of that guy

If you are referring to Lebron, until he does something about his self-acknowledged lack of a Kobe-level killer instinct, he will be the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He admits it.

Kobe at 30 will be in his absolute Jordanesque prime. 2008 will be his moment of glory, as he leads the Olympic team to gold!

Excuse the spelling. Kobe is great, but he will never ever be MJ.

You can say whatever you want, but I believe Lebron is going to be the best ever. He is a better player than Kobe was at 21.

OOOOOH!!! That MUST mean that LeBron WILL be better than Kobe then huh?

:roll:

Kobe was better than Jordan EVER thought of being at the age of 20, 21, and 22. But yet you say Kobe won't be better than Jordan.

Nice logic.

You are out of your mind if you think Kobe was better than Jordan at that age. Jordan was probably a rookie at 21, but these are his first four seasons in the NBA. Kobe hardly played his rookie year.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
22.7 ppg 2.9 apg 3.6 rpg (was hurt all year-played 18 games)
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we have someone who thinks greatness is all about the box score....

He doesn't get it.

Did you know that Jordan won six NBA titles? Im afraid you dont get it.

Don't be a (bleep). Jordan's teams were STACKED with talent. What did he accomplish without Pippin, Kukoc, Rodman, Armstrong, Kerr, Paxson, etc.

I'll answer for you...NOTHING.
Jacko
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Who care about what they said....because Kobe will be the captain of team USA!!!!!!!!!!
LeBron is don't have the leadership and he can't play defense and Kobe is shot better than LeBron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject:

^ agreed. Kobe can do the "triple double" act or just carry the team on offense or be put on the other team's best player on defense. Key for Kobe is to figure out which role he has to play when and lead the team to wins. Kobe's efficiency and balance has always been something that he needs to work on.

For Lebron, it's learning how to carry the team when his teammates fail.

Kobe has to "prove" himself over again as the main cog.. Lebron has to prove himself in the playoffs.

It's very hard to judge them at this point on who would be the more accomplished player when it is all said and done.. Just enjoy that these two will be competing for that top spot for years to come.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Its like this, everyone knows if it came down to who wants it more, you know Kobe is going to take it from Lebron any day any night,

theres something called passion, drive, huevos, what have you, that kobe had when he was 17 and i havent seen it from lebron yet
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:

The only thing that this thread proves is that whenever someone states that someone else may be better than Kobe, everyone goes ape sh t trying to defend him.

No the thing it proves is that there are a lot of people that watch the NBA and still don't know jack about Basketball.

There is a lot more to the game besides dunking the ball or passing out of a double team. There's Shooting jumpers which most of these young kids are terrible at doing (as was Jordan until late in his career). There's playing defense (another thing these kids suck at). There's something called preparation (such as working on your game all through the off season. Something Magic, Bird, Jordan and Kobe are known for).

Finally there is the will to win. LeBronze doesn't have that yet.

That's quite a few things he'll need to work on before you can say he's a better player. He may be stronger, younger and more athletic but he lacks the fundamentals in the worse way.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

LeBron lacks fundamentals?

Kobe's a better player than LeBron, but it ain't because of fundamentals.

You do know that LeBron is actually more efficient scoring than Kobe is?

LeBron is no Kobe because he doesn't have that killer mentality, and thus lacks clutch heroics.
Sonicc64
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject:

^^^ HE DOES lack fundamentals.... Lebra carries the ball and walks ALOT..... just watch as little as 5 cavs games this season.

refs let him get away with murder
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Sonicc64 wrote:
^^^ HE DOES lack fundamentals.... Lebra carries the ball and walks ALOT..... just watch as little as 5 cavs games this season.

If he can get away with it, why not?
He's gotten away with it in highschool and now in the NBA.
I don't think you can blame him for doing it.
Zhengi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject:

shnjb wrote:
Sonicc64 wrote:

Since the topic is related to Team USA, in international ball, that's not going to fly with the refs there. So what is allowed in the NBA will not be tolerated in international play. So you can blame him for doing it if it shows up in the World Championships and Olympics.
shnjb
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Zhengi wrote:
shnjb wrote:
Sonicc64 wrote:

Since the topic is related to Team USA, in international ball, that's not going to fly with the refs there. So what is allowed in the NBA will not be tolerated in international play. So you can blame him for doing it if it shows up in the World Championships and Olympics.

Well, I can agree with that.

But I think for the purposes of playing in the NBA, LeBron's fundamentals are fine.
cirehawk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

He'll still have 0 rings.

If LJ had Shaq when he was in his prime along with Horry, Fisher, Fox and Co., he would have his rings as well. Dont fool yourself dude. It takes a team to win an NBA title.

So how many did Jordan win without Pippen genius?
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:

Is Labron another rookie or something?!?

Jake Speed, 1986
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

If you are referring to Lebron, until he does something about his self-acknowledged lack of a Kobe-level killer instinct, he will be the Peyton Manning of the NBA. He admits it.

Kobe at 30 will be in his absolute Jordanesque prime. 2008 will be his moment of glory, as he leads the Olympic team to gold!

You can say whatever you want, but I believe Lebron is going to be the best ever. He is a better player than Kobe was at 21.

OOOOOH!!! That MUST mean that LeBron WILL be better than Kobe then huh?

Kobe was better than Jordan EVER thought of being at the age of 20, 21, and 22. But yet you say Kobe won't be better than Jordan.

Nice logic.

You are out of your mind if you think Kobe was better than Jordan at that age. Jordan was probably a rookie at 21, but these are his first four seasons in the NBA. Kobe hardly played his rookie year.

28.2 ppg 5.9 apg 6.5 rpg
22.7 ppg 2.9 apg 3.6 rpg (was hurt all year-played 18 games)
37.1 ppg 4.6 apg 5.2 rpg
35 ppg 5.9 apg 5.5 rpg

Ladies and gentlemen, we have someone who thinks greatness is all about the box score....

He doesn't get it.

Did you know that Jordan won six NBA titles? Im afraid you dont get it.

You don't say??? And how many does LeBron have again?? Oh Wait!!! None!!! You know, Jordan had a pretty good team around him for those 6 rings. It wasn't just him by himself.

opinion or not. you were just owned. logically speaking of course.
gdballa03
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

If LJ had Shaq when he was in his prime along with Horry, Fisher, Fox and Co., he would have his rings as well. Dont fool yourself dude. It takes a team to win an NBA title.

The point is...Lebron "I can't get my fingers outta my mouth" James WILL STILL HAVE 0 RINGS!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Oh boy.

Sorry, LeBron hasn't earned the right to lead a team. I mean, did 7 months change him that much?

Wait, wasn't he on the USA team last time? WTF happened there?

Right. They lost. He didn't even play that well.

Point. You cannot sub in LeBron in 2000-2002 and say the Lakers would still win. 1. It cannot be proven. 2. LeBron was NOWHERE NEAR the defensive player Kobe Bryant was at the same age.

Yes, LeBron, please defend PGs. Hell, defend Iverson. Shut him down. Good luck.

Kobe is going to have the time of his life with a Coach who believes in hard work and laying it all out on the floor, with talent that can finish around him.

Could LeBron be better? Sure. I don't think he's the GOAT. Magic won a championship at a younger age, having the best game of his career as a rookie in the most critical game of his career. How can you beat that?

So, when LeBron plays center, and wills the Cavs into the playoffs and does some damage, then I'll believe it. But for now, I see a guy who's lazy on defense and hasn't developed a clear go-to shot in the crunch, when others before him, were switching on defense, being top 5 in steals, and developing hookshots.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Rome is not the most knowledgable basketball commentator out there. I love Lebron's game but, frankly, he hasn't proven anything. Let him dominate a play-offs series or two before leadership is laid at his feet. In the clutch moments, you know that the other Olympians will be looking toward Kobe to take ths big shots. Kobe's willingness to do that, his ability to hit those shots, and his end-to-end dedication, effort and drive set him above his peers by a significant margin. THAT'S who the the guys will follow, not someone who has been given that status lergely by the media and marketers. Until I see Lebron develop that cold-blooded mentality (and he may never do that -- it may be something inborn: you either have it or you don't, which is what I believe) he will be a shining star in the firmament, but he won't be the brightest star in the sky.

SGH
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject:

gdballa03 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

The point is...Lebron "I can't get my fingers outta my mouth" James WILL STILL HAVE 0 RINGS!

OMG!!! That is so nasty. Somebody needs to tell LeBron that that is not a good look.
lakerfin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

THE_BUTLER_DID_IT wrote:
bthanos wrote:
Tony Montana wrote:
bthanos wrote:

kobe is better than mj at 21 or 27 wtf does that mean troll?

Exactly. First off you can't even spell Lebron.......nice touch.
To say Kobe will never be MJ is just as stupid as saying Lebron is going to be the best ever. In case you haven't checked lately, Kobe has 3 rings, and more than likely, .................... wait just a minute. Are you in grade school? Are you supposed to be online? Is your homework done? I'm emailing your parents.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
gdballa03 wrote:
bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

OMG!!! That is so nasty. Somebody needs to tell LeBron that that is not a good look.

Here's LJ's secret: he washes down those salty nail clippings with a generous slug of Sprite.

Hmm mmm good.

SGH
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

cirehawk wrote:
bthanos wrote:
LAKERLVR wrote:
bthanos wrote:

So how many did Jordan win without Pippen genius?
Yeah, or Phil for that matter. :roll:
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
kobester wrote:
Yea, I saw it. Two hack writers, one is from detroit and the other is a columnist from SI. They said lebron should be the leader because he has achieved a lot things which nobody has achieved at his age. LOL, what exactly has lebron achieved? two trips to lottery?

Translation: LeBron should be the leader because we like him.
Not quite, it's more like... Kobe can't be the leader, because we hate him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: